Hacking Split WBFS or compress

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to compress a wbfs file that is 1.99GB to fit on a 2gb flash drive. (I do not have my 4gb flash drive, I only want it compressed so I can transfer it when I get home.) I tried WinRAR and 7zip and I got nowhere. Could someone help me?

Is there a tool to split the wbfs file?

Thanks for reading. (If this is in tthe wrong area. I am sorry)

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
link11510 said:
I have been trying to compress a wbfs file that is 1.99GB to fit on a 2gb flash drive. (I do not have my 4gb flash drive, I only want it compressed so I can transfer it when I get home.) I tried WinRAR and 7zip and I got nowhere. Could someone help me?

Is there a tool to split the wbfs file?

Thanks for reading. (If this is in tthe wrong area. I am sorry)
You will want to look into Wiims ISO Tools for the Wii. Of particular interest to you should be the wit.exe CONVERT [-Z size]... [source]... option of the Wiims ISO Tool which allows you to specify the split size. You may also want to play around with the compression formats like WDF, but you will get diminished returns as you already have experienced.

-[]D

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most of todays large files don't compress well
because they are already compressed (audio, video, ...) or encrypted (wii ...)

Luckily loaders already support split wbfs files

If you don't have a wbfs tool handy just use a generic file splitter on them (like *nix's split)
afaik that should work to create wbf1 files

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. My brother gave my uncle a dumb answer why he didn't ask to go on the computer last night. So he took it away from my brother and I cannot get the .wbf1 file. When I get home, I get to have the joy of downloading the game again. (My brother's download speed is over 400kb/s and mine is 90kb/s).

Thanks guys

dwarf74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of need help with splitting files in general.......thought this would be an alright place to post it.

I'm using WBFS files for my iso's
The files can't be over 4gb to work properly, right?
If so, how to I get split files to work, using WBFS manager?

I got Tatsunoko and COD:BO iso's downloaded and it was giving me errors trying to put them on my hard drive...they're over 4gb
and when i downloaded the iso, it was put in a folder that has like 20 different RARs.

sorry if post isn't elaborate, im doing this in a rush....

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dwarf74: are you using a WBFS file system or .wbfs files on a FAT32 file system?

WBFS manager is for a WBFS FS; no split is required....the split is only required for FAT32 FS as 4GB is the max file size in the FS....

for the download you describe: ...it downloaded the rar parts...you can use WinRAR to extract it into an .iso manually.... but the two most common apps do this automatically as part o the process....

1.) for WBFS FS: use WBFS Manager to move it to your WBFS drive (it extracts the iso, converts the game partition and installs it to the WBFS partition in one easy step)...
2.) for FAT32 FS: use Wii Game Manager to move it to you wbfs folder of your FAT32 drive (it extracts the iso and converts it to .wbfs or .wbfs/.wbf1 (depending on size: it splits the data after 4GB) and installs it to the drive in one easy step)....

personally, i use a FAT32 FS, but instead of Wii Game Manager, i use a small command line app called WBFS_file.exe...drag and drop my iso to that, it extracts it into a folder with the game name [ID6], then i manually move the folder to my FAT32 wbfs folder...

hopefully this clears everything up....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...