• Views 3,514
  • Replies 25
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a specific type of game that has to be
  • 3D
  • From Square Enix Nah, skip that - any Cel-Shaded game.
  • For the DS
  • Nice Soundtrack
  • Not any Final Fantasy (All of them, I hate them)/TWEWY/Dragon Quest IX/Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
If they don't exist, then I believe I may have ploughed through all of Square Enix's 3D Masterpieces.

Can anyone recommend me a game with the aformentioned criteria included?

If there isn't any, can you recommend a similar game with character styles and art similar to Dragon Quest IX or Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow (But not those games). I suppose you could call me a fan of RPGs with a great customizable character with crazy hair that goes around on adventures, like the guy in DQIX.

Piss. I didn't see the 'suggest a game' thread.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
"nostalgia" come to mind

also "suikoden tierkris"

can't think of anything else now...but there's a list that has only rpg in it,you might wanna take a look

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What ridiculously narrow criteria. You want a Square Enix game which isn't from their main supported series. The only games that could fit your criteria are Blood of Bahmut and Sigma Harmonics. Actualy play those.

D

Deleted User

OP
Well, it's only narrow because I have played and completed all those games from the series, me being a complete game freak.

D

Deleted User

OP
OK doesn't need to be specifically Square Enix, but it DOES have to be 3D Cel-shaded like LoZ:ST and DQIX.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There is this one game...Tao's Adventure - Curse of the Demon Seal...I cant remember if it was cel-shaded or not, but I'm pretty sure it was 3D-ish...then again I'm talking at 7:30 am and I haven't slept...so I might be having some memory issues at the moment.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yep, I can't speak or write japanese at all, unlike my brother. But I'm not about to start asking him to translate all my gameplay. So that's DQM 2 and Soma Bringer out.

D

Deleted User

OP
Akarus said:
Soma Bringer has a pretty much complete translation patch.
OK. Some game that is natively english. (eg NO TRANSLATION PATCH REQUIRED)

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, so you're saying you ignore games such as Tales of Innocence and Soma Bringers (which fit your request almost perfectly), WHY?

Also, don't make retarded specifications. None of these games were natively english, idiot.

D

Deleted User

OP
dobz said:
Wait, so you're saying you ignore games such as Tales of Innocence and Soma Bringers (which fit your request almost perfectly), WHY?

Also, don't make retarded specifications. None of these games were natively english, idiot.
Don't get lairy with me! I simply want a 100% english game that is 3D, Cel-Shaded, is natively english (in language), and has customizable characters. I know they aren't natively english. That's why I requested ones that were, idiot.

p.s. I'm trying Soma Bringer, but instead of a game that is 99.9% english, I'd like one that's 100% english.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
lol
as if the story is defferent from one japanese rpg to the next.

I'd play soma bringer even if there wasn't a translation patch,that's how good it is.

since you want cel-shaded games,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cel-shaded_video_games
there.
a list of every cel-shaded game ever released.
search for "nintendo ds" and youtube the games that you think you'll like.

but for your information,there aren't many ds games that fit your criteria and you haven't played.

D

Deleted User

OP
dysan said:
lol
as if the story is defferent from one japanese rpg to the next.

I'd play soma bringer even if there wasn't a translation patch,that's how good it is.

since you want cel-shaded games,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cel-shaded_video_games
there.
a list of every cel-shaded game ever released.
search for "nintendo ds" and youtube the games that you think you'll like.

but for your information,there aren't many ds games that fit your criteria and you haven't played.
Wow, you're a legend. So now I need to narrow down this list to the RPGs and Adventure games?

D

Deleted User

OP
Wait, can I widen my search? OK.

* any Adventure RPG That is cel-shaded, like LoZ PH and ST, and DQIX.
I don't care what language, if there's a translation patch, whoopee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4