Gaming Star Fox 2015 will have Traditional Controls too!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
OK that makes more sense.
I'm still looking for a good 3rd party wiiu pro controller as I don't like Nintendo's version
Might as well give up. The best currently available is from either Hori or PDP and most of them try to mimick the GameCube controller (whether that's good or bad is up to you). It's not like the Wii U Pro Controller is notorious for having bad ergonomics to warrant a 3rd party alternative... Likewise the Wii U just isn't there with the sales numbers or popularity to make 3rd parties interested in competing with official accessories.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well give up. The best currently available is from either Hori or PDP and most of them try to mimick the GameCube controller (whether that's good or bad is up to you). It's not like the Wii U Pro Controller is notorious for having bad ergonomics to warrant a 3rd party alternative... Likewise the Wii U just isn't there with the sales numbers or popularity to make 3rd parties interested in competing with official accessories.
Ehh the nyko pro commander looks superior to the Nintendo wiiupro and I like the fact it seems aloot of people prefer it to the wiiu pro because of the analogs and better triggers. Then I again I just hate the wiiu pro by Nintendo

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
When has Nintendo released a game with sucky controls? 3rd parties yes, Nintendo no. The motion controls work well, the gamepad works well. I don't even own a Pro controller and so far haven't been given a reason to buy one. I play Smash with the gamepad and it's never been uncomfortable or unresponsive.
I find the gamepad uncomfortable, so my opinion of it is different than yours.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ehh the nyko pro commander looks superior to the Nintendo wiiupro and I like the fact it seems aloot of people prefer it to the wiiu pro because of the analogs and better triggers. Then I again I just hate the wiiu pro by Nintendo
That's what I mostly meant with most 3rd party alternatives going for the GameCube styling. (Though admittedly the Nyko looks more like an Xbox controller.) I personally tried the Nyko and it feels good except for the D-pad. As I use the D-pad in many games (or exclusively, e.g. Tekken Tag Tournament 2), I just can't see myself going for the Nyko over the official one. :(

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I mostly meant with most 3rd party alternatives going for the GameCube styling. (Though admittedly the Nyko looks more like an Xbox controller.) I personally tried the Nyko and it feels good except for the D-pad. As I use the D-pad in many games (or exclusively, e.g. Tekken Tag Tournament 2), I just can't see myself going for the Nyko over the official one. :(
Well the 360 was based on the GameCube and is the same yet are different (nyko pro vs haori trigger is where its most notable) but I guess for me its just better but keeping in mind I grew up with the GameCube controller so I love the layout.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The Wii U isn't capable of recognising the difference between analogue and digital triggers so it's the same, however, with those controllers you get the false impression you're playing a game with analogue triggers.

Edit: Until you notice that the speed isn't controllable and so it goes full when pressed.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U isn't capable of recognising the difference between analogue and digital triggers so it's the same, however, with those controllers you get the false impression you're playing a game with analogue triggers.
Yeah but still the nyko pro seems way better than the wiiu pro in my tastes

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i won't touch nyko stuff ever again look at what happened with their gamepad battery. i also had a nyko wireless nunchuck for the wii it fucked up too.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the N64 controller is your preferred choice then I'd wager it'd take at least three Greys to please you. ;O;

#64shadesofterriblecontrollers ;O;
Funny thing is o was being sarcastic about liking the n64 controller although it could look like a toy with its bottom for a weird mom

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be cool to hold the gamepad up, aimed at the TV, and using it as a targeting system HUD for some levels. :D That would add a TON of depth to the gameplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-