CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK I've seen your post in other thread so I won't reply there

As for Internet connection using Cafe - I've got no ideas why that is so as I've never done that myself - sorry. I can only help on stuff I've actually done/found out myself
----------
Never really noticed the light/low battery but then I never let that happen anyway - but I can tell you that many people have complained about the DSTwo affecting battery life...although WHY it's happening when you've only used the power button to reset I don't know
---------
The NDS Slot2 and GBA Slot 2 is really for people who have a DSLite/Phat & a Slot 2 device inserted in the bottom. I think what it allows them to do is 'boot' the Slot-2 device into either a GBA mode (to play GBA ROMS from) or to boot into a Slot-2 Memory card to browse for Homebrew

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well the only explanation I can come up with the power thing is that because of the built-in processor, when you turn on the DS it drains the battery .. Since the battery was already on red I'd guess it drains it empty .. or something. Can't come up with anything else.

Aside from that though, I haven't seen any problems regarding the battery life as people have claimed that it's rather short when compared to other flash carts. I played for about 4,5 hours with maximum brightness just now on one go, and I could swear I was never able to play 5 hours or more with my old R4..

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Distrance said:
Aside from that though, I haven't seen any problems regarding the battery life as people have claimed that it's rather short when compared to other flash carts. I played for about 4,5 hours with maximum brightness just now on one go, and I could swear I was never able to play 5 hours or more with my old R4..
I totally agree with you - some time back I did a post suggesting doing a set of tests (You see the results in the second post) the time difference wasn't by much between the DSTwo & other cards

There are other things to consider that MAY affect the charge-life of the battery, such as how old the battery is, Brightness levels, amount of button pushing etc - but to say the DSTwo is the worse needs some facts gather to prove it

(Actually thinking about it - I can add a couple of more flashcards test to the list when I have time - M3 Zero/N5 on DSLite)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah I saw your test results before I bought Supercard, and was expecting something like 3hrs .. But yesterday I played for over 4 hours .. Not sure on exact time as I wasn't looking at the clock but anyway... and it wasn't left idling .. I was playing The World Ends With You so I don't know if that has something to do with it ( Since you said button pushing, but here you use touch screen only ).

Does the sound level really affect the battery life though ? I always use maximum sounds, too.

Additionally, today I only was able to play for about 3 hours or less as I shut down and restarted the DS often ( '' Cheat '' in TWEWY .. related to switching the date around ) )

Cheezeitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered a DSTwo, and I'm running into a little problem. It seems the card refuses to work on my DS Lite, but works just fine on my regular ol DS. I'm really not sure what the problem could be, anyone able to help me with this?

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cheezeitz said:
I recently ordered a DSTwo, and I'm running into a little problem. It seems the card refuses to work on my DS Lite, but works just fine on my regular ol DS. I'm really not sure what the problem could be, anyone able to help me with this?
do the paper trick,or try to clean the contacts on your DS lite

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
goncalodoom said:
Cheezeitz said:
do the paper trick,or try to clean the contacts on your DS lite
what exactly is it NOT doing (locks up on white 'health' screen, wrong logo showing, give error message etc??) might give us a better idea what could be wrong

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cheezeitz said:
It's not recognizing the card at all on the DS Lite.
What no 'fish tycoon' logo - that sound like either a contact issue or f**ked up card.
Since you say 'works just fine on my regular ol DS' (I'm guessing that's a DSPhat) then I would say it's more of a contact issue than a dodgy card (I'm also guessing normal game cartridges work fine on the DSLite)

Have you tried the 'card trick' (placing a thin bit of card behind the circuit board of the DSTwo) ?

Cheezeitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not quite sure what you mean by the whole card trick thing. Do you mean like placing a thin piece of paper behind the cart itself?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cheezeitz said:
Not quite sure what you mean by the whole card trick thing. Do you mean like placing a thin piece of paper behind the cart itself?
Yes - that's what I mean (although it MIGHT be a little tricky since the DSTwo has those 'pin seperators' on the back)

This post (although for the Acekard) has some photos (about 1/2 way down [Section 12]) that shows different 'paper tricks' that you could try

Endracion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The card is usually a very tight fit already, if anything, the paper should go behind the contacts themselves to raise them against the inside of the cartridge, but even then, he said it works in his other DS. I'd be willing to believe it's something with the console and not the cart.

Renegade Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got a SCDS2 and I'm having problems playing Mario Kart Super Circuit with the GBA emulator. It works but it plays different I'm not in control as I would like to be. I tried messing around with the frame skip levels but it isn't doing much good. Is there something I'm missing here?

EDIT: It's fine I toggled the CPU frequency and It's working great!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is either going to sound like a really stupid question or break down some walls, I've given up trying to guess anymore.

Is it at all possible to get GB and GBC files to run on the GBA emulator for the DS2?
I really can't see why it'd be impossible other than the fact that it doesn't see the files.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Is it at all possible to get GB and GBC files to run on the GBA emulator for the DS2?
I really can't see why it'd be impossible other than the fact that it doesn't see the files.
Well you've answered your own question...
If you can't see the files then you can't load GB/GBC games so the GBA emulator can't run them....

But seriously - the Emulator was designed to emulate the GBA hardware which I think is different to that of the GB/GBC,
just as Lameboy was developed to emulate the GB/GBC hardware.
The coding between the 2, I believe, is totally different so there's no way you could load in GB/GBC game into the GBA emulator & expect them to run (the same goes for trying to run GBA game in lameboy)

IF the source code for the DS2 GBA emulator is ever released, then some clever developer may be able to modify it to include the necessary GB/GBC coding used such as that used in Lameboy - or they may even be able to modify Lameboy to use DS2 cpu/memory (make it a plg instead of a nds) to offer 'speedier emulation', since the DS2 SDk is released

But until someone actually does the redesign of the emulator(s) then there's really no way of running GB/GBC in a GBA emulator

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
So, who's bought the GBAtemp one? I have! I feel somewhat special.

Posts merged

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been asked (looking through 39 pages of questions is a bit of a pain), but does anyone know if the DSTwo has compatibility with the Wii like the Acekard 2i does? Not that I use it that often, but I am quite curious. I've only just set mine up (I was going to wait to open it until X-Mas, but I wanted it completely set up as I was considering giving my Acekard 2i to my uncle (my younger cousin is getting an R4DS, my uncle doesn't seem to think she will be able to use it since she has Autism on the severe side of the spectrum, but this is the same girl who could figure out how to turn on my computer, my game machines, and my capture card when I had everything set up there, I think she will be fine. She worked my Acekard 2i with absolutely no instructions when I was letting her use my DSi while getting blood work done.).

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A simple "Does it have Wii Connectivity" would have sufficed.

To answer your question, Yes. Yes it does.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:

Posts merged

I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY want to, but I won't
closedeyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb