Super Mario Mash-Up Pack for Minecraft: Wii U Edition

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 16.19.06.png

The days of dreaming of a blocky Super Mario are over! Minecraft: WiiU Edition is getting the Super Mario treatment! Here's the official announcement:

Nintendo is partnering with Mojang and Microsoft to bring the imaginative worlds of the Super Mario series and Minecraft together. For the first time ever, players will be able to fend off blocky Hammer Bros. and Dry Bones the same way they do Creepers and Zombies.

This Super Mario Mash-Up Pack update includes Mario-themed skins, music, item textures, and inspired by Super Mario series games, such as Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.

The digital version of the game will get the free Mario Mash-Up Pack update on May 17. The retail version lands June 17, priced at $29.99, and with the Super Mario Mash-up Pack included in the disc.

:arrow: SOURCE

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old laptop that I installed Puppy Linux onto (900MHz Single Core CPU, 128MB RAM)
and I can get Minecraft to run at 25~FPS

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
This is super cool. Don't own a WiiU though so I Hope someone manage to port this to other platforms. I am sure my son would love to play this on PS3, his Android phone/tablet and PC.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Content packs, yay! Locked to a single console, nay!

While I've yet to actually get into Minecraft, I see this trend odd due to the nature of the game. Wasn't/Isn't Minecraft all about open options and all the same-ish stuff available for all? :unsure:

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why are so many people surprised by this?
Seriously, it's not like each console version of Minecraft got their own exclusive mash up packs.
Xbox got a Halo pack
Playstation got a Little Big Planet pack
Nintendo got a Mario pack
It was to be expected to come out sooner or later.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Incoming port/recreation of skins to PC and phones in 3... 2.... 1...

Seriously though, this is a bit too little too late. If Nintendo had gotten minecraft and something like this earlier in the Wii U's life it could have definitely attracted more sales, at least software wise for this.

Reactions: solsolis

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Incoming port/recreation of skins to PC and phones in 3... 2.... 1...

Seriously though, this is a bit too little too late. If Nintendo had gotten minecraft and something like this earlier in the Wii U's life it could have definitely attracted more sales, at least software wise for this.

I don't expect that they're expecting to make any money from a free update.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are so many people surprised by this?
Seriously, it's not like each console version of Minecraft got their own exclusive mash up packs.
Xbox got a Halo pack
Playstation got a Little Big Planet pack
Nintendo got a Mario pack
It was to be expected to come out sooner or later.

Because not everyone has played and/or kept up on the minecraft news. Seriously when did PS get a LBP pack? This is news to me. So yeah, most people should be surprised. minecraft isn't that much of a game. It is more or less a bad lego rip-off like megablocks, only digital.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't expect that they're expecting to make any money from a free update.

Perhaps not directly but the added 'content' + publicity will add to minecraft sales on wii U I imagine. Dunno how much since I'd imagine anyone who wants minecraft at this point already owns it on something.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding me? Even playstation1 can support this!!!!
That's not true, alot of basic home pc's can't handle it at full speed. Do you have any idea how many vertices have to be mapped and rendered at any given time? Its a game of cubes. So it's alot.

Reactions: zoogie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps