Sony to "Eliminate" Piracy via Google Stadia-like Game Streaming Service

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's anything like most store shutdowns that have occurred thus far, it's very likely that any content already purchased should remain available, and I'd imagine patches will remain available as well... is there anything at all that distinctly says that isn't the case with the PSP shutdown?

This sort of inaccurate fearmongering always seems like it pops up, especially with Nintendo's stores. The vast majority of delisted games and discontinued shops still allow you to download your purchased games... I think they legally have to.
It's fine to relax with such logical confidence, but it still all depends on the decisions of companies. Fear of things vanishing is warranted due to many recent happenings, even if extraneous. I'm unclear whether NSP recovered from that recent delisting of PSP patches (can't find the discussion) And of course the DSIware that you alluded to that mostly returned, very scary to see this. Other platforms are also in transition, the Oculus platform (gear vr, rift, etc) is about to lock out Oculus accounts entirely, forcing facebook login for new devices. And Facebook has NOT made it clear that current users can still access things without the login.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine to relax with such logical confidence, but it still all depends on the decisions of companies. Fear of things vanishing is warranted due to many recent happenings, even if extraneous. I'm unclear whether NSP recovered from that recent delisting of PSP patches (can't find the discussion) And of course the DSIware that you alluded to that mostly returned, very scary to see this. Other platforms are also in transition, the Oculus platform (gear vr, rift, etc) is about to lock out Oculus accounts entirely, forcing facebook login for new devices. And Facebook has NOT made it clear that current users can still access things without the login.
Yeah, I definitely getcha. My mindset's far more Nintendo-centric - that's where most of my personal experience comes from. I wasn't aware there was a delisting of PSP patches! That's really unfortunate. With the recent DSi delisting, I believe that only affected the 3DS eShop, and I believe both shops have continually always allowed redownloading purchased content. I don't believe I've ever heard of a Nintendo system not allowing purchased content to be redownloaded, nor them stopping patch distribution - a Skyward Sword patch is, like, the only thing the Wii Shop still allows for new downloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_3XC94yzeo