Gaming Sport games recommendatons from second hand store please

badashbadu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi Everyone

Just went to my local game store and it looks like they are selling some second hand wii games. I am thinking about buying a few sport games (FIFA, Madden NFL , NBA, Pro Evolution Soccer and Tiger Woods PGA Tour).

I want to ask for some recommendations in there are different yearly editions of each of the game listed and I assume the latest editions will be the best but I may be wrong

· FIFA 2008, 2010 and 2011

· Madden 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012

· NBA 2010 to 2012

· Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 to 2012

· Tiger Woods 2007, 2008 and 2010

Thank you for your replies

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't play "realistic" sports games all that much, but I can give you a bit of info for some of them:

Fifa 10 has GC and Classic Controller support if you're interested, I do not know about 11. In fact I don't play Fifa at all, so wait for actual opinions with these.

Madden 2012 is more of your usual Madden with "normal" controls, with Classic Controller support, if you're interested in that. Pre 2012 titles are "All-Play" versions, which had different control schemes using the Wiimote (they could be turned off) and mini-games and other party-like content. From those, 09 was the most liked one, which sadly you don't mention.

Madden 2010 is a polarizing game, they changed a lot of stuff, it's more centred about local multiplayer, they changed how the players are (it's like NES Hockey, with thin-medium-big player types). It feels like one step forward, one step backwards and another to the side. Read about it before getting it, but as I said, people liked 09 the most.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 has a very different approach to gameplay compared to other football games, as you play with the infrared aiming of the Wiimote to point at the screen to pass, shoot and so on. It feels more like a strategic sports game, and it was very liked, but of course, maybe not what you're looking for.

From Tiger Woods 2010 onward the devs implemented Motion Plus controls, which make it superior to older versions if you can use it. The series tended to get better with each new title, and the Wii versions were seen as the best ones for the controls.

"Last" versions aren't always the better ones though, it's much better to check opinions before buying blindly. This is because the publisher may cheap out on those last versions because, well, they're last for a reason. New hardware appears, so they decide to not put effort on the older hardware, cut corners and such.

The good thing is that we can watch gameplay for most of these games today before buying.

Last edited by Maeson,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People actually buy the sports games in charity shops/second hand tat shops?

I think I fell through the portal to crazy dimension again... really got to stop leaving that on the floor by my bed.

Reactions: badashbadu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol