ROM Hack Suikoden Tierkreis Undub Infos here

exzeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i did AshenPhoenix's method.
Used his font.is there noway to fix the difference of font for the hero's name?

Can i use gukid's font for this method as well?

Edit:oops.apparently i've used gukid's font accidentally thats why the hero's name is out of prortion to the rest of the texts.AshenPhoenix font works.

Lee-On

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going crazy to make the undub work and I feel kinda stupid xD
This time I followed the istructions one by one from the beginning... and I still get the same "no voices at all" file T-T

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AshenPhoenix said:
I'm playing with English text in the Jap version and will be in Magedom soon, haven't had any problem so far. (Had to start over when I switched to the Jap version
frown.gif
) Battle voices, script voices and english text works so far.

Note: Not really a spoiler, I just put it in here to save space
If anyone else is thinking of trying it you may want to play with this font:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zdddmzd44tj

You'll know why if you try it without it.

And this is how I did it, maybe some unnecesary steps but since it has worked so far I've not tried changing it.

1. Unpack Eu and Jap version.

2. From the EU versions Data\Rom\ folder move over starname.bin, town_thumbnail.bin, wad.bin, misc.bin, slide.bin, face.bin, eye.bin, areatext_*your choice*.bin

3. From EU versions Data\Rom\Text\ move over gd_textres_*your choice*.txrc As well as the 01, 02, 03 files of the same language, and change the language extension to jpn. Ex. gd_textres_jpn.txrc.

4. From EU versions Data\Rom\Scenario\ move over sce_bustup.bin and sce_sbin_*your choice*.bin and rename the last one to sce_sbin_jpn.bin.

That's how I've done it, I expect most of the files in the first step are no different from the jap version and may be left out but since I haven't had any trouble so far I've not gone back to try without some of the files.

I would guess that you might be fine with only areatext_*.bin, gd_textres_*.bin, sce_bustup.bin and sce_sbin_*.bin.

This way everything is in english except the title screen so far (and voices of course
tongue.gif
). Good luck.

I followed this but am curious. The Data\Rom\areatext_*language*.bin, the instructions don't say to do this, but are we supposed to get rid of the '_*language*' bit and replace the equivalent areatext.bin in the Japanese ROM or not? The instructions don't say to do that, but it seems like the logical thing to do.

EDIT: There's got to be some way of translating the area text on the top screen. I would assume that the graphics such as the New Game and Load graphics and the location pictures on the top screen would be in some kind of resource file. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start looking?

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think you have to change areatext_*.bin to areatext.bin because in the european version, there is no areatext_jpn.bin so I think it's because the areatext.bin in the jap rom is the "areatext_jpn.bin" so you have to replace it.

I think I found where subtitles for movies are : when I replace only the files from rom/scenario, the game says "no data" instead of displaying subtitles. I don't know what to do for having subtitles but now we know which files are managing subtitles in videos
tongue.gif
. I continue to search.

EDIT:
For the title screen, I don't really know where it could be. It changes when you change the langage so I wanna think that it's in a *langage* file. But it's possible that they put all possible translation in the same file. So if it's the first solution, it should be easy to find the files but if it's the second one, you should compare the size of similar files until you find one which is bigger than the one on the european rom. I will perhaps see for that if I find a way to get working subtitles lol.

AshenPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Freudian Lemur: Your right, the areatext file should be renamed to the same name as the jap version had, otherwise any pointers to that file would end up pointing to nothing. My fault for skimming on the details there, sorry.

And getting the title screen to english seems kind of overboard for an undub. It's just the title screen and the WiFi settings screen that is in japanese, I think we can live with that
smile.gif

And yes, the WiFi works when following my instructions in an earlier post.

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@AshenPhoenix
Don't you have any idea for my problem ? I'm not the only one who have this problem of subtitles. I guess the subtitle files are sce_sbin* files but when I replace them, it doesn't work. Or perhaps it's just for the first movie :s.

EDIT:
I perhaps found a way to create a complete translation (for the title screen too). I replace files that AshenPhoenix said but I didn't replace the langage suffix by "jpn". I replace the files that are on the root (at the same level than the rom/ directory) by the ones of the european rom. With this method, I have subtitles, japonese sounds and all texts in my langage but I can't say if there is voices in battles (I didn't start the game in fact so I have no save to test). If it doesn't work, it will probably mean that the problem of battle voices comes from these files.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@AshenPhoenix

I don't mind the title screen or the wifi settings bit being in Japanese, but I'd quite like to be able to read the location names on the top screen. I should also say, thank you for posting those undubbing instructions!

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Freudian Lemur
You just have to replace the areatxt.bin file by the areatxt*yourlangage*.bin file (rename it) for location names.

What I tried don't seem to work. I continue to search lol.

EDIT:
Is there any battle voices in the european version ?

AshenPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@djidane535: I've tried following my own directions for doing this with completely new unpacked roms and these instructions works for me, including getting subtitles to the movies and voices in battles and english text in the game. I really have no clue what's going wrong for you, but I would recommend starting over with newly unpacked roms and following my instructions again. And no, there is no voices during battles at all, that's the reason for using the jap version as base for the undub.

@Smartpal: Unfortunatly I don't have an AK2 to try it on and neither the technical knowledge needed to know/explain why it didn't work ^^ Do other modified roms work? Does it work in no$gba?

@Freudian Lemur: I'm looking at my DS now and I have english names for area names on the top screen...

Okey, I'm gonna try following my instructions one more time to see if I say anything wrong there. Be right back with the results.

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@AshenPhoenix

On this video, I don't hear any battle voices
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/gensousuiko...s/video/6205441

I don't really know when it's normal to hear voices in battle (because I didn't start the game
tongue.gif
). If it's normal, I perhaps have battle voices but when are we supposed to hear them ?

Or is it possible that european versions haven't any voices during battle ?

AshenPhoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@djidane535: My instructions is for using the Jap version with EU version Text files in order to get battle voices, because the Eu version doesn't have battle voices. I think this whole thread is starting to get misleading because there are two different ways of undubbing described in here. So yes, you are right, the european version does not have any battle voices even if you move over the jap sounds to it.

I've also just followed my own instructions again and it works as it should. But as stated my instruction is for playing the Jap rom with Eng texts, in other words, you move stuff FROM the ENG rom TO the JAP rom. Remember as well that saves between jap and eu are incompatible, so if you've been playing you would have to start over if you decide to use the JAP rom as base for the undub.

achan29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@AshenPhoenix
you just forgot to say move areatxt_eng.bin from EU rom and rename it to areatxt.bin replacing the one in JP rom
I did that and now the location name is in English
thank you for the undub instructions

So anyone confirm that the desync problem is fixed (or roughly fixed w/ duplicated sounds or silence)?

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
achan29 said:
@AshenPhoenix
you just forgot to say move areatxt_eng.bin from EU rom and rename it to areatxt.bin replacing the one in JP rom
I did that and now the location name is in English
thank you for the undub instructions

I can confirm this. I have English area names now. When I was following the instructions, I did two builds one following word for word and one renaming which I thought was the logical thing to do. I got mixed up as to which one I was running. ._. Thanks again AshenPhoenix!

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok I will try again. Can you just test if you have subtitles for the first movie ? I know that you can easily see again movies in the game. Perhaps the problem occurs for the first movie only :s.

Rigle

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
djidane535 said:
Ok I will try again. Can you just test if you have subtitles for the first movie ? I know that you can easily see again movies in the game. Perhaps the problem occurs for the first movie only :s.

I have the same problem, I can't see the subtitles in the first movie :S

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have never had problems with subtitles, they all work fine for me. Are you translating the Japanese ROM into English or another language? I've done it into English, perhaps AshenPhoenix's method only works for English?

djidane535

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I perhaps found something ^^. I tried to put english subtitles (sce_sbin* files) instead of french subtitles and it works ! But I forgot to put the correct file for audio sync so I gonna try with it. It's possible that only english subtitle works (even if it's weird lol
tongue.gif
).

EDIT: I confirm it doesn't work with the french files. I think that's because files are different. In the first movie, you have 1 more dialog at the beginning. Perhaps the problem comes from that. Someone knows how I can see and modifiy the sce_sbin* binary file ? Perhaps it's easy.

EDIT2: Has Someone a Jap Sav ? It would be easier for me to make tests if I could have a save on which I could make battles in order to test battles voices ^^.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂