Homebrew steelhax - A Steeldiver Subwars secondary entrypoint

Grokitach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any clear tutorial to install that hack on the SD card ? Where to put the payload ? How to name it ? Where to put the save file ? Thanks

"The save file just goes straight into the savegame"

I must admit that this doesn't have any meaning, any explanation on this ?

Last edited by Grokitach,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not really helping since infos there are outdated with the 11.2.

Using the new files and the readme, when I launch the steelhax installer, I got a yellow screen and that's it, just like if the payload was bugging. But I used the same payload for Smash-hax and it worked well.
Steel Diver: Sub Wars was added to the PASLR list on 11.2. The installer no longer works on stock 11.2.

Reactions: VegaRoXas

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to update the save file now. Just use a save manager for that or try the installer.
to be clear, do you mean the save file in steeldiver, should i update the steeldiver, to v.10, or whateve it is, and i can use steeldiver. so I use SVDT, to copy it from the root, to the sd card? and then update.

im getting alot of mixed answers, and very vague non-answers.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
to be clear, do you mean the save file in steeldiver, should i update the steeldiver, to v.10, or whateve it is, and i can use steeldiver. so I use SVDT, to copy it from the root, to the sd card? and then update.

im getting alot of mixed answers, and very vague non-answers.
You'll have to download the save files from the first post. Don't update steeldiver itself. You'll have to use a save manager such as JKSV / SVDT to then overwrite Steeldiver's "save" file with the downloaded one. After you have replaced the save file you'll want to create a "steelhax" folder on the root of your sd card. In there you'll want to put the code.bin file from the archive you have downloaded. After that you'll have to download the otherapp payload for your firmware version (11.1 since those payloads also work on 11.2) and put it as payload.bin into the steelhax folder. I don't know whether the new savefile works with 11.1 but I guess the game will crash. If it says something about corrupted savedata you'll want to retry the overwriting of the save file. If the game crashes / does not tell you something about corrupted savedata, you should be able to upgrade to 11.2 and be able to use it.

IronwallJackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to the dsiware downgrade from a 3ds running 11.2, but I keep getting "error code: 00000002 the title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported." It's a USA machine, by the by, and I'm following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade. I got as far as
  1. Copy the steelhax-installer folder from the steelhax zip to the /3ds/ folder on 3DS #1's SD card
  2. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  3. Ensure that Steel Diver: Sub Wars does not have any updates installed using System Settings:
    • Go to "Data Management", then "Nintendo 3DS", then "Downloadable Content"
    • Select Steel Diver: Sub Wars, then select "delete"
    • Exit the System Settings
  4. Launch Steel Diver: Sub Wars
    • Do not update the game
  5. Press (A) to continue, then create / select a Mii
  6. Exit the game
  7. Launch the homebrew launcher on 3DS #1
  8. Launch steelhax installer
then I hit the error code and came to a dead stop. Is there another step I'm missing? Should I use Hourglass to restore back to an old (9.2?) firmware, run it again, and THEN update?

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to the dsiware downgrade from a 3ds running 11.2, but I keep getting "error code: 00000002 the title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported." It's a USA machine, by the by, and I'm following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade. I got as far as
  1. Copy the steelhax-installer folder from the steelhax zip to the /3ds/ folder on 3DS #1's SD card
  2. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  3. Ensure that Steel Diver: Sub Wars does not have any updates installed using System Settings:
    • Go to "Data Management", then "Nintendo 3DS", then "Downloadable Content"
    • Select Steel Diver: Sub Wars, then select "delete"
    • Exit the System Settings
  4. Launch Steel Diver: Sub Wars
    • Do not update the game
  5. Press (A) to continue, then create / select a Mii
  6. Exit the game
  7. Launch the homebrew launcher on 3DS #1
  8. Launch steelhax installer
then I hit the error code and came to a dead stop. Is there another step I'm missing? Should I use Hourglass to restore back to an old (9.2?) firmware, run it again, and THEN update?
Steelhax is only installable in 11.1 and under right now. If you'd want to install it on 11.2 smea would have to upload his payloads.

IronwallJackson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Steelhax is only installable in 11.1 and under right now. If you'd want to install it on 11.2 smea would have to upload his payloads.
Ok, thanks for the answer, but do you know if I can do the other thing? If I install on 9.X, then update, will I have to do anything else to get steelhax running again? Or is this just not happening?

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, thanks for the answer, but do you know if I can do the other thing? If I install on 9.X, then update, will I have to do anything else to get steelhax running again? Or is this just not happening?
I guess it should be working. As long as you still have some backups you can't screw anything up

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that it works on 11.2.0-35U (NEW and OLD)

Normally install it and let it corrupt, don't set up a Mii and run the installer again, profit.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you OFW? I shoulda clarified that I used CFW, plus make sure you have the updated installer from the first post
The installer works on 11.2 if you are on a cfw. Most cfws nowadays replace "loader" which enables paslr on some titles normally.
How did you manage that? I moved the steelhax_installer folder, tried to run it in Homebrew and only got the 00000002 error.
You should be able to install it under 11.1 or 9.2 whatsoever.

Grokitach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The installer works on 11.2 if you are on a cfw. Most cfws nowadays replace "loader" which enables paslr on some titles normally.

You should be able to install it under 11.1 or 9.2 whatsoever.

So if we are on 11.2 without CFW, the only reliable way to hack a 3DS is smash hax as first entry point and then Pokemon Ruby / Saphir right ?

Actually smash hax is quite reliable... I made my own script and it works like a charm on 11.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.