Hacking Sports Resort PAL

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked for me on loader gx no prob with alt dol to start and then off after for post video, disc default for video mode and 002 fix on...

Crazziee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah to load this game you need to leave the Video mode to PAL or Automatic, You will get a black screen if you select system default to NTSC.

So for those people with old TV sets that don't support PAL you are out of luck for now.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
on my 4.0 pal wii, with cioscorp v2 and cios rev13b, the game loads fine straight of the disc channel
tongue.gif

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
PAL wii, wiiscrubbed version, loaded in USB Loader GX with alt dol provided with the file, watched the video, turned off the alt dol (had 002 fix on all the time), works like a charm.

@Crazziee: Boo hoo that you have to wait for release date if your tv is bad. In Europe, we have to wait ages to get actual in store releases. Rock Band 2 isn't even out until late September here. It's been out since last year there. Some of your titles don't even MAKE it here (I had to buy a freeloader and pay extortionate prices to get Animal Crossing and Skies of Arcadia Legends on the gamecube back in the day). Then for once we get something before you, and in fact, before official release, and you're whining? Stfu, noone wants to hear it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Axelrose You read Crazzie post wrong, they weren't moaning just stating that some people will have to wait. Try reading things properly before you complain.

mahern4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Hadrigu1n seems a little cranky this morning. I've read ALL of the two threads pertaining to this topic and still have no luck. If someone knows a fix I'd love to hear it. It's too nice of a day to be complaining. Also, i'm not forcing NTSC, its set on default.

May God bless all of you

As previously stated:

When I use the alt.dol (and 002 error) with Usbloader GX I get the menu with all the video options....I painfully watch them all and choose 'return to game'. The system resets. I go back in GX and turn the alt.dol off and I get a black screen. If I leave the alt.dol on it just sends me back to the video menu which ends us eventually restarting the Wii. Strangely if I use Coverfloader I get a green screen instead of black.

I'm on a NTSC Wii 4.0U using newest version of GX. Game says it's scrubbed. Tried with both cios10 and 13b. I've searched with no luck

Any suggestions??? thanks

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alexrose said:
PAL wii, wiiscrubbed version, loaded in USB Loader GX with alt dol provided with the file, watched the video, turned off the alt dol (had 002 fix on all the time), works like a charm.

@Crazziee: Boo hoo that you have to wait for release date if your tv is bad. In Europe, we have to wait ages to get actual in store releases. Rock Band 2 isn't even out until late September here. It's been out since last year there. Some of your titles don't even MAKE it here (I had to buy a freeloader and pay extortionate prices to get Animal Crossing and Skies of Arcadia Legends on the gamecube back in the day). Then for once we get something before you, and in fact, before official release, and you're whining? Stfu, noone wants to hear it.

hey bud you wanna start runnin ppl down go do it somewhere else. i created this thread looking for people to help with the specific problem of region freezes. hopefully a new revision will bring about a fix but if not we'll just have to go back to the ntsc-jap version...seriously tho quit trollin around and read the actual thread topic.

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@mahern4 its a problem with the region forcing, the game doesn't like it. if you read around the more than just two threads talking about this you'll see it's more of a general thing, not a problem with wii sports resort. there currently is no fix for games that greenscreen when you force their region, we can only play the NTSC-JAP copy or wait til the 26th i believe when it lands here...

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I had problems loading WSR Pal using usb loader gx rev 584 with all video forced modes and using the SD alt dol method and 002 error fix.
I then updated usb loader gx to the latest rev 611, patched video to force pal60 and turned SD alt dol on for wii motion video then off after and 002 error fix on.
It now works flawless. My wii is 4.0U from usa, cios rev 13a, and my tv is a sony bravia xbr which will accept a pal signal so there was no problems.

Seems the problem for most ntsc u wiis is forcing pal video and not having a pal compatible tv

This is just my observation.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but ... if you have already played the NTSC-J version then you don't need to and of the alt-dol, loading off DVD first stuff. Just put the ISO onto your usbloader and it will work (provided your TV supports it of course)

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@donowprod :
QUOTE said:
My wii is 4.0U from usa, cios rev 13a, and my tv is a sony bravia xbr which will accept a pal signal so there was no problems.

Seems the problem for most ntsc u wiis is forcing pal video and not having a pal compatible tv

did you buy your tv spec. for pal compatibility or is this a sony feature?

morgan200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

does PAL use component cables? if so that is probably the fix for my problem...

EDIT: game works perfect now...found my old component cables hah! SO fix for region problem is just get component cables...guess americans aren't the only ignorant ones haha

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
morgan200 said:
@donowprod :
QUOTE said:
My wii is 4.0U from usa, cios rev 13a, and my tv is a sony bravia xbr which will accept a pal signal so there was no problems.

did you buy your tv spec. for pal compatibility or is this a sony feature?

This is just a feature that sony included. Im not sure if its just a sony feature, I highly doubt it. Im sure sony did it to not have to make different models tvs for different regions. This way they only make one model.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/_pJZQEANQU4?si=3i2w--qD8HBaLqy5 +1