Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh dang, I'm vacationing in Brazil, and I bought Double Agent and Battlefield 2.

I hope I can play them when I get back home.
frown.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Super Mario said:
Only good deals were GTA4 and Unreal Pack. I own 75 games on steam so pretty much own most of the good ones.
You know that's a lie right?
That there, is anopinion, and is therefore not a fact.
I thought that Mirror's Edge was a good deal.

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn they DO have some nice offers...
i've been abusing steam AND my wallet the past few days...
good thing i just got my pay hahaha
i hope they throw MW2 in the discount (yeah yeah sue me, i dont have MW2 yet
tongue.gif
) then i'll ABSOLUTELY get that
biggrin.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Super Mario said:
Only good deals were GTA4 and Unreal Pack. I own 75 games on steam so pretty much own most of the good ones.

Not true at all. There's some really good deals on some of the smaller titles. Torchlight is actually pretty decent. I am only kicking myself as I bought it a day earlier, and then today it gets reduced a small bit more. Oh well.

I'm tempted by the Star Wars Premier Pack. I have one or two of them already, so I'm not too sure.
unsure.gif

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After seeing some discounts on Steam, I thinking about buying Left 4 Dead 2 or Valve Complete Pack. http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/
I only have CS 1.6 and Condition Zero. I liked the L4D2 Demo, but 37.50 for the full game is too expensive, in my opinion. (Note: my GTA IV PC was 20 dollars from eBay, 9 months after the release though.) Of the Complete Pack, I am interested in L4D2, CS Source and maybe TF2.
What do you think, guys? Is L4D2 worth the price? Is the Complete Pack a better option?
Original post: http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&id=2710&p=3#23

Cablephish said:
EDIT: Also, I kept on searching for GTA IV, but I couldn't find it. I'm currently vacationing in Brazil right now, does the region matter?
Yes, I don't know why they block Brazil. When I open the link to GTA IV, this message appears: This item is currently unavailable in your region.
But I already have GTA IV, bought it on eBay some months ago, from an Indian. Even though the game is Indian and I am in Brazil, I can play it normally.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of annoyed, I bought Splinter Cell Double Agent, only to find out that it doesn't work on my laptop. It only costed me 5 dollars, but I want to play that game soo badly.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
After seeing some discounts on Steam, I thinking about buying Left 4 Dead 2 or Valve Complete Pack. http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/
I only have CS 1.6 and Condition Zero. I liked the L4D2 Demo, but 37.50 for the full game is too expensive, in my opinion. (Note: my GTA IV PC was 20 dollars from eBay, 9 months after the release though.) Of the Complete Pack, I am interested in L4D2, CS Source and maybe TF2.
What do you think, guys? Is L4D2 worth the price? Is the Complete Pack a better option?
Original post: http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&id=2710&p=3#23

Cablephish said:
EDIT: Also, I kept on searching for GTA IV, but I couldn't find it. I'm currently vacationing in Brazil right now, does the region matter?
Yes, I don't know why they block Brazil. When I open the link to GTA IV, this message appears: This item is currently unavailable in your region.
But I already have GTA IV, bought it on eBay some months ago, from an Indian. Even though the game is Indian and I am in Brazil, I can play it normally.

Due to regulations is probably why it's not sold there. Buying off of ebay means you are probably buying a version that wasn't meant for your region to begin with.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
SWEET! I decided to go to my local grocery store with my mom and brother, only to make a pit stop into Gamestop, luckily I brought my wallet! I went in to get a World of Warcraft card for my brother, I looked at the PC rack quickly and basically saw: expensive stuff, expensive stuff, Left 4 Dead 2, Random GameCube game, World of Warcraft cards (grabbed one), and some other crap. I'm waiting in line and receive a wet whilly. My brother stopped by Gamestop too.
dry.gif
I remember he just turned 19 so I do a double take on the PC rack (looking for M rated games that Gamestop won't cock block me on) this time seeing L4D2 is $20 off! I buy it, take it home, regester the retail version on steam, and wa-lah! $30 on Left 4 Dead 2. The only reason why I go to Gamestop!

That's my steam deal of the day!!!
tongue.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cablephish said:
Kind of annoyed, I bought Splinter Cell Double Agent, only to find out that it doesn't work on my laptop. It only costed me 5 dollars, but I want to play that game soo badly.
Cablephish said:
It only costed me 5 dollars
Cablephish said:
QUOTE(Cablephish @ Dec 26 2009, 06:40 PM)
costed

Trolling aside, this sale has made me love PC gaming so much.
So far I've only boughten Torchlight and DoD:S. I'm planning on buying a few more games like Trine and the UT Pack near the end of the sale, but I'm holding off on them just incase they drop in price.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'd say it's more fun when played with friends, and playing using mouse + keyboard is a horrible option in this game so you better have a controller if you get it. That being said, I really enjoyed playing this game on the PS3 with 2 of my friends.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
I just pirated Torchlight, no multiplayer kills it but its still fun :\
Torchlight has a huge modding community (from what I've heard), and I also heard that this modding community is almost done with a multiplayer add-on.

If anybody could find a source on this I would be very grateful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye