spreading awareness

Arendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, again thanks for all the posts. Nice to know there are people out there awake enough to see Humankind to another turn the wrong way.

xanth said:
Arendo said:
However, in the world today we need a diploma to work, without a diploma, no work.

I used to think this, but I just graduated from college last year, and I can't find a job even with a bachelor's degree.

I'm starting to lose your argument though. Is this really you complaining about society or you complaining about stuff that's happened to you?

As stated, my complaining is because of stuff that happened to me, because I see stuff that are wrong with society ... It works together like that, I have personal/psychological 'problems' - although most of my shrinks said it's just my intelligence that's in my way, a couple of them wrote down autism as the roots of that 'intelligence', which would also explain a lot of other problems - that make it hard for me to live in a world so corrupted. And I've tried everything to change myself, to change the way I think, I act, but I just can't become a drone like so many others. I can't just do what society wants me to do and live a happy life, I seriously wish I could, I'm still trying with professional help. But a lot of them have already said: my problem can't be solved, so something has to change. Now I'm down to three choices: stay and live an unhappy life, start traveling the world and see where it takes me - help everywhere I can - or try to change the world.

I often philosophize with different people - for some reason, everywhere I go, people tend to talk to me openhearted and we'd end up talking about how fupped the world really is - and many of them say that I have some mayor points, good theories etc. Which they shared, which they knew more people knew. But each time I had to ask: if that's so, then why isn't anything changing? Why do people still do that kind of stuff?
A simple answer to that is: because although there are many people thinking the same thing, we're still relatively few and divided.

And, in account to UltraMagnus' post, I too do think direct global action is the best way to change the course of humankind. However, I know to realize a global movement, we need to know we're out there and organize. We need to work together for a change. One man can't change the world, but a billion should.

And for the person who said something about the Third World countries, those are a reason too that I can't live with the world. I mean, for example, our country GIVES our neighbouring country Germany our excess butter every so many years, because else it'll just rot away. However, the money that butter is worth alone, could easily save any one Third World country.
I have more of these theories, I think some of them could easily save global poverty, terrorism and almost everything that is unfair to the way the world is ruled at this point in time. However, none of them can be realized without the help of the entire world. And to realize this, we should organize and discuss all theories and activate so that the entire world will come to the same conclusion.
I've also lived together with a guy originally from South Africa, who used to philosophize with me. He told me about how corrupt power made people, how this showed in Africa. But he also told me about how many Africans revolved against the oppressing powers, fighting for their free life. And this makes me even think more like: we should do something! I mean, Africans have a really hard life compared to many of us here on the internet, but still they find the strength to mobilize and fight the ones that make it even harder. Why don't we join the fight and finally make life better for everyone, Third World or not!

And for those who are interested in all this philosophizing etc, check out my website!

Also, something I've been pointed to by someone who shares my ideas: http://www.vhemt.org/
Although that website's (a little) 'radical' when you first look at it - well, wasn't for me, but the guy from NBC news says so
tongue.gif
- it's an awesome philosophy, which I've been supporter of for my entire conscious life. When I was a little kid I already blamed my parents for having three children, while they could've easily saved 3 already existing children, instead of making new ones.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
UltraMagnus said:
so....... to summarise, the world isn't fair and apathy changes nothing.

I do agree, but the only thing that will ever change this is direct action on a large scale.
That's where/why raising the awareness of the general population helps.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
UltraMagnus said:
so....... to summarise, the world isn't fair and apathy changes nothing.

I do agree, but the only thing that will ever change this is direct action on a large scale.
That's where/why raising the awareness of the general population helps.

I guess so, but sometimes it seems that everyone (by that, i mean most sheeple) is so ignorant/apathetic that the task is insurmountable....
frown.gif

Arendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, the thing is, there isn't a groundbreaking message, this is all just a wake up call and a call to unite, to discuss the world's problems and try to change things.

if you see it all as personal trouble finding a place in the world, you're sooo totally wrong and probably one of the many sheeple we are trying to wake up and see what the world is doing to us.
If you don't think it's a big deal that the internet - which you are obviously quite fond of - will be taken away from all of us, because corporations want to make even more money - which they are allowed to do because of the whole 'free trade' documents, which is pretty neatly described @ whorulestheworld.org
Now, if you really are so blind to see that there aren't any conspiracy theory mentioned (at least not on the websites I posted), but just facts dumbed down for the common guy and opinions about all these facts, then I guess some of you are right: people already are too dumbed by society to even believe in any shit they're doing...

The website with the War-sim game, it's actually a strategy game, but still, is a personal website of mine, originally started with the same reason as Change Our World, but eventually used just for my personal fun. The bLog I started however, if you read the about page, isn't just a blog about my personal trouble, it's to be a blog for everyone with the same frustrations towards the world to discuss ideas and theories on how to change the world, or the system, or whatever.

And well, the human rights project is a start.
The net neutrality is something going on, something the corporations are already working on - if you checked out the documentary there you'd probably thinked again about saying you didn't get the message...
The whole 'conspiracy website' as said before, twice, it isn't a conspiracy, it's fupping FACTS!

But again, people nowadays are so dumbed down they wouldn't recognize the world being taken over - like Hitler did 70 years ago - while it happened right in front of them - again, like what happened to Germany at the start of the second world war.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never trust shrinks, they enjoy making money out of other people's miseries!(now that I mention it, it sounds like my kind of job!) Only you can truly understand yourself, never trust these strangers who claim to know who you are!

Also, I'm very well aware about how rotten this world is becoming, I'm just ignoring it because I'm getting sick of all the negativity.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Mei-o said:
Never trust shrinks, they enjoy making money out of other people's miseries!(now that I mention it, it sounds like my kind of job!) Only you can truly understand yourself, never trust these strangers who claim to know who you are!

Psychiatrists have the highest suicide rate amongst professionals, Im pretty sure from studying it that psychology is a fraud. Sigmund Freud and his sister, who developed modern psychology were highly dysfunctional individuals. Sigmund was a massive abuser of cocaine, a well known mind altering drug. His sister never married and died at an old age a virgin. She was instrumental in developing Freuds theories, and basically practised on some family friends children. The son of which ultimately committed suicide and the daughter turned to lesbianism. Of course this massive failure has been pretty much covered up by the Freuds and their disciples, they used to show off these kids as an example of the success of psychology as a medical science! Before one of them killed himself, and the other was driven to hate men.

So we have two socially damaged individuals, who couldnt form relationships, and whos first hand practice of their theories resulted in two children being destroyed as adults, trying to tell people whats wrong with their heads? And the people who practice psychology are the most suicidal and most self medicating individuals in the "medical" profession.

Its a fake pseudo science, people used to have a bad day and just get on with things, not pay some quack tons of money to dope them up!

yaypsp.gif

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Mei-o said:

Psychiatrists have the highest suicide rate amongst professionals, Im pretty sure from studying it that psychology is a fraud. Sigmund Freud and his sister, who developed modern psychology were highly dysfunctional individuals. Sigmund was a massive abuser of cocaine, a well known mind altering drug. His sister never married and died at an old age a virgin. She was instrumental in developing Freuds theories, and basically practised on some family friends children. The son of which ultimately committed suicide and the daughter turned to lesbianism. Of course this massive failure has been pretty much covered up by the Freuds and their disciples, they used to show off these kids as an example of the success of psychology as a medical science! Before one of them killed himself, and the other was driven to hate men.

So we have two socially damaged individuals, who couldnt form relationships, and whos first hand practice of their theories resulted in two children being destroyed as adults, trying to tell people whats wrong with their heads? And the people who practice psychology are the most suicidal and most self medicating individuals in the "medical" profession.

Its a fake pseudo science, people used to have a bad day and just get on with things, not pay some quack tons of money to dope them up!

yaypsp.gif
Yep, I know, it's one of the reasons I think it's a fraud! Also, his last name is Freud for a reason, you know? Oh-hohohohoho!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If a healthy, happy individual walked into a shrink's office and pretended to have a problem, I wonder if the shrink would be able to diagnose him as "normal." Or would the shrink just pick at that person's brain and find things "wrong" with him and make the person think he was crazy?

Hmmm...

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Mei-o said:

(I never thought i would find myself defending Freud, but here I go)

are you saying that because a daughter became a lesbian she was insane?

although he used cocaine, that was actually disturbingly common in the late Victorian period where he lived

his theories are far from perfect, that is a given these days, although more because of how people try to apply them today rather than him having something wrong with him. most of his clients, and the people that he made his theories from where women in the late Victorian period, who were often sexually repressed and had been abused as children. his theories work fine on very disturbed individuals, the problem is when people try to apply them to people that are only slightly "odd".

he also later admitted to being wrong on prescribing cocaine as a treatment for mental illness.

Arendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
exactly!

and also, hopefully to end the discussion about psychology, psychology is one of the newest sciences and is still being perfected every day.

as mentioned, I work with the mentally retarded, during my studies I also studied psychology and a lot of it is true. For instance, there are books about development psychology, from baby to teenager - and beyond - and although it all varies from person to person, every little thing from those books has been proven.
if we look at anything in the world, it used to be so dumb. just look at columbus, the first and only one who believed the world was round - although there were more people on the world that already knew this, columbus was the first western to prove this. thousands of people back in that time were dumbasses, that doesn't mean everything they did or thought of, or even proved, was wrong... same with Freud, he had some weird theories, but some of his theories are still useful. You just have to know when to use which theory - which is always the thing with psychology. Two depressed persons could both need entirely different methods of dealing with them, while the psychological problem is the same...

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Amazing, and just when my interest in coming to GBATemp was faltering this thread shows up
smile.gif

Alas, I have sad news for those that think there is 'something dire and secretly wrong with the planet', you're right, there is, it's infested with humans. We seriously need to ditch about 4 billions of the infernal wretches. That and turn off most of the damned machines.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Panzer Tacticer said:
Amazing, and just when my interest in coming to GBATemp was faltering this thread shows up
smile.gif

Alas, I have sad news for those that think there is 'something dire and secretly wrong with the planet', you're right, there is, it's infested with humans. We seriously need to ditch about 4 billions of the infernal wretches. That and turn off most of the damned machines.

Great idea! Come on, everyone! Grab your guns and lets go! Those 4 "billions" aren't going to kill themselves!

Although I think someone had this idea before... Hit.. Hit.. eh, its on the tip of my tongue! I can't remember his name! Guy with a little moustache, hated lots of people... German.. ah you guys know who I am talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!