cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pretty much what the title says. Some people are already trying to post new bits of info in existing threads, I think because at this point it's all one connected rolling story of the same old shit and pretty soon I can see the USN having nothing but LulzSec copycat/fake threads filling up the first two pages every day. The sticky could encourage people to keep it in one place and then if anything major and/or unique comes up it can be transferred into it's own thread as and when it's seen fit.

Just an idea.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would stagnate discussion of new developments in the story, but it could actually be a good thing.
On the other hand it could make needless busywork of locking up threads made outside the sticky.

I'm against it since one half of the news is lulzsec, the other half is who was affected.
It's suggesting that news of a company's hacking should be moved to a dedicated section because of the perpetrator, which sounds off.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say yes and no. On the one hand we have a staffer saying yes. (One of the most dedicated mag staff at any rate) On the other, I also agree with RupeeClock. It may increase the workload with no end in sight. I'm in between myself, but if there are staff that are willing to do it, then I say yes.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vote yes. I'm a bit sick of going to the news section, wanting to see some gamer news and seeing the word LulzSec everywhere. If it was stickied, that would be quite helpful.
For the ones that turns out fake, staff could just delete the post or posters can see that it's fake and no need to repost it should the first post of the fake get deleted.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually RupeeClock, you make a good point I didn't think of, especially on the extra workload on the staff involved. Not just locking threads but thinking about it I guess it's totally unfair to expect anyone to want to be the one deciding what can have it's own thread or not. I can just see a serious shitstorm of total BS and FUD stuff coming out over the next couple of weeks.

Really sorry, bad idea is bad and badly thought out.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i've got a better idea: bann ALL lulzsec threads from here on!
except the thread when their finally caught and thrown in jail
tongue.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless its important (leaked passwords list or if when they are arrested) then theres no reason for thread, much less a whole section
we dont need 50 threads about random ddos sites that they took down for an hour

a single thread would be a better idea

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
unless its important (leaked passwords list or if when they are arrested) then theres no reason for thread, much less a whole section
we dont need 50 threads about random ddos sites that they took down for an hour

a single thread would be a better idea

I completely agree with you, quite logical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: