XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
250px-Superpitfall.JPG

"In 1986 Pony Inc released the loose remake of Pitfall II: Lost Caverns ' Super Pitfall ' for the Famicom and PC-8801. It was a scrolling platformer that also appeared in 1987 for the NES as another line up in the Pitfall series which first appeared on the Atari 2600 and published by Activision. However Super Pitfall unlike the original Atari 2600 game was not so well received with one such site saying "Pitfall is one of the best Atari 2600 games but Super Pitfall is one of the worst NES games" (Wiki). So not really much to celebrate on that front, but along comes a professional game artist by the name of Mário Azevedo (nesrocks) who has released The Super Pitfall 30th Anniversary Edition; a fan fixed game for the NES.

Super_Pitfall_screenshot.png
game1.png

In celebration of the games 30th birthday, Mário Azevedo has stepped up to the task and taken this rather poor excuse for a Pitfall game and given it the very special treatment. According to him, "Super Pitfall is one of those odd games that are broken beyond belief and still people talk about it. If you look hard enough, you'll even find those with fond memories of it. The truth is, there is a good game underneath all of its problems. It is an ugly swan in the series, and it is the only one representing it on the NES. Something had to be done, and the time was now".

Super-Pitfall-30th-Anniversary-Edition-Screenshot-6.png

Thus after a long task of modding and learning assembly with the rom hacking help of veteran Macbee, he has overhauled the game with lush new graphics, a new soundtrack, new game design improvements such as no hidden items or warps, improved performance and even an automatic battery save. With beta testers' feedback being overwhelmingly positive for example 'they've never seen a hack like this before'."

game2.png

News Source: http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/09/super-pitfall-30th-anniversary-edition.html

Home page: http://bitinkstudios.com/

Last edited by XDel,
Reactions: 8BitWonder

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard this game was iffy so I haven't tried it yet. This hack seems to fix the issues other people had with it. I think I might try it

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard this game was iffy so I haven't tried it yet. This hack seems to fix the issues other people had with it. I think I might try it

I've been addicted to "Metroidvania" type games since at least Pitfall II on the Atari 2600. Naturally when the NES came out, I was all over games like Rambo, Metroid, Goonies 2, and the like, and I beat them all. Super Pitfall was no exception, and it was a pain in the ass, and I didn't even have a cheat guide.

Needless to say, I've been wanting to play through it again, but alas, when you got so many better options today that don't have as many bugs; playing it seems kind of pointless...
...until now!!! I was hoping someone would come along and polish off this old potential gem. And from what I've played of it, the author gave fixed EVERYTHING and more!!! I really hope this hack encourages many to check it out who would not have otherwise.

Reactions: Returnofganon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: