ROM Hack Super Mario Land 2 DX

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm looking for help to get this game to work on my GBA. I found the correct 1.0 UE rom by confirming the MD5/SHA-1 (from the 7z pack with several versions all in one archive). I am patching with the 1.5.1 ips and changing the filetype to gbc. Copying this to my EZFlash IV & new EZFlash Omega on my GBA & GBASP, I get a few initial solid white full screens at the start of the game load and then dark screen. I can still access my EZFlash Omega hotkeys to reset. I've also tried the Ultimate GBC to 3DS injector and made the cia. But on my o3DS I get a solid white game screen with no GBC frame.

The patched GBC rom starts and plays on my RPi3 running ReCalBox. This tells me that the rom and the patch is working.

Last edited by blunty,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm looking for help to get this game to work on my GBA. I found the correct 1.0 UE rom by confirming the MD5/SHA-1 (from the 7z pack with several versions all in one archive). I am patching with the 1.5.1 ips and changing the filetype to gbc. Copying this to my EZFlash IV & new EZFlash Omega on my GBA & GBASP, I get a few initial solid white full screens at the start of the game load and then dark screen. I can still access my EZFlash Omega hotkeys to reset. I've also tried the Ultimate GBC to 3DS injector and made the cia. But on my o3DS I get a solid white game screen with no GBC frame.

The patched GBC rom starts and plays on my RPi3 running ReCalBox. This tells me that the rom and the patch is working.
What happens when you play the patched rom with mGBA, no$gba, or some other GBA emulator on desktop? Does it work in those cases? Could be a bad patching.

Edit - You should be getting a CRC-32 hash of 9925D2A1 after patching with v1.5.1 patch using lunar IPS.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toruzz just updated to patch v1.6 I think to address some of the issues with 1.5+ crashing on certain emulators. So I will test the new patch when it's available for download.

What happens when you play the patched rom with mGBA, no$gba, or some other GBA emulator on desktop? Does it work in those cases? Could be a bad patching.

Edit - You should be getting a CRC-32 hash of 9925D2A1 after patching with v1.5.1 patch using lunar IPS.

Last edited by blunty,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh Yea I recall my PS3 can do that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Modded ofc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Speaking of my PS3 i havent downloaded any games yet bc my wifi is too slow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and also because blackouts here are very common and that could damage the console
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    Do you have a surge protector or an UPS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert **** here
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What a tiny memory card
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rumble packs are important
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's fully charged
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol