Homebrew Stupid question: Is there an app to bring you to the regular Wii menu?

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a strange question in that it would be such a simple app, yet searching is finding nothing for me. I would like an app in the Homebrew Channel that simply loads up the Wii main menu (the Nintendo one with all the channels and such). The reason I ask for this is the only way I can get to it now is by holding reset to load the preloader. It would be really helpful to me if there as an app I could just click in HBC to load the Wii menu up for when I want to visit the Wii Shop and do other stuff.

Thanks to anyone who could help!

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laugh.gif
you tard

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the ass-holish replies.

When I hit home and then exit, it brings me right back to the Homebrew Channel. I set it this way in PreLoader so that when exiting a game it brings you to HBC rather than the Wii menu. A simple "no this type of small app does/does not exist" would be suffice.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hammyface said:
Thanks for all the ass-holish replies.

When I hit home and then exit, it brings me right back to the Homebrew Channel. I set it this way in PreLoader so that when exiting a game it brings you to HBC rather than the Wii menu. A simple "no this type of small app does/does not exist" would be suffice.

I don't think there is such an application. But it should be very much possible to create one.
Preloader just moves the system menu. So you would just have to load it at that new location. It's exactly what preloader does if you boot to the menu from it.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it brings you back to the HBC, then hit Home AGAIN and then choose Exit. It'll open a prompt asking to return to the system menu. If that doesn't work, then you may just be screwed until a Homebrew is made.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
First, you could have said from the beginning you have setup preloader this way, it would have avoid you all these "assholish" replies like you said...

Then, think about it a second, you can't have preloader patching the system menu so that HBC is always reloaded when the system menu is launched and in the mean time having an application lauching the system menu, this is paradoxal...

As said, the only way i seither to remove that patch (doing unpatching/patching from an application would be stupidly unsafe however) or to have application doing like preloader and lauching the moved system menu (this will obviously only work for Preloader user and we would have to know where the system menu has been relocated by preloader)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there is (i think) a simple solution. preloader contains an option, for what you exit to, as well as what autoboots. set HBC as autoboot and System Menu as the exit to setting. Then when you exit, you should go to System Menu. Haven't actually tried it as I dont have preloader, but i believe this should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Elon likes his x +1