Gaming Sony to Microsoft - This is how you trade games:

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a lot of irony there. The only reason they didn't get attention was because they were the first to let people share games.

this got more attention because if sony had been retarded enough to follow MS lead in implementing retarded DRM scams it would have totally destroyed the console industry

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
this got more attention because if sony had been retarded enough to follow MS lead in implementing retarded DRM scams it would have totally destroyed the console industry
That's my point. Had Nintendo waited to reveal the Wii U until after the Xbox One, Nintendo would have been the heroes. When Nintendo decided against the always-online and no-used-games policy, nobody cared because nobody thought M$ would adapt that.

The real question is, if Nintendo had done the same thing as M$, would Sony still have allowed used games? Being last in line, people would just expect it.

Reactions: NahuelDS

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Shit.. This makes the Ouya look better than the Xbone.

Nintendo and Sony already have this gen. Microsoft's Xbox division is in for a tough ride.
Just gonna plop this here

Xbox One
  • No used games
  • Must be connected to Internet once every 24 hours
  • Always-on Kinect
  • Microsoft is a member of PRISM
  • $499 USD/CAD
  • Xbox Live is $60/year
  • Becomes a pretty brick when Microsoft's servers go down. Cannot play in 2030.
  • Launch Exclusives*: New Halo, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Ryse, Project Spark, Crimson Dragon, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3
PS4
  • Used Games
  • PS+ "Less than 5$ a month"**
  • Free games with PS+
  • Sony is not a member of PRISM
  • Does not need to connect once every 24 hours
  • Can be played offline indefinitely
  • $399 USD/CAD
  • Does not become a pretty brick when Sony's servers go down, you can play it in 2030 :)
  • Launch Exclusives: inFamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, The Order, Deep Down (Capcom demo showed at Feb. Announcement), Drive Club, Knack
*Titanfall is not exclusive. It's also coming to PC and X360.
**Probably going to be $5/mo

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OSonsBH.gif

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just think it's sad that in a way... Nintendo can never win. They do what the customers want... they seem to get called out on it.. They do their own stuff... they get called out for it.

They innovate stuff -way- ahead of the time... they get called out for it.

Now please... Don't mis-understand.. I'm -very- glad sony did this.. as it at least -looks- like they are trying to support their customers... which they have a bad habbit with as well. So I am really glad they did this, I just don't think they should be getting all the praise they are.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just think it's sad that in a way... Nintendo can never win. They do what the customers want... they seem to get called out on it.. They do their own stuff... they get called out for it.

They innovate stuff -way- ahead of the time... they get called out for it.

Now please... Don't mis-understand.. I'm -very- glad sony did this.. as it at least -looks- like they are trying to support their customers... which they have a bad habbit with as well. So I am really glad they did this, I just don't think they should be getting all the praise they are.

Dont you see the fact that no one said anything about nintendo doing this means they are winning noone even expects them to pull bullshit like this its not a issue

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Dont you see the fact that no one said anything about nintendo doing this means they are winning noone even expects them to pull bullshit like this its not a issue
People might not expect it, but it's better to have everyone talking about how awesome your company is. Everyone is talking about how Sony burned Microsoft, and forgets all about Nintendo.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is sad that Sony gets all the cheers... for the same thing Nintendo's already been doing for several months.
Fucking this.

Sony is getting praise for not following through a few scary rumors. And it really shows how ignorant fanboys are when they say things like "death of microsoft-they're fucked" and blah blah. The fact is we really don't know how well fare X1 is going face off against the PS4, I bet Microsoft doesn't know, I bet Sony doesn't know, and at any time from now, until launch, and even after with firmware updates, Microsoft can change. What Microsoft announced was what they announced, its never set in stone, and they can change their stance on game sharing both before and after launch console date, just like Sony has the choice of reversing their stance as well.

I thought alot of us were mature enough to realize petty system gloating is overall meaningless, since system updates on any device, home or mobile, has the potential to liberate or fuck us over, but E3 has yet again shown me that the "My x system is better than your x system are still going to continue for atleast another 7 or 8 years. If the X1 is affordable, and it has exclusives I'm compelled to play, then I'm getting it, same for the PS4, PS Vita, and Wii U.

And IMO, PS2 is still the best.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony: We won't sneak up behind you and f*ck you in the ass then murder your families in the night!
Internet: I can't believe how awesome Sony is! They really care about gamers!

When time and time again... they have shown that they -usually- don't.

I don't know.. maybe the change in hands at Sony really has had a change... but I'm still weary.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's interesting that nobody cared when Nintendo did this, simply because it was before Microsoft. There was talk about it long before though.
Nobody cares when the SNES did it either, because it wasn't an issue then. :P

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sorry, have to report that.

Also guys, calm down about Nintendo not getting praise. What's happening is that everybody thought for that the game industry is going to go down because of Microsoft doing this. Everybody thought for sure that Sony would follow suit. If Microsoft were going to do it, Sony would to, just to get as much money as possible. But they didn't. That's what everyone is happy about. Sony didn't follow suit and fuck the consumer over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy