Super Glue and O3DS = not good idea :(

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Soaron123, Oct 11, 2017 at 12:39 PM.

1. Soaron123
    OP

Soaron123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2016
    Hi Guys,

I hope this is the right spot. I went to super glue the rubber part of the joystick back on to the joystick and the glue spurted everywhere. Its stuck in the joystick part and the d-pad part and has made them stiff. Any ideas or suggestions on how to remedy this? I was thinking of opening the system and cleaning it, but I've never done it before and I'm scared that I might break things doing so :(. Thanks in advance.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
  3. Soaron123
    OP

Soaron123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2016
    cheers, that site looks very helpful. Just wondering, does removing the battery cause any problems? I am on A9LH 11.4.

4. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    When the Glue is not hard you can remove it with Alcohol. But when it is hard the easiest way is carefully peel it of... (if a spot is to big you could try to break it).

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    nope, you will probably just lose the clock settings, other than that it doesn't brick or something if that's what ya thinking

6. Soaron123
    OP

Soaron123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2016
    I will go buy some methylated spirits and small screw driver and get this done. Thank you all :D

7. ThoD

ThoD GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    I used superglue for mine on a 2DS long ago, spilled just a tiny bit on the rim (didn't go in under the analog), but now the rubber has actually started to come apart in bits and pieces, so I highly suggest you just use a tiny (really tiny) amount of silicone instead (like with the silicone pistol or something, just a small ball at the size of a BB) and put the rubber back on really fast before it gets hard and push firmly. About cleaning the glue, either get a solution for glues (stuff that turns hardened glue back to liquid) or clean alcohol.