Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sturmwind-2-600x441.png
~Release Delayed, TBA~
~For the Sega Dreamcast~

Update as of December 19, 2011

In spite of best planing, the release of Sturmwind has to be postponed: Our long-term CD-ROM manufacturer surprisingly had to declare bankruptcy after 19 years in business. From 40 employees only a few remained. Therefore this resulted in the situation that the scheduled delivery date for Sturmwind could not be met in the end.

The only possibility has been to relocate the production – to avoid further delays of the bankrupt facility. Nevertheless items like the spaceship models have been completely manufactured already. Our new partner is one of the largest videogame CD / DVD press plants in Europe with over 50 years of experience in medium production. In the meanwhile we already placed our production order for Sturmwind.

The release date is set to TBA (“to be announced”) consequently.

Details are currently clarified between redspotgames, Duranik and the new facility. Also we are arranging material for another announcement with more exact information within December, which will be after Christmas however. All orders in the redspotgames online shop will remain valid.

The upcoming release of Sturmwind for Dreamcast has seen a lot of attention lately. Beside the main announcement on the computer show „neues“ on the German TV station, 3sat, there was also another segment on the show „on3-südwild“. In which they showed further unseen game play. In the mean time the Sturmwind discussions online are increasing.

No wonder so many fans got in contact with redspotgames and Duranik. This has been a reason for the current „fan“ beta tests. One of the most desired has been a collectors version of Sturmwind. With this realization redspotgames has spent the past few months working on just that.

Content with the result both redspotgames and Duranik are announcing a Limited Edition of Sturmwind for Dreamcast today. It bears the name „Windstärke 12“ („storm force 12“) and consists of following:

* Sturmwind Game
* Sturmwind Soundtrack: “The Final Score”
* Full Color Sturmwind 3D Printed Model 1:72
* Full Color Tactical Guide Booklet

All of that comes packaged in a special magnet box. „The Final Score“ contains both unused music and remixes of the original Sturmwind soundtrack. The „Tactical Guide“ shows the best strategies to beat the enemies in the game, full color and illustrated. The spaceship model is also in full color and 1:72 scale.

The Sturmwind Limited Edition „Windstärke 12“ is only available in a limited quantity. There will be no reproduction. Mass orders are prohibited. When its gone, it‘s gone!

It’s price will be 69,95 EUR (~ US $96.60 / ~ £60.50 GBP) and therefore is much cheaper and more affordable as similar collectors editions. It can be ordered directly at www.redspotgames.com/shop – shipping worldwide.

Due to this announcement and the rich feedback of our beta testers the release has been pushed back to 22-12-11 "TBA". This concerns both the standard and Limited Edition.

Pre-Order Information: If you have already made a pre-order, you will receive your copy when the game ships. If you wish to change your order and get the Limited Edition instead do the following:

* Perform a new order for the Limited Edition – a payment is possible but not required
* Cancel your old order: Send both the old and the new order numbers in an email to the redspotgames online shop ([email protected])
* Total amount of the old order will be refunded (if available)

Packshots have been available on the redspotgames Flickr page a couple of hours before this official release. In future it might be interesting to become friends at those networks to be informed asap:

* redspotgames on Twitter: www.twitter.com/redspotgames
* redspotgames on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/redspotgames/210719714872
* redspotgames on Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/redspotgames
The Dreamcast is still alive, bringing you a fantastic space shooter in development! Developed by DURANIK, the same studio that brought you Solar Struggle for Xbox Live.​

Official Gameplay Trailer

Features
  • 16 levels
  • 3 selectable difficulty levels
  • configurable controls
  • adjustable screen position
  • varied choice of weapons
  • More than 20 large boss enemies
  • Hundreds of different enemies
  • FMV intro sequence
  • Hybrid 2d/3d game engine
  • Resolution of 640×480 pixels
  • PAL50, PAL60, NTSC and VGA (with Adapter) compatible
  • Region free
  • Works with any MIL-CD compatible Dreamcast
  • CDDA Sound
  • Supports: Gamepad, Arcade Stick (Analog/Digital), VMU, Rumble Pack (configurable)
  • Internet WEBcode Hiscore Tables
  • Award Trophy System with unlockable content
Just a heads up that the Dreamcast is still alive with this great upcoming title! :grog:

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy it from RedSpotGame's online store.

HERE

It's set for Pre-Order, and I think you'll be charged on release date, it'll cost $46.00 USD, 35,49 EUR, 29.50 GBP, according to the site. I'm just as excited as everybody reading this as well!
smile.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man ... i wish to see a come back of Sega on the console market with a second hardware based on the Dreamcast. This console was so well made.
bow.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Mbmax said:
Man ... i wish to see a come back of Sega on the console market with a second hardware based on the Dreamcast. This console was so well made.
bow.gif

It was so good it died because of it..
Sega..

Hope this works with Chankast.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm not that much into shooters, but this one looks really great ! Maybe it's a good occasion to dust off my old Dreamcast
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had, or knew anyone with a Dreamcast....I didn't know it was capable of such spectacular graphics. That game looks totally badass! Are graphics of that caliber commonplace on the Dreamcast?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I never had, or knew anyone with a Dreamcast....I didn't know it was capable of such spectacular graphics. That game looks totally badass! Are graphics of that caliber commonplace on the Dreamcast?

The Dreamcast's graphics chip is just about 2x more powerful than the PS2, developers usually misinterpreted the capabilities of it. If it lasted much longer, who knows how much power would ooze out of that thing! Especially if the Dreamcast could hold 4.7GB DVDs instead of 1.2 GB GD-ROM Discs to hold more data.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Selim873 said:
The Dreamcast's graphics chip is just about 2x more powerful than the PS2, developers usually misinterpreted the capabilities of it. If it lasted much longer, who knows how much power would ooze out of that thing! Especially if the Dreamcast could hold 4.7GB DVDs instead of 1.2 GB GD-ROM Discs to hold more data.

Yeah the Dreamcast is a frigging beast indeed. Too abd Sony came along and quashed it
dry.gif
. I'm sure if it had lasted longer we would have seen some really nice looking games. I know the C was only around for two years so it was still quite new. Developers were still not used to the hardware. A lot of the games looked like arcade games in term of graphics but I still think the game couls have looked much better if the console had a longer life.

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Clydefrosch said:
i dont really get why anyone would pay 50$, not for a dreamcast game, but for a space shooter like that..
Dude.
I'll gladly pay 100$ for a really well-designed shoot em up.
I have an arcade machine and 2 shooter PCBs for it, they cost me around 300$ each.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jockel said:
Dude.
I'll gladly pay 100$ for a really well-designed shoot em up.
I have an arcade machine and 2 shooter PCBs for it, they cost me around 300$ each.

Guess it goes by tastes Id pay 50 bucks for an RPG but i woudnt pay more that 20 bucks for a action game like RE or GoW. Then again I woudnt pay more than a buck for a sports game so I guess its about what you prefer to play, doubt the console its made on matters like look at pier solar is still selling copies even tho is made for genesis (and id buy one if my tv would show my gensis lol all i get are black screens from it no mater what cart i put in) Im sure even a nes game would sell to the ppl who are fans of the specific genre.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Rayder said:
You should have seen Soul Calibur through a VGA box on a 100Hz TV. It was stunning and slick as duck shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1