Hacking Sports Resort PAL

voxware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that's what i've been hearing
just wondering if it's possible w/o them, guess not... oh well, cheaper to just burn a 2nd copy when ntsc comes out

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sekhu said:
i haven't done the alt dol trick before, so could someone explain it to me. From what I've read so far you extract a dol from the game (which dol?) and dump it to your sd card (where do you dump it? path I mean).

After I've done that, I run the game using gx loader with anti-002 fix, and alternate dol option (if it it's there) enabled. I watch the video, it then resets to the system menu.

I then run it via usb loader gx again, but just disable the alternate dol method and leave anti002 fix enabled and can play the game normally.

Is that the gist of it?

Thanks

that's exactly what I am wondering myself

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
sekhu said:
i haven't done the alt dol trick before, so could someone explain it to me. From what I've read so far you extract a dol from the game (which dol?) and dump it to your sd card (where do you dump it? path I mean).

After I've done that, I run the game using gx loader with anti-002 fix, and alternate dol option (if it it's there) enabled. I watch the video, it then resets to the system menu.

I then run it via usb loader gx again, but just disable the alternate dol method and leave anti002 fix enabled and can play the game normally.

Is that the gist of it?

Thanks
if youve already seen the video and reload without changing setting itll just repeat the videos but on the second time round you can pick what part to watch from the different steps

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
sekhu said:

Is that the gist of it?

Thanks

if your using GX heres what i posted a few posts back and worked first time with the new GX alt dol disk feature, no need extracting dols for any loader once done with GX

in usbloader gx set individual game setting to 002 error = on/not anti

alt-dol = on/disk and not sd, use auto then save

load the game watch the 3 min vid then reload back to the wii menu

load gx back up, enter game settings and turn alt dol off but keep 002 on then save and load wii sports

thats what i done and it load first time for the pal version

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
if your using GX heres what i posted a few posts back and worked first time with the new GX alt dol disk feature, no need extracting dols for any loader once done with GX

QUOTE said:

load gx back up, enter game settings and turn alt dol off but keep 002 on then save and load wii sports

hey thanks it worked as you outlined, except for one thing that you left out, in order to use auto, you have to enter the "DOL from disc" setting and press the A button then the yes button then the Auto 952 will be displayed and then follow the rest of the guideline that you posted, but it worked, so THANK YOU
smile.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do europenes hate us? the video mode shit is a bunch of bullshit... now i have to wait to the fucking 26 oh well it still gives me time to do other things...

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
DJPlace said:
why do europenes hate us? the video mode shit is a bunch of bullshit... now i have to wait to the fucking 26 oh well it still gives me time to do other things...
That was a pretty ignorant statement.
So you blame the Europeans for the Americans not adopting the superior PAL broadcast method when it was introduced after the advent of colour TVs? Or for that matter that US TV sets are seemingly not switchable between the broadcast methods unlike TVs for most other markets?

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ocdetective said:
Or for that matter that US TV sets are seemingly not switchable between the broadcast methods unlike TVs for most other markets?

think it's just people such as myself using inferior cables, it's been said that hdtvs are fully capable of switching. i've learned my lesson
smile.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
bnm81002 said:
sekhu said:

Is that the gist of it?

Thanks

QUOTE said:

Hi I'm still a bit stumped, call me stupid.

When I get to the part of

will it find the alt dol on the dvd automatically, or do I need to do something to the dvd in order for it to find the alt dol. or do i extract the player.dol and rename it then put it on the sd card, and still set the alt-dol to disk and not sd. this bit is confusing me.

thanks for your patience

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
morgan200 said:
ocdetective said:
Or for that matter that US TV sets are seemingly not switchable between the broadcast methods unlike TVs for most other markets?

think it's just people such as myself using inferior cables, it's been said that hdtvs are fully capable of switching. i've learned my lesson
smile.gif
Good point - I could not play Pikmin 2 on my NTSC Wii/4 Y.O. Plasma until I switched over to component cables. Before that the 480p option on my Wii was greyed out - once I connected the components cables it became selectable and voila Pikmin 2 worked no problem.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
will it find the alt dol on the dvd automatically, or do I need to do something to the dvd in order for it to find the alt dol. or do i extract the player.dol and rename it then put it on the sd card, and still set the alt-dol to disk and not sd. this bit is confusing me.

thanks for your patience

if you have an up to date GX it can boot an alt dol directly from the WBSF partition

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
in usbloader gx set individual game setting to 002 error = on/not anti, alt-dol = on/disk not sd but disk use auto then save , load the game watch the 3 min vid then reload back to the wii menu load gx backup entter game settings turn alt dol off then save, then load.

Thanks alot, this actually worked. Have a cookie.
cookieahw.jpg

m0nk3y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting a black and white screen.

I'm on 4.1US hardmodded with wiikey booting off disc. Yea I roll old school

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
black and white screen is most likely a cable problem...the game won't let you force the region so you have to use PAL TV mode which requires RGB component cables.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
morgan200 said:
black and white screen is most likely a cable problem...the game won't let you force the region so you have to use PAL TV mode which requires RGB component cables.

Sorry, that's wrong more than once. Black & white is a tv only problem, pal tvs display PAL&NTSC in color with both PAL&NTSC Wiis. Using a component cable might help on hdtvs, but hdtvs should be able to display pal with the crap cable in color. Also RGB cables are only required to get a better video quality on PAL, but not as good as the quality with component cables. And rgb cables are for sdtvs, component cables are for hdtvs.

stevey034

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help but i am trying with a disc and i used wiiscrubber and neogamma r6. I turned on alt dol after putting the file in my sd card and i also said yes to the 002 fix. I then loaded the dvd but it went straight to a movie menu with 5 movies on connect the motion plus and the nunchuk. You had a choice on which movies you could watch. I then clicked an option that said return to game and got a 002 error. I was using a motion plus mote but i didnt have the nunchuk connected. Does it have to be? Can someone please help me solve the problem. Thanks.

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stevey034 said:
thanks for the help but i am trying with a disc and i used wiiscrubber and neogamma r6. I turned on alt dol after putting the file in my sd card and i also said yes to the 002 fix. I then loaded the dvd but it went straight to a movie menu with 5 movies on connect the motion plus and the nunchuk. You had a choice on which movies you could watch. I then clicked an option that said return to game and got a 002 error. I was using a motion plus mote but i didnt have the nunchuk connected. Does it have to be? Can someone please help me solve the problem. Thanks.

After you view the videos reboot wii load neogamma up and turn alt.dol off and then play.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
stevey034 said:

Only patch games to use IOS249, if it's an IOS Reloading game. Wii Sports Resot, is NOT one of these.

stevey034

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
stevey034 said:

Only patch games to use IOS249, if it's an IOS Reloading game. Wii Sports Resot, is NOT one of these.
what exactly do you mean by that, so i should not have ran it through IOS Patcher or WiiUrV before burning it?

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Black & white is a tv only problem, pal tvs display PAL&NTSC in color with both PAL&NTSC Wiis. Using a component cable might help on hdtvs, but hdtvs should be able to display pal with the crap cable in color.

i am speaking from straight experience...game showed greenscreen/rolling black&white, switched to RGB problem was gone, so i'm not going to draw any further conclusion than that the cable not the television is the source of the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol