Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fwiw, i never make emunand backups and im fine. I can usually fix things fast enough anyways.

I could too, my last backup is from 10.3 so I would lose nothing either way and if you say I should be good, here goes! :)

EDIT:

Rei 10.5.0-30E <3

Last edited by SkyDX,
Reactions: peteruk and daxtsu

jadelabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0 problems so far
4aWuH56.jpg

Reactions: peteruk

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings

I have been following this topic for quite some time, and I just wish to clear out one thing before finally trying out Reinand and updating my emuNAND to 10.4

Quite a few pages back, I downloaded the 3.1 Reinand version, as well as the firmware file, but it was roughly 5+ days ago. I've been looking around, and in various threads, I have seen talk of the 10.4 FIRM, and the 10.2 FIRM. I already know the differences of these, and know that the 10.2 supports emuNAND on 10.4 as well, and that the FIRM is not the "firmware" of your 3DS. Basically, the only thing I wish to know is if the 3.1 that I downloaded a while back was or is the most recent version and if it is working with the 10.2 or 10.4 FIRM, as I will be wishing to still play MHX, which is quite obviously out of region. (need NTR)

If it isn't the best version, which one is, and what FIRM version is it based off of (I think I remember Rei stating they are now solely using the 10.2). I'd like a splash screen, but autoboot, which I believe I remember reading that Rei 3.0+ mall come standard with now, correct?

Links would be greatly appreciated, though I know the firmware file can't be linked, so perhaps md5, or something to tell me which I currently have. And I cannot compile, so I can't just download and compile myself the Firmware to be sure.

* edit * Huh, seems during my post and day of work, I missed that 10.5 came out... but my question still stands.

Last edited by moopas,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Greetings

I have been following this topic for quite some time, and I just wish to clear out one thing before finally trying out Reinand and updating my emuNAND to 10.4

Quite a few pages back, I downloaded the 3.1 Reinand version, as well as the firmware file, but it was roughly 5+ days ago. I've been looking around, and in various threads, I have seen talk of the 10.4 FIRM, and the 10.2 FIRM. I already know the differences of these, and know that the 10.2 supports emuNAND on 10.4 as well, and that the FIRM is not the "firmware" of your 3DS. Basically, the only thing I wish to know is if the 3.1 that I downloaded a while back was or is the most recent version and if it is working with the 10.2 or 10.4 FIRM, as I will be wishing to still play MHX, which is quite obviously out of region. (need NTR)

If it isn't the best version, which one is, and what FIRM version is it based off of (I think I remember Rei stating they are now solely using the 10.2). I'd like a splash screen, but autoboot, which I believe I remember reading that Rei 3.0+ mall come standard with now, correct?

Links would be greatly appreciated, though I know the firmware file can't be linked, so perhaps md5, or something to tell me which I currently have. And I cannot compile, so I can't just download and compile myself the Firmware to be sure.

* edit * Huh, seems during my post and day of work, I missed that 10.5 came out... but my question still stands.

The official builds of ReiNand only use the 10.2 FIRM/kernel right now. It's trivial to make it support the newer one, but there's little reason to until NTR CFW updates/we get actual games that use it.

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you greatly for the response. I think I have an unofficial build, I am not 100 percent sure.

Would you mind sharing the link to precompiled releases? As I said, I'd prefer a splashscreen and autoboot if possible. I know there was a link to precompiled releases somewhere far back there, I just don't wish to sift through everything, but will if you do not wish to post a link.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you greatly for the response. I think I have an unofficial build, I am not 100 percent sure.

Would you mind sharing the link to precompiled releases? As I said, I'd prefer a splashscreen and autoboot if possible. I know there was a link to precompiled releases somewhere far back there, I just don't wish to sift through everything, but will if you do not wish to post a link.

Or ya know just look at the github release tab....

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, never noticed that there was a "releases" tab... I didn't even know there were tabs. Thank you very much for pointing that out.

* edit * Just checked it out, didn't wanna double-post. the 3.2b is a beta release, so I assume that 3.1 is the one that is recommended?

Last edited by moopas,

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Huh, never noticed that there was a "releases" tab... I didn't even know there were tabs. Thank you very much for pointing that out.

* edit * Just checked it out, didn't wanna double-post. the 3.2b is a beta release, so I assume that 3.1 is the one that is recommended?
3.2b is pretty much in beta status because of the lack of testing, so far it seems to not have any problems. Probably Rei will change it to release status soon.
If you want to see dat .:Rei string in fw version, go with the beta, that's pretty much the only difference that you can notice as a user.
Both versions work just fine

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, and One last question.

I have been using the 12/05/2015 nightly of rxTools thus far in 9.5 emuNAND...

reiNand does NOT support regionfree... correct?

I just booted into reinand, seemingly fine, splash screen popped up and everything, just booted up MHX on my USA N3DS, checked online... connected, didn't run NTR, multiupatcher, nothing, just booted reinand via ctrbootmanager by launching the "ReiNand.dat" from the root of my SD.

Is that normal?

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Okay, and One last question.

I have been using the 12/05/2015 nightly of rxTools thus far in 9.5 emuNAND...

reiNand does NOT support regionfree... correct?

I just booted into reinand, seemingly fine, splash screen popped up and everything, just booted up MHX on my USA N3DS, checked online... connected, didn't run NTR, multiupatcher, nothing, just booted reinand via ctrbootmanager by launching the "ReiNand.dat" from the root of my SD.

Is that normal?
Your MHX CIA must be region spoofed.

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be, I'm using a prepatched v9 translation. I don't remember it being tagged with RF or FS, but I just doublechecked, and yea, it's booting fine, threw me for a loop because running MHX was my only concern.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BakerMan, Metallica One
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BakerMan, Metallica One