No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaz_abdin said:
He dropped the iResign

That made me laugh so hard!!

back on topic, maybe they will start employing more people in State side, instead of at Foxconn? Just a thought.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
maybe apple will stop suing everyone now
smileipb2.png

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jobs, 56, who resigned today as Apple CEO, in January took his third medical leave since being diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumor. He has undergone a variety of treatments since 2003, including a liver transplant in 2009.

Pancreatic cancers are generally some of the most lethal of all tumors, and the most common type often kills within six months. Jobs has battled a less common variety that grows far more slowly and develops in the hormone-secreting section of the pancreas.
Although Jobs was diagnosed in 2003, his illness was not disclosed until the following year, after he'd had surgery.

The fiercely private Jobs has said relatively little about his health problems, although he did acknowledge his bout with cancer during a commencement speech at Stanford University. "No one wants to die," he said. "And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it."

Many people wondered about Job's health after noticing that he had lost a great deal of weight.

Neuroendocrine tumors can cause weight loss in several ways, experts say, such as by interfering with digestion. Among other important jobs, the pancreas makes enzymes that help digest food. Pancreatic cancer also can spread to the liver.

While liver transplants can be life-saving, they aren't always successful. That's because the original tumor can spread to the new liver. Or, treatment for the main cancer can damage the liver. Immediately after surgery, the body also can reject the transplanted liver, experts say.

While all pancreatic cancers are serious, Jobs' type of tumor was much less lethal than most pancreatic cancers. Some people with neuroendocrine tumors survive for many years, experts say.

More than 43,000 Americans are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer each year and 36,800 die, according to the American Cancer Society.

Only about 200 to 1,000 of annual cases are neuroendocrine tumors, according to the National Cancer Institute.

Actor Patrick Swayze died of pancreatic cancer in 2009. Opera star Luciano Pavarotti died of the ailment in 2007. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg also has had pancreatic cancer.

Doctors don't know what causes most cases of pancreatic cancer, although heavy smoking increases the risk by two to three times, experts say. Diets filled with meat and fat also may contribute to the disease. Those at greater risk include men, African-Americans, people older than 50, diabetics and those with a family history of pancreatic cancer. Chronic inflammation of the pancreas and exposure to certain chemicals also can cause the disease.

Scientists are actively studying ways to find the disease earlier, when it might be more curable, by looking at families in which several people have developed the cancer. Researchers also are searching for genes that may be involved. In January, scientists at Johns Hopkins University announced that they had deciphered the genetic code, or genome, of neuroendocrine tumors, which they hope will lead to better treatments.

Source: http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/medica...ncer/50127460/1

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Living Shadow said:
Terminator02 said:
The Living Shadow said:
kaz_abdin said:
He dropped the iResign

That made me laugh so hard!!

back on topic, maybe they will start employing more people in State side, instead of at Foxconn? Just a thought.
chance of that happening, none

Never tell me the odds
ninja.gif
the odds of me doing that...

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok there are 3 possiblities.
1. Apple crashes and burns
2. Apple gets worse then it already is
3. iProducts actually become good

Hoping for 1, 3 would never happen and 2 is most likely...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
According to the letter, the plan is to make Tim Cook the new CEO. And apparently a few people think he sucks.
Let's see how this will play out.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Ok there are 3 possiblities.
1. Apple crashes and burns
2. Apple gets worse then it already is
3. iProducts actually become good

Hoping for 1, 3 would never happen and 2 is most likely...
Or the unseen 4th option: Apple continues as normal after a slight Stock drop.

Honestly, other than some slight effects on the stock price I don't see this making much difference to the company as a whole. This guy's been managing Apple during Jobs' long absences and doing fine. I can't see him shaking up the company a lot when its raking in the dough as it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also