Stuff you just don't get?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When someone asks for help, so you send them link for a guide, and they respond with "Can't you just tell me how to fix it." , like our generation expects to be spoon fed nowadays.
Then they add "nvm fixed it". If they don't know how to do it or can't be bothered, they should give it to someone who has more experience instead of being a lazy-ass.

I don't understand why I have an idea of working on something big, until somebody does it immediately before me. Y'know, DMCA takedowns should really protect them from this.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: zxr750j and BigOnYa

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
idk if anyone else said this, but anime and vocaloid
everytime my sister talks about spy x family or hatsune miku i just hear yapping
I've gotten too old for anime. Never watched a SINGLE episode from a series in over 5-6 years.

Reactions: Ligeia

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've gotten too old for anime. Never watched a SINGLE episode from a series in over 5-6 years.
I don’t get how someone can be “too old for anime.”

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t get how someone can be “too old for anime.”
My hobbies change a lot from time to time a lot. As a kid, you grow up to enjoy a lot of things, like going out to the park with your friends, riding a bike, watching anime, and much more. I did used to enjoy those until, over time, we detach from those we know and move on. They start a family, have jobs, and do a lot of other important things. You're never really too old for anime, you're right about that. But some don't enjoy it like they used to. I don't mind if you think that way; but just let me live my life and don't tell me how to live mine.

Okay, we're good. :D

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: zxr750j and BigOnYa

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My hobbies change a lot from time to time a lot. As a kid, you grow up to enjoy a lot of things, like going out to the park with your friends, riding a bike, watching anime, and much more. I did used to enjoy those until, over time, we detach from those we know and move on. They start a family, have jobs, and do a lot of other important things. You're never really too old for anime, you're right about that. But some don't enjoy it like they used to. I don't mind if you think that way; but just let me live my life and don't tell me how to live mine.

Okay, we're good. :D
So the reason why I never age is because anime and no kids? Today is a good day for Catboy

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the reason why I never age is because anime and no kids?
No, that's not what I meant. I mean relationships with people tend to change overtime, you have different hobbies compared to what you used to enjoy before you get bored of it.

Reactions: BigOnYa

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, that's not what I meant. I mean relationships with people tend to change overtime, you have different hobbies compared to what you used to enjoy before you get bored of it.
Yup and my wife is also quite young in her appearance as well, thanks to Anime and no kids!

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to Anime and no kids!
Kids are an absolute nightmare to deal with. They are noisy, they screech, they like watching Cocomelon like its their homework. I want to enjoy the best aspects of my life to the extent before its over, without anyone invading my space.

Yup and my wife is also quite young in her appearance as well
Pleased to hear that you two are getting on well in your relationship.

Reactions: BigOnYa

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Kids are an absolute nightmare to deal with. They are noisy, they screech, they like watching Cocomelon like its their homework. I want to enjoy the best aspects of my life to the extent before its over, without anyone invading my space.

Pleased to hear that you two are getting on well in your relationship.
I was born unable to have kids so I never had to worry about them, even when I was worrying having them!

Am still happily married ^-^ now playing Palworld together!

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Children. I don't know if I'll ever understand the appeal. Practically speaking, they're noisy, incredibly expensive, difficult to manage, and stressful. Hell, I can barely tolerate myself!
2. Intertwined church and state. Not everyone is religious, and not everyone wants religion in their life.
3. RTS/heavily strategized games like Mass Effect, along with most simulation games.
4. Mobile gaming
5. Neurotypicals, sadly. It must be nice not to have to worry about stims or how you're perceived.
6. Hatred/labeling of groups of people based on beliefs, religion, political views, generation, etc. It's so obnoxious and counterproductive.
7. Not having a plan in life, and being fine with that.
8. The appeal of pop music.
9. Anime
10. Social media. I have none whatsoever and don't understand the appeal.
11. Most bassoon players
12. Sports, watching sports, sports hype, getting angry against opposing sports fans, etc etc etc
And many more, but those are the first things that come to mind.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I was visiting someone in prison and saw some of these contemporary dancers dancing/prancing about with no music (doing a show for the prisoners), to me they looked ridiculous and I imagined that it must be mental to be a deaf person. Anyway this guy which was the leader of the dance troupe asked me what I thought about it and I told him I didn't get it and that they all looked a bit mental. I don't think he was chuffed with my review, however honesty is the best policy. Another thing I just don't get is these drama students that wave their arms about in the air while going "swish, swish" and pretending to be a tree or something. Also those fantasy computer games that are card based/turn based - how boring are they, I mean I just don't get wha the point of them is.

What stuff do you not get and find weird that other people like?
People.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those guys on YT with white gloves and put the mic really close to the packaging... It's just weird and I don't like it.

Such as this guy:

He has that knife and wears white gloves? Jeez, I wonder what he does off camera. lol

And he has over 9 million subscribers... People really like that shit, huh.

Reactions: Ligeia and BigOnYa

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those guys on YT with white gloves and put the mic really close to the packaging... It's just weird and I don't like it.

Such as this guy:

He has that knife and wears white gloves? Jeez, I wonder what he does off camera. lol

And he has over 9 million subscribers... People really like that shit, huh.

He first rose to fame by playing Call of Duty: Zombies, which rocketed him to popularity. Now he just does unboxings which is very disappointing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?