Is this useful ?

• Total voters

WiiJYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to change MAC address on DSi firmware using hex editor, but Connection 1, 2, 3, and DS communications doesn't work anymore when I have changed the MAC address. Any way to change the MAC address without breaking such things?

Reactions: rvtr

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to change MAC address on DSi firmware using hex editor, but Connection 1, 2, 3, and DS communications doesn't work anymore when I have changed the MAC address. Any way to change the MAC address without breaking such things?
Editing anything in 0x2A to 0x1FF usually kills wireless completely. Some of the data is specific to the exact wifi board that the firmware is stored on. Same reason you can't use the wireless config from one wifi board in another. I'm guessing the MAC address is a part of that hardware unique data and can't be changed.

Just guessing though so I might be very off. You could also want to try redoing the CRC16 for your edits.
Code:
  02Ah 2    CRC16 (with initial value 0) of [2Ch..2Ch+config_length-1]
  02Ch 2    config_length (usually 0138h, ie. entries 2Ch..163h)

Reactions: WiiJYC

WiiJYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Editing anything in 0x2A to 0x1FF usually kills wireless completely. Some of the data is specific to the exact wifi board that the firmware is stored on. Same reason you can't use the wireless config from one wifi board in another. I'm guessing the MAC address is a part of that hardware unique data and can't be changed.

Just guessing though so I might be very off. You could also want to try redoing the CRC16 for your edits.
Code:
  02Ah 2    CRC16 (with initial value 0) of [2Ch..2Ch+config_length-1]
  02Ch 2    config_length (usually 0138h, ie. entries 2Ch..163h)
Well, I finally figured out how to do this now. Ty for your reply!
Post automatically merged:

Excuse me @bilibili2011? Sorry to ping you but I would like to change the serial number for DSi NAND. Can you make a NAND Editor? I was confused under https://problemkaputt.de/gbatek-dsi-sd-mmc-firmware-misc-files.htm to fix an error code 1-2435-8325. I got this error just because I have change the NAND's Serial Number.

Well, I finally figured out how to do this now. Ty for your reply!

Excuse me @bilibili2011? Sorry to ping you but I would like to change the serial number for DSi NAND. Can you make a NAND Editor? I was confused under https://problemkaputt.de/gbatek-dsi-sd-mmc-firmware-misc-files.htm to fix an error code 1-2435-8325. I got this error just because I have change the NAND's Serial Number.
And by the way I'm using hex editor (HxD) again.

Last edited by WiiJYC,
Reactions: rvtr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme