Gaming Super Mario 64 DS Official Help Topic

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been stuck at 147 stars for a week now and I can't find the last three. I have all the level stars including 100 coins, so the remaining three are all castle stars. The problem is that there's no record of which ones you have gotten, so it's difficult to tell if I passed any obvious ones by or to determine where the remaining ones might be. I tried making a list of which ones I'm positive I've retrieved, but I'm falling about eight short of the 27, not counting the Toads.

Does anybody have a list of castle star locations? I'm not looking for a walkthrough necessarily since I happen to actually enjoy playing games as opposed to reading about them and letting somebody else tell me how to play. I just require some sort of general summary so I can figure out which ones I'm forgetting.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been stuck at 147 stars for a week now and I can't find the last three. I have all the level stars including 100 coins, so the remaining three are all castle stars. The problem is that there's no record of which ones you have gotten, so it's difficult to tell if I passed any obvious ones by or to determine where the remaining ones might be. I tried making a list of which ones I'm positive I've retrieved, but I'm falling about eight short of the 27, not counting the Toads.

Does anybody have a list of castle star locations? I'm not looking for a walkthrough necessarily since I happen to actually enjoy playing games as opposed to reading about them and letting somebody else tell me how to play. I just require some sort of general summary so I can figure out which ones I'm forgetting.
grog.gif
HORRAY! This thread is back!
grog.gif

First of all, thanks to Dark[Devil] for helping us out in this topic.
Second, a round of applause to dib for reviving this topic from it's silent grave.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot:
Castle Secret Stars
1. ? Switch (Collect 8 Red Coins)
2. The Secret Aquarium (Collect 8 Red Coins)
3. Bowser in the Dark World (Collect 8 Red Coins)
4. Bowser in the Dark World (Switch Star)
5. Sunshine Isles (Collect 5 Silver Stars)
6. Goomboss Battle (Collect 8 Red Coins)
7. Goomboss Battle (Switch Star)
8. The Secret of Battle Fort (collect 5 Silver Stars)
9. The Princess’s Secret Slide
10. The Princess’s Secret Slide (Under 21:00 Seconds)
11. Collect 8 Red Coins in the Courtyard (Kill the boos)
12. The Secret under the Moat (Collect 8 Red Coins)
13. The Secret under the Moat (Switch Star)
14. Behind the Waterfall (Collect 8 Red Coins)
15. Behind the Waterfall (Hidden Star)
16. Bowser in the Fire Sea (Collect 8 Red Coins)
17. Bowser in the Fire Sea (Switch Star)
18. Catch the 8 glowing Rabbits
19. Enter the Room behind the Mirror
20. Chief Chilly Challenge (Collect 8 Red Coins)
21. Chief Chilly Challenge (Wario Brick)
22. Speak to Toad near Hazy Maze Cave level
23. Speak to Toad near Tall, Tall Mountain level
24. Speak to Toad near Tick Tock Clock level
25. Big Boo Battle (Collect 8 Red Coins)
26. Big Boo Battle (Hidden Star)
27. Over the Rainbow (Collect 8 Red Coins)
28. Over the Rainbow (Wario Brick)
29. Bowser in the Sky (Collect 8 Red Coins)
30. Bowser in the Sky (Switch Star)

Credits to Geisen on GameFAQs

If you need any more help on any of those stars, then feel free to ask.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Demonstar.

I finally reached the big 150. I missed the star in Over the Rainbow because I had assumed it was like the Aquarium or Battle Fort with only the eight red coins.

I also missed the star in Behind the Waterfall. I can't figure out how, because I had already found it and knew it was there, and I remember getting it. I must not have saved or something, because while trying to figure out which area was Behind the Waterfall, I decided to exit by getting that star again only to find out it wasn't darkened.

However, I completely missed the switch star under the moat. While checking to see if that area was indeed the right one, I suddenly got the idea to try flying with Mario and see what happens, and that's when I noticed the other platform.

Now my only question is--what is the difference between the two Super Mario slots? The Luigi minigame on top of the castle is the same exact thing as one I'd previously got. It's a shame there's no real incentive to ever collect 150, unless you're like me and just feel like having the game completed.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Demonstar.

I finally reached the big 150. I missed the star in Over the Rainbow because I had assumed it was like the Aquarium or Battle Fort with only the eight red coins.

I also missed the star in Behind the Waterfall. I can't figure out how, because I had already found it and knew it was there, and I remember getting it. I must not have saved or something, because while trying to figure out which area was Behind the Waterfall, I decided to exit by getting that star again only to find out it wasn't darkened.

However, I completely missed the switch star under the moat. While checking to see if that area was indeed the right one, I suddenly got the idea to try flying with Mario and see what happens, and that's when I noticed the other platform.

Now my only question is--what is the difference between the two Super Mario slots? The Luigi minigame on top of the castle is the same exact thing as one I'd previously got. It's a shame there's no real incentive to ever collect 150, unless you're like me and just feel like having the game completed.
Difference between the 2..... well the Super Mario Slot is a LOT easier than the regular Mario Slot.
Due to the fact that Stars are wild in Super Mario Slot.

Just compare the record high scores for the 2 games:

Luigi:
Memory Match: 306 [Jackleber]
Pair-a-Gone: 505 [Jackleber]
Picture Poker: 9999 coins, 305 stars [twitch77]
Mushroom Roulette: 559 [ReverendCurtis]
Mario Slot: 7084 [SuperMarioDude]
Lucky Stars: 737 [Icecube]
Pair-a-Gone And On: 1904 [WyteNight]
Memory Master: 255 [Icecube]
Super Mario Slot: 9999 [Icecube]

theymightbegiant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm at like 110 stars and I still haven't been able to figure out one on Cool Cool Mountain, where you have to collect the eight red coins. One of the coins is in an Iceblock and I can't figure out how to get it out.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm at like 110 stars and I still haven't been able to figure out one on Cool Cool Mountain, where you have to collect the eight red coins. One of the coins is in an Iceblock and I can't figure out how to get it out.
Use Yoshi, and lick one of the campfires, then go back there and shoot it at the iceblock to melt it.

Dark[Devil]

`^^`
Trophies
Website
www31.brinkster.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to find all 8 glowing rabbits which randomly appear in place of reg rabbits. I haven't gotten them all yet, I have 3 left, I heard it was just a room with a star in it which SUCKS considering it takes alot of time to get those rabbits.
mad.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*** SPOILER****

A star is in the last door.
You can have it after catching the 8 glowings rabbits (wich are randomly placed where the normal rabbits are)

edit: opss, posted at the same time...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Dark[Devil) said:
,Dec 19 2004, 02:25 PM] Whats in the room though? Is it an actual detailed room or just white with a star like the secret star in the mirror on the second floor?
You walk in, then you hear Ghosts laughing and you come out with a star.
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol