Gaming Others Starfield leaker arrested for allegedly stealing review copies and streaming gameplay

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Starfield-game-HD-scaled-2230044503.jpg

Roughly 40 minutes of gameplay for Bethesda's Starfield got leaked online, which resulted in Microsoft and Bethesda to respond quickly and take down any video uploads posted to YouTube amongst other social media platforms. The individual responsible for the leak, identified as Darin Harris, was found to be selling physical copies of Starfield for roughly around $200 using the online Japanese marketplace Mercadi. He then went onto TikTok to film himself, holding what appears to be packages awaiting to be shipped via FedEx to customers, as well as paying postage for the items.

Harris not only doxed himself throughout the whole operation, but authorities managed to arrest Harris and detain him at the Shelby County, Tennessee Sheriff’s Office, charging him with a felon of $2,500 – $10,000 worth of stolen goods.

Be aware that GBAtemp does not allow the sharing of copyrighted content.

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/25/starfield-leaker-arrested-for-selling-stolen-copies-and-streaming-it-19397532

Last edited by SylverReZ,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Leaking the game as in showing videos, pictures etc. isn't the issue. It was drug possession and stealing from his work and selling these games.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
drug possession
LMAO, apparently weed is still illegal in Tennessee even in the year of our lord 2023. They're missing out on those sweet Mary Jan taxes.

Also dude has been stealing stuff from his work place's warehouse for awhile. Not to mention he's a fraking idiot in general.

• Haha

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is all to common at this point. It is literally a trend online to break the law.
proof right there that each gen is getting dumber and dumber
You had teens on TikTok stealing road signs and soap dispensers of all sorts. Gen Z is the dumbest of the dumb.

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate how I'm apart of this generation, but thankfully I don't use Tiktok, or follow any of what those idiots are doing.
Me neither. TikTok has brainwashed an entire community to doing really dumb things, and that they're not realising the serious impact it can have on other people's lives.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Me neither. TikTok has brainwashed an entire community to doing really dumb things, and that they're not realising the serious impact it can have on other people's lives.

Yeah; don't forget ruining people's attention spans. Maybe that's why people don't watch long commentaries these days anymore... I watch them cause they're entertaining and they give more information about a topic that people would usually rush to know about. or something idk

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this must be chinas plan (they run TT) make everyone so stupid and than they will just walk in and invade with ease

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this must be chinas plan (they run TT) make everyone so stupid and than they will just walk in and invade with ease
China has always remained a communist country, they even serve the death sentence if they're following western media or K-POP.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so did he leak the actual game on the net if no what a loser that even worse doxing yourself and not even giving up the goods only videos again no sympathy anyways like i doubt it's playable on deck day 1 anyways so no loss for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o