Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Having some trouble getting this working on my brother's downgraded N3DS. I copied all of the files over from my own N3DS, but upon booting, I just get a blackscreen. No splashscreen or anything. He has an emunand partition set up, and his NANDs are unlinked. Any idea why it would work fine on my console but not his?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Having some trouble getting this working on my brother's downgraded N3DS. I copied all of the files over from my own N3DS, but upon booting, I just get a blackscreen. No splashscreen or anything. He has an emunand partition set up, and his NANDs are unlinked. Any idea why it would work fine on my console but not his?
just try few times it will boot for you. most of the cfw does not have 100% boot rate. you know.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both 9.2? Update to 3.2b and update firmware bin

Magic Lubricant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the verdict on emmunand 10.5? I didn't see anything about it :(. So all need to do is go to reinand 3.2 beta and I should be good to go on the 10.5 update?
Thanks!

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS just freezes on the Home Menu screen when i boot reiNAND. Anyone know why this is happening? I have the firmware.bin on the github, it just loads then stops.

Got an error after it froze trying it again:
"An error has occured.
Hold down the Power button" etc

Last edited by jscjml,

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My EmuNAND partition must just be completely out of whack if im freezing, looks like others are on 10.5 and it works for them.

Will come back to this CFW whenever i find the time to nuke my SD card and start fresh.

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I dont know if this question was cleared up already, but can anyone tell me what to search in order to find firmware.bin for reiNAND 3.2b?
And to be sure, I can upgrade reiNAND to 10.5, rite?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if this question was cleared up already, but can anyone tell me what to search in order to find firmware.bin for reiNAND 3.2b?
And to be sure, I can upgrade reiNAND to 10.5, rite?
Yes, you can download the firmware.bin file from Rei's GitHub (well, a dropbox link will be on Rei's GitHub).
But yeah, you can update reiNAND to 10.5.

Reactions: Noroxus

frankhawk12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I updated my EmuNAND to 10.5 and then updated Rei to 3.2 but now when I try to boot into EmuNAND It freezes at the purple screen where I choose to boot into Homebrew or EmNAND. If I boot into Homebrew and try to launch Rei from there, the top screen is black and bottom is red. I have the firmware.bin from Rei's Github. Also If I restore the Backup EmuNAND.bin will it restore the Emunand back the the previous firmware? My NANDS are also linked.

Last edited by frankhawk12,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring your emunand back up will effectively revert your emunand to before you updated. Depending on how old the backup is, you might have some titles disappear from your home menu. (Anything installed after the backup will still be on the sd card, but their tickets would be missing from the older emunand's ticket.db)

What did you update your emunand from?

Also, I have heard reports of linked NANDs causing problems when updating. There really is no need for them to be linked and you should unlink them.

frankhawk12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restoring your emunand back up will effectively revert your emunand to before you updated. Depending on how old the backup is, you might have some titles disappear from your home menu. (Anything installed after the backup will still be on the sd card, but their tickets would be missing from the older emunand's ticket.db)

What did you update your emunand from?

Also, I have heard reports of linked NANDs causing problems when updating. There really is no need for them to be linked and you should unlink them.

I updated my Emunand from the system settings. I'll restore the backup and unlink my NANDS and update emunand to see if that was the issue.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok guys, new error when trying to compil :
Code:
C:\Users\Asia81\Downloads\Compressed\ReiNand-Source>make
arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -Wextra -MMD -MP -marm -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -std=c11 -Wno-main   -c -o build/crypto.o source/crypto.c
source/crypto.c: In function 'xor':
source/crypto.c:357:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     int i; for(i = 0; i < size; i++) *(dest+i) = *(data1+i) ^ *(data2+i);
                         ^
source/crypto.c: In function 'arm9loader':
source/crypto.c:381:21: warning: passing argument 3 of 'xor' discards 'const' qualifier from pointer target type [-Wdiscarded-qualifiers]
     xor(key2, key2, memeKey, 0x10);
                     ^
source/crypto.c:356:6: note: expected 'u8 * {aka unsigned char *}' but argument is of type 'const u8 * {aka const unsigned char *}'
void xor(u8 *dest, u8 *data1, u8 *data2, u32 size){
      ^
arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -Wextra -MMD -MP -marm -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -std=c11 -Wno-main   -c -o build/draw.o source/draw.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -Wextra -MMD -MP -marm -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -std=c11 -Wno-main   -c -o build/emunand.o source/emunand.c
source/emunand.c: In function 'getSDMMC':
source/emunand.c:27:10: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     *off = memsearch(pos, pattern, size, 4);
          ^
source/emunand.c: In function 'getEmuRW':
source/emunand.c:47:14: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     *readOff = memsearch(pos, pattern, size, 4);
              ^
source/emunand.c:48:15: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
     *writeOff = memsearch(readOff, pattern, 0x1000, 4);
               ^
source/emunand.c: In function 'getMPU':
source/emunand.c:54:19: warning: unused parameter 'pos' [-Wunused-parameter]
void getMPU(void *pos, u32 *off){
                   ^
arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -Wextra -MMD -MP -marm -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -std=c11 -Wno-main   -c -o build/fatfs/diskio.o source/fatfs/diskio.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -Wextra -MMD -MP -marm -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -std=c11 -Wno-main   -c -o build/fatfs/ff.o source/fatfs/ff.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -Wextra -MMD -MP -marm -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -std=c11 -Wno-main   -c -o build/fatfs/option/syscall.o source/fatfs/option/syscall.c
arm-none-eabi-as -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te  -o build/fatfs/sdmmc/delay.o source/fatfs/sdmmc/delay.s
arm-none-eabi-gcc -Wall -Wextra -MMD -MP -marm -mlittle-endian -mcpu=arm946e-s -march=armv5te -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -std=c11 -Wno-main   -c -o build/fatfs/sdmmc/sdmmc.o source/fatfs/sdmmc/sdmmc.c
In file included from c:\program files (x86)\gnu tools arm embedded\5.2 2015q4\arm-none-eabi\include\dirent.h:6:0,
                 from source/fatfs/sdmmc/sdmmc.c:32:
c:\program files (x86)\gnu tools arm embedded\5.2 2015q4\arm-none-eabi\include\sys\dirent.h:10:2: error: #error "<dirent.h> not supported"
#error "<dirent.h> not supported"
  ^
make: *** [build/fatfs/sdmmc/sdmmc.o] Error 1

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I updated my EmuNAND to 10.5 and then updated Rei to 3.2 but now when I try to boot into EmuNAND It freezes at the purple screen where I choose to boot into Homebrew or EmNAND. If I boot into Homebrew and try to launch Rei from there, the top screen is black and bottom is red. I have the firmware.bin from Rei's Github. Also If I restore the Backup EmuNAND.bin will it restore the Emunand back the the previous firmware? My NANDS are also linked.
Sounds like menuhax. Try pressing your menuhax override button when starting emunand, or, even better, unlink nands.

frankhawk12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like menuhax. Try pressing your menuhax override button when starting emunand, or, even better, unlink nands.

Menuhax isn't installed. I will be unlinking my NANDS, but I think my SD card is corrupted or something I've got files not showing up and files not being saved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...