Gaming Star Fox 64 3D Discussion

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cloudskipa said:
Starffox 64 3D is not a port, it is a remake with graphics built from the ground up. Even Nintendo describe it as a remake. It's obviously a bloody remake.

remake
n [?ri??me?k]
1. something that is made again, esp a new version of an old film
2. the act of making again or anew
vb [ri??me?k] -makes, -making, -made
(tr) to make again or anew

Why is that so difficult to accept?
Okay. We've already established that it is one. It's a pure remake, as sad as that is. Also, that's the answer to your question.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the market will be overflooded with this title and I'll be able to pick it up for less than half of msrp (because people generally find things to complain about everything so one can always pick something up practically new for cheap)
biggrin.gif

I've been purchasing all of my games preowned but sometimes a factory sealed one falls in there second hand.

I think what I want is starfox 3ds, kid icarus 3ds, and mario kart 3ds currently. there's a mario 3ds game coming out but sheesh I have a plethora of mario games on various consoles that I have not finished yet and most of them have 3D graphics.

Oh and I should find a deal on Dead or Alive Dimensions as well. That one is worth having.

Posts merged

fergieboy10 said:
btw you can buy 3ds games for like 34.50 at costco its a little bit cheaper than 40$ so it doesn't kill you to buy it.

I did not know that. Thanks for the tip. That'll be about 37.86 after tax for me. Still not bad.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
I'm sure the market will be overflooded with this title and I'll be able to pick it up for less than half of msrp (because people generally find things to complain about everything so one can always pick something up practically new for cheap)
biggrin.gif
Despite what I said I'll probably get it. I like graphically enhanced ports and I love Star Fox 64, so I'll probably love this.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
cloudskipa said:
Starffox 64 3D is not a port, it is a remake with graphics built from the ground up. Even Nintendo describe it as a remake. It's obviously a bloody remake.

remake
n [?ri??me?k]

Okay. We've already established that it is one. It's a pure remake, as sad as that is. Also, that's the answer to your question.

machomuu said:
QUOTE(amptor @ Aug 21 2011, 10:39 PM)
biggrin.gif
Despite what I said I'll probably get it. I like graphically enhanced ports and I love Star Fox 64, so I'll probably love this.
What does "graphically enhanced ports" got to do with Star Fox 64?
tpi.gif

Well I guess I get it, only after I get my other games.

Maybe it will be a Christmas gift game.
tpi.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
machomuu said:
cloudskipa said:

remake
n [?ri??me?k]

machomuu said:
QUOTE(amptor @ Aug 21 2011, 10:39 PM)
biggrin.gif
What does "graphically enhanced ports" got to do with Star Fox 64?
tpi.gif
It similar to one. I never said SF643D was a graphical port if that's what you're implying.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to grab a copy of dead or alive dimensions next especially after one poster above mentioned that games are $34.50 in costco. I may end up looking there if nothing pans out online
smile.gif

It would have been much more cool if Nintendo stuck with the $29.99 price point. I would have probably bought a lot more titles in that case but I'm happy there's a preowned market and capitalism wins as well.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
I'm going to grab a copy of dead or alive dimensions next especially after one poster above mentioned that games are $34.50 in costco. I may end up looking there if nothing pans out online
smile.gif

It would have been much more cool if Nintendo stuck with the $29.99 price point. I would have probably bought a lot more titles in that case but I'm happy there's a preowned market and capitalism wins as well.
I agree, I think these games should have been $30, I don't have that much money
dry.gif
It seems like you're getting the perfect "Bang for your Buck", though I could live with $20.

D

Deleted User

So, I don't plan on going back and reading all the posts, but let me clarify something.

Ports, Ports are when you take a game off its main system and bring it to another system, Only editing the game to adjust to new controls and graphic settings. IE Battlefield 3 is a port on consoles since its main is on PC, A link to the past GBA is a port for example as well.

Re-Releses, RR's are when old games come back but nothing as changed at all. ie . SNES games that come back on the wii's VC.

Remastered games are when you take a game, bring it to a new generation, touch up the graphics, while not changing the core of the game, but adding new features. OoT 3DS, Starfox 64 DS, Cave story 3ds etc.

Remakes, Remakes are when you take a game, Change its core a lot/engine, change anything about it, and bring it back. Counter Strike and Counter strike Source. Also think Super Mario 64 DS. Another good example is MGS Twin snakes,

Starfox 64 3DS is the same game from back in the day, With updated graphics and framerate and 3d effects, nothing more, its STILL the same nintendo 64 game, its a remastered game.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
amptor said:
smile.gif

It depends on the game for me. Ocarina of Time was well worth the $40.00 price tag for me. The content in that game is just mind blowing for me.

Star Fox is another game, I'd gladly pay the $40.00 for it just like I would with Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, and others. It's a perfect type of game for me where I can pick up and play through quickly and have a blast.

$40.00 isn't much anyways.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
amptor said:
smile.gif

It depends on the game for me. Ocarina of Time was well worth the $40.00 price tag for me. The content in that game is just mind blowing for me.

Star Fox is another game, I'd gladly pay the $40.00 for it just like I would with Mario, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, and others. It's a perfect type of game for me where I can pick up and play through quickly and have a blast.

For me it is. Of course, I don't have an income so it's to be expected.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
ShadowSoldier said:
amptor said:
smile.gif

I would have to concur. I think $39.99 is a bit much but $29.99 is the sweet spot on a handheld. But rather as time goes on, you'll be able to get a lot of preowned launch titles for as little as $10 and since it is in 3D, I'd say that any of them are well worth it. There's a lot of negative sayers about launch titles and whatnot but realistically I like this console so much that I would play any of the titles that are available on it. And yes that means I am also planning on acquiring Combat of the Giants: Dinosaurs 3D and I already have acquired, since a long time ago, Steel Diver. Also Pilotwings is a wonderful game on this system so that was a no brainer.

I have not paid $39.99 for a single game on this console yet, however. I find deals.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Buying. Star Fox 64 3D, being an arcade space shooter, is a great opportunity to deliver breathtaking 3D effects. Just imagine all these missiles flying towards you, explosions, small particles flying in the void... if only it is done right.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
amptor said:
machomuu said:
ShadowSoldier said:
amptor said:
smile.gif

I would have to concur. I think $39.99 is a bit much but $29.99 is the sweet spot on a handheld. But rather as time goes on, you'll be able to get a lot of preowned launch titles for as little as $10 and since it is in 3D, I'd say that any of them are well worth it. There's a lot of negative sayers about launch titles and whatnot but realistically I like this console so much that I would play any of the titles that are available on it. And yes that means I am also planning on acquiring Combat of the Giants: Dinosaurs 3D and I already have acquired, since a long time ago, Steel Diver. Also Pilotwings is a wonderful game on this system so that was a no brainer.

I have not paid $39.99 for a single game on this console yet, however. I find deals.
Wow, move to Australia, I pay roughly $50 per 3DS game, I'm lucky if I find a store selling games for $30-$40.

Anyway, this will be another game to buy once it's released.
I just checked the supposed release price for Australia, $69.99 and $99.99 in New Zealand...Surely it's incorrect, is there any confirmation on the official prices from Nintendo?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gifi4 said:
amptor said:
machomuu said:
ShadowSoldier said:
amptor said:
smile.gif

Wow, move to Australia, I pay roughly $50 per 3DS game, I'm lucky if I find a store selling games for $30-$40.

Anyway, this will be another game to buy once it's released.
I just checked the supposed release price for Australia, $69.99 and $99.99 in New Zealand...Surely it's incorrect, is there any confirmation on the official prices from Nintendo?

MSRP is what's given from Nintendo. Stores don't have to follow it and can sell at whatever price they want.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was totally going to get this.....untill i saw that it doesnt have online multiplayer... i dont know anyone in the real world besides the two asses at gamestop that own 3ds's maybe if they update it and give it online multiplayer i would buy this, but till then i will just have to remain completely let down by ninty.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, again no online multiplayer... Is this a trend? Someone tell Nintendo that we're living in 2011 and that this is a full-price game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually they say 400 years ago 1cm was pretty average so Juan wouldn't feel left out
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    oh my...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs officials are closed on juneteenth guess it's fairly new became federal in 21:rofl2:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I figured you'd be down at the parade anyways.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I still own slaves just ask ancientboi his nicknames mister slave
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Poor Lemmiwinks...
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    @BigOnYa Great episode, camp of tolerance
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thanks, we try to make every episode, special.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saw a $15 south park bundle box at Walmart kinda wish I bought it
    +2
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    I remember seeing the movie when I was young, made me swear up a storm when I got home. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm gonna buy it if I see it there tomorrow
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That beanie will look good on you, Kentman
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It would look better on urewife it would be like boning myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Started a new game last night called "The Quarry", pretty damn good. Feels/ looks like a movie. About a summer camp where local town folks go crazy and hunt down the campers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat it when it first came out good playback ability
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's crazy is I have 3tb in my SeriesX , and its almost full. Of course with some of these games being over 150gb each, it don't take long.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish gamepass sold 12 month cards (with a discount), instead of 3 month only.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, can i hug you again? I need comfort again
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay