Hacking Super.Mario.Bros.Deluxe.EUR.VC.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad that u have no trouble after trimming the roms, but GW group suggested that we should not do that.

Funny.....do you do everything you are told to?

Trimmed ROMS work quite fine if you know what you are doing. The reason Gateway says (if they even do) DON'T USE TRIMMED ROMS....is because it presents one more potential problem for people successfully using their product.

If you only trim type 1 roms of the zeros and don't change their partition layout (by removing update data) then everything I have tried has worked. I have trimmed and mounted/launched more than 40 games including the CARD1 eShop dumps. Now could some of them crash at some point.....possibly but I have heavily played 4 of those games so far and had no issues. What would be really usefull is if we could get http://3ds.essh.co/ to add a column for trimmed and people could report working or not.

Ultimately trimming is a personal choice (lol) but no harm in trying and I have had a very successful Gateway experience since launch never having bricks, lockups, save corruption or anything. Trimming can save considerable space and with trimming I have managed to get 35 games on a 32GB exfat card. We just need a site that essentially reports the ROMS that fail mount/launch or crash when trimmed. I would be more than happy to report to a site like that as there are similar wikis for ps2/psp/wii/gc isos.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny.....do you do everything you are told to?

Trimmed ROMS work quite fine if you know what you are doing. The reason Gateway says (if they even do) DON'T USE TRIMMED ROMS....is because it presents one more potential problem for people successfully using their product.

If you only trim type 1 roms of the zeros and don't change their partition layout (by removing update data) then everything I have tried has worked. I have trimmed and mounted/launched more than 40 games including the CARD1 eShop dumps. Now could some of them crash at some point.....possibly but I have heavily played 4 of those games so far and had no issues. What would be really usefull is if we could get http://3ds.essh.co/ to add a column for trimmed and people could report working or not.

Ultimately trimming is a personal choice (lol) but no harm in trying and I have had a very successful Gateway experience since launch never having bricks, lockups, save corruption or anything. Trimming can save considerable space and with trimming I have managed to get 35 games on a 32GB exfat card. We just need a site that essentially reports the ROMS that fail mount/launch or crash when trimmed. I would be more than happy to report to a site like that as there are similar wikis for ps2/psp/wii/gc isos.

Well Download Play doesn't work for trimmed roms. That's about it I think.

johnnywalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Liberation.Maiden.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Bird.Mania.3D.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
eShop games - however they need to be patched
I'd love to play eshop platformers and Picrosses too.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Liberation.Maiden.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Bird.Mania.3D.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
eShop games - however they need to be patched
I'd love to play eshop platformers and Picrosses too.

Yeah I have just noticed these as well and it says about the others need patching with a tool I would imagine so either Gateway is going to release a tool to get them patched and working or someone else is! I bet on Gateway releasing an app soon. Also while they are at it I think they will release a tool also to patch roms so you can play them online! I dont know this for sure so dont quote me I am just guessing this will happen. Its quite obvious that the online roms need patching somehow to work without an error from Nintendo popping up or something along those lines, I think.

We commend flash cart makers on attempting to support eShop ROMs,
but the job is only half done.
Some eShop games need to be patched in order to work as a ROM.
Our last three eShop Releases fortunately didn't need patching,
however this one does.
Patch those NCSD/NCCH Sig Checks and load in your flashcarts.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I have just noticed these as well and it says about the others need patching with a tool I would imagine so either Gateway is going to release a tool to get them patched and working or someone else is! I bet on Gateway releasing an app soon. Also while they are at it I think they will release a tool also to patch roms so you can play them online! I dont know this for sure so dont quote me I am just guessing this will happen. Its quite obvious that the online roms need patching somehow to work without an error from Nintendo popping up or something along those lines, I think.

however this one does.
The flashcard companys won't patch the NCCH sig checks as far as I know because that would allow you to install appliactions in the Menu.

Reactions: cearp

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

however this one does.
Well I read it as, the eShop games are patched, as-in their signatures are now invalid. As a result flashcard makers need to do more work to allow those ROMs to work.

P.S. Why do you think GW is orchestrating the eShop dumps? The alternative, scene groups figuring it out themselves seems more likely.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I read it as, the eShop games are patched, as-in their signatures are now invalid. As a result flashcard makers need to do more work to allow those ROMs to work.

P.S. Why do you think GW is orchestrating the eShop dumps? The alternative, scene groups figuring it out themselves seems more likely.

From what I've observed so far, speculation isn't taken too kindly on GBAtemp as of late.

What we can know as of late is that BBB has a EUR 3DS console hence they are dumping EUR eshop games.

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

however this one does.
Do you ever run out of baseless and idiotic speculation and just generally rambling on about nonsense?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you ever run out of baseless and idiotic speculation and just generally rambling on about nonsense?

Yeah I love it, carn't get enough of just rambling nonsense! Don't be stupid I was just putting some sort of thought in my mind down for what I think what might happen, its just an idea I had, I'm not saying what I said was 100% true facts coming from actual sources!!! I did write down I think, I didn't say I know. They are two different meanings in the dictionary you know! Its called getting into the community spirit, have you ever heard of that or do you just jump on peoples backs asap when you here something you might not like???

Reactions: cearp

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I love it, carn't get enough of just rambling nonsense! Don't be stupid I was just putting some sort of thought in my mind down for what I think what might happen, its just an idea I had, I'm not saying what I said was 100% true facts coming from actual sources!!! I did write down I think, I didn't say I know. They are two different meanings in the dictionary you know! Its called getting into the community spirit, have you ever heard of that or do you just jump on peoples backs asap when you here something you might not like???

Dude. You should probably stop though. Speculations based on your own personal opinions tend to get misinterpreted wrongly and will derail the thread. Best stick to facts.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
This rom WORKS in Gateway but only UNTRIMMED. It is a shame it is not 3D though.
UPD: this statement is true for Super.Mario.Bros.Deluxe.EUR.VC.3DS.INTERNAL-BigBlueBox, but both “Liberation Maiden” and “Bird Mania 3D” don’t work. It says in the info that you should patch these ROMs. We don’t know how. Gateway team should figure it out.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wrong. Both “Liberation Maiden” and “Bird Mania 3D” don’t work. And it doesn’t matter if they are trimmed or not. It says in the info that you should patch these ROMs. We don’t know how. Gateway team should figure it out.
they were probably referring to mario deluxe

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This rom WORKS in Gateway but only UNTRIMMED. It is a shame it is not 3D though.
Not entirely true. There's a tool on this very forum that would allow you to patch that ROM but you have to use a different tool because of the changed offsets for the save and other data in these NAND based titles(Mario Deluxe is technically a CARD2/eShop hybrid).

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude. You should probably stop though. Speculations based on your own personal opinions tend to get misinterpreted wrongly and will derail the thread. Best stick to facts.
Hmmmm. Putting others down because they have differing opinions... where have I seen this before?

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.... just what i maybe thought?
maybe this isn't the case... but, so, it seems this is the 3rd thing from the eshop to be in .3ds format.
the other two were harmonoknight and ace attorney, gateway had to disable the signature check for these otherwise they would not play.

people said if gateway were to do that, disable signature checking, that they would be giving us more power than they want us to have.
i thought maybe gateway would only disable the signature check for those TWO games, i'm not sure if it is correct, but if they were to do so, we would not be able to load whatever we want via gateway, we would only still be able to load roms and the eshop titles that they LET us play.

and so i just tested super mario bros deluxe, in .3ds format, it shows up in the gateway game selector menu, but when i select it... nothing appears in the 3ds card icon on the menu...

maybe i did something wrong, maybe there is another reason, maybe whatever... but i think that gateway might be drm-ing us and only letting us play eshop games that they specially add to a white list...

-edit... lolllll they added eshop support in 2.1 public right?... i'm still using the private beta i think... haha, i'll update and see if this is still true... ha

haha, ok it works :) nice to know there isn't a whitelist :)
I do not understand. Since gateway allowed eshop titles to be played in 2.1, they opened the door to piracy? This is what it sounds like from everyone's takl about eshop titles being playable now i am very confused....
edit--
the only eshop title i have is pokemon x which is playable on 2.0, so im not sure what issue there is with eshop titles that everyone keeps talking about.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not understand. Since gateway allowed eshop titles to be played in 2.1, they opened the door to piracy? This is what it sounds like from everyone's takl about eshop titles being playable now i am very confused....
edit--
the only eshop title i have is pokemon x which is playable on 2.0, so im not sure what issue there is with eshop titles that everyone keeps talking about.
They're talking about eShop games which were repackaged in a .3ds file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here