Gaming Soul Sacrifice - Vita's Monster Hunter

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not entirely true. Fusing a pair of Offerings nets you one Offering of a higher level with more casts, however fusing a pair of Offerings of the highest level («««) nets you one offering of a higher tier which does cause more damage. Essentially there are three tiers - bronze, silver and gold Offerings, each with three levels. Higher tier equals more Damage, higher level equals more casts.

For example, two Pinwheels (S) («) will fuse into one Pinwheel (S) (««), however two Pinwheels (S) («««) will fuse into one Pinwheel (M) («). Fusing basic Offerings like this is a very easy way of getting high-tier Offerings early in the game.

Ooh, that makes sense now, I'm still somewhat early in the game (I did the Sorataria quests but I'm doing Avalon Pacts now) so I haven't been able to fuse up that much. Thanks.

Reactions: Foxi4

Exiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A little question. I just brought a vita, and the 1 year membership to plus, I'm buying a 8gb mem card tomorrow, can I download all the free games that have plus any time or I can only download them for free untill it's over? I have already "purchased" them

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
A little question. I just brought a vita, and the 1 year membership to plus, I'm buying a 8gb mem card tomorrow, can I download all the free games that have plus any time or I can only download them for free untill it's over? I have already "purchased" them
If they are downloaded once free/paid you are are able to download them again any time later.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not entirely true. Fusing a pair of Offerings nets you one Offering of a higher level with more casts, however fusing a pair of Offerings of the highest level («««) nets you one offering of a higher tier which does cause more damage. Essentially there are three tiers - bronze, silver and gold Offerings, each with three levels. Higher tier equals more Damage, higher level equals more casts.

For example, two Pinwheels (S) («) will fuse into one Pinwheel (S) (««), however two Pinwheels (S) («««) will fuse into one Pinwheel (M) («). Fusing basic Offerings like this is a very easy way of getting high-tier Offerings early in the game.

Good post. I wasnt aware thats how it works either and now i do, iv just made myself a higher power flametree root. Does the game ever explain how to do that tho? Because up untill i read this post, i assumed i would just unlock more powerful spells as i played more. But im a decent way into the game now and that deff would of been useful to know before spending ages learning the attack patterns of that angel looking boss lol.

Also if anyone wants to join me on the game, feel free to add me. My PSN is Terenigmaa and in game my character is called Teren who i plan to get 1/99 (currently 1/18) so i will be looking for some some tanks + healers for harder bosses eventually.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good post. I wasnt aware thats how it works either and now i do, iv just made myself a higher power flametree root. Does the game ever explain how to do that tho? Because up untill i read this post, i assumed i would just unlock more powerful spells as i played more. But im a decent way into the game now and that deff would of been useful to know before spending ages learning the attack patterns of that angel looking boss lol.

Also if anyone wants to join me on the game, feel free to add me. My PSN is Terenigmaa and in game my character is called Teren who i plan to get 1/99 (currently 1/18) so i will be looking for some some tanks + healers for harder bosses eventually.

The game never explicitly tells you that you can enhance the tier of a given Offering. What it does tell you is that by fusing two identical Offerings, you get a more powerful Offering, so it's just vaguely stating that when you have a good couple of'em, this is what you should do. I found out about it entirely by accident by fusing two maxed out basic offerings. Of course immediately after seeing the result I began grinding low-level monsters to get the low-level Offerings I needed to fuse to get the much more rare, badass ones. :yaypsp:

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
The game never explicitly tells you that you can enhance the tier of a given Offering. What it does tell you is that by fusing two identical Offerings, you get a more powerful Offering, so it's just vaguely stating that when you have a good couple of'em, this is what you should do. I found out about it entirely by accident by fusing two maxed out basic offerings. Of course immediately after seeing the result I began grinding low-level monsters to get the low-level Offerings I needed to fuse to get the much more rare, badass ones. :yaypsp:

Thats exsactly what im doing right now lol

I dont mind grinding on this game too much either, most of the quests go pretty quickly and its challanging to do them without getting hit so that you earn more rewards. I like that, it adds another level of risk to what would normally be a somewhat boring grind of low level enemies. You arnt ever in danger of dieing but its worth trying to do the level well to get what you need to be strong.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thats exsactly what im doing right now lol

I dont mind grinding on this game too much either, most of the quests go pretty quickly and its challanging to do them without getting hit so that you earn more rewards. I like that, it adds another level of risk to what would normally be a somewhat boring grind of low level enemies. You arnt ever in danger of dieing but its worth trying to do the level well to get what you need to be strong.
It's entirely possible that the game does say that and I just missed it since I usually tap X as fast as humanly possible to get past tutorial screens and look things up when I really need to... It may also be in the rather extensive Librom... Now that I think about it, it'd be odd for the game not to inform the player about an essential mechanic. :unsure: I'll have to look it up because I'm curious now.

As for your latter point, that being "you're never in the danger of dying"... You're not that far in the game yet and I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I will tell you this - trust no one. There's nice sorcerers out there and there's real as*hole sorcerers out there as well. Watch out who's in your party at all times because sooner or later you will find this one NPC who'll figure that it's essentially more profitable for him/her to... dispose of you and he or she will do just that without hessitation because that's what sorcerers do - they sacrifice stuff. :P

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya, Sony really fucked up with that. Save data should be written to the card like 3DS. And just have a normal SD card. I think that's one thing that's stopping a lot of people from picking up a Vita. Which is a shame because the Vita is insanely awesome and I've been playing it more than my 3DS. But the few faults it has are pretty big deal breakers.

^^^ this

I didnt even buy a vita till the recent price drop
and its already full, and i dont have much.

i dont intend to buy games for it for this reason (will simply live off the free stuff)- will stick to ps4/ps3 purchases

their own bullshit its killing the vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back