Sony announces the PlayStation Classic

L-lead-hand-755x425.jpg

Sony is borrowing its best friend Nintendo's idea to bring its classic console in palm format. Meet the PlayStation Classic.

Announced in a blog post today, this miniature rehash of the classic console with a very original name will feature defining titles like Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms and 17 other "legendary titles".

L-angle.jpg

20180919_095149.png

"The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging," reads the blog post.

Each unit will come bundled with an HDMI cable, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles.

Pre-loaded with 20 classic title, the new mini-console launches December 3 at an MSRP of $99.99.
:arrow: SOURCE

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I already gave you, but you are ignoring it.
no you didn't. Camera control was already a thing. Still a perfected thing but not something new. N64 actually did camera control also a lot of times with the analog stick while moving with the DPAD so how is that new ?

Last edited by kumikochan,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
no you didn't. Camera control was already a thing. Still a perfected thing but not something new. N64 actually did camera control also a lot of times with the analog stick while moving with the DPAD so how is that new ?
Dual analog movement. You're being petty.

Reactions: invaderyoyo

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no you didn't
I reply again, the concept of dual analogues with one analogue for camera control.
They introduced that concept, the same way Nintendo introduced the concept of miniaturized analog stick for movement before.
The same way PC/Amiga introduced the concept of non-miniaturized analogue stick for gaming (specially flight simulation) before.
The same way the Wright brothers introduced the concept of the analogue flight stick for flight before.
The same way... wait, you are not seeing it.

The concept of dual analogues with one analogue for camera control is a whole new concept introduced by them. Yeah, I know they are not the Wright brothers, but you have to realize they weren't even thinking of using it for camera control.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I reply again, the concept of dual analogues with one analogue for camera control.
They introduced that concept, the same way Nintendo introduced the concept of miniaturized analog stick for movement before.
The same way PC/Amiga introduced the concept of non-miniaturized analogue stick for gaming (specially flight simulation) before.
The same way the Wright brothers introduced the concept of the analogue flight stick for flight before.
The same way... wait, you are not seeing it.

The concept of dual analogues with one analogue for camera control is a whole new concept introduced by them. Yeah, I know they are not the Wright brothers, but you have to realize they weren't even thinking of using it for camera control.
Analog sticks were already a thing, they just made it popular. Why is it so hard to get that question ? Again bring me something fucking entirely NEW, something that didn't exist prior on a console like being rumble, triggers, memory cards, a home menu and so forth instead of bringing half assed answer like dual analog sticks or dual rumble and stuff like that. Something new please. N64 was launched prior to the dualshock as an example. N64 analog stick was launched 1996 while the dualshock was launched 1997. So def not NEW

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Analog sticks were already a thing, they just made it popular. Why is it so hard to get that question ? Again bring me something fucking entirely NEW, something that didn't exist prior on a console like being rumble, triggers, memory cards, a home menu and so forth instead of bringing half assed answer like dual analog sticks or dual rumble and stuff like that. Something new please
No, you are not getting it.
Finding out new ways to use things, investing into it and making it popular is something new.
And it is the same every company, every video game brand that has some originality has done.

We stand on the shoulders of giants. We don't reinvent the wheel.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, you are not getting it.
Finding out new ways to use things, investing into it and making it popular is something new.
And it is the same every company, every video game brand that has some originality has done.

We stand on the shoulders of giants. We don't reinvent the wheel.
I told you already. Something fucking new that didn't exist without perfecting something old. Is that question so hard to get ?

Reactions: lincruste

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dual analogue for camera control, is that answer hard to get?
not new. Camera movement with an analog stick was already done with the N64 while moving with the Dpad. Movement was already done with an analog stick and so was camera control. They just implemented it at the same time but not something new in my book since it was already done with 1 stick prior. Just perfecting something old and not something entirely new that started from scratch

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not new. Camera movement with an analog stick was already done with the N64 while moving with the Dpad.
The concept of dual control, with one analogue for movement and one for camera control was not.
In fact, they realized how of a PITA it was without it, and instead of not doing anything about it they came up with a solution.
You don't want to see it. And it's in vain if I go with any other example because you will not want to see it either, you are focused in a "if sony made it, it's not introducing something new", while at the same time you consider everything else that is exactly doing the same something new if it was made by another company.

I am starting to think I am wasting my time here.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be interested in this but what are the other games.

Well to be fair I'd prob buy it just to store away and stick to my retropi

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The concept of dual control, with one analogue for movement and one for camera control was not.
In fact, they realized how of a PITA it was without it, and instead of not doing anything about it they came up with a solution.
You don't want to see it. And it's in vain if I go with any other example because you will not want to see it either, you are focused in a "if sony made it, it's not introducing something new", while at the same time you consider everything else that is exactly doing the same something new if it was made by another company.

I am starting to think I am wasting my time here.
Well that is perfecting something old in my eyes but not something entirely new from scratch but let's leave it at that. If that's something entirely new from scratch for you then that is how it is. That's all I can say about it.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well that is perfecting something old in my eyes but not something entirely new from scratch but let's leave it at that. If that's something entirely new from scratch for you then that is how it is. That's all I can say about it
Going off your own logic, we haven't seen any new tech for a few decades

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Going off your own logic, we haven't seen any new tech for a few decades
we did, The Wii U with a portable screen while being a controller wasn't a thing in gaming prior. That is something recent while being completely new in the console market. That's the thing, I can name perfectly new things with other console manufacturers just fine while I can't think of a thing Sony did.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we did, The Wii U with a portable screen while being a controller wasn't a thing in gaming prior. That is something recent while being completely new in the console market
Yes. The concept of the Wii U tablet as a moving window to be used together with a bigger window (the TV) was a new and interesting concept.
Others mode of usage were not so innovative, pretty much mimicking things already done on the Nintendo DS.

Unfortunately the the window inside window concept failed together with the console, it was not really developed to its whole extent, and only in a few games where it looked more like a tech demo.

I also don't see much innovations in consoles of all brands nowadays.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes. The concept of the Wii U a tablet as a moving window to be used together with a bigger window (the TV) was a new and interesting concept.
Others mode of usage were not so innovative, pretty much mimicking things already done on the Nintendo DS.

Unfortunately the the window inside window concept failed together with the console, it was not really developed to its whole extent, and only in a few games where it looked more like a tech demo.

I also don't see much innovations in consoles of all brands nowadays.
They guy asked me to name something entirely new done by a company not done prior on the console market being recent. I named something new, doesn't matter if it failed.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They guy asked me to name something entirely new done by a company not done prior on the console market being recent. I named something new, doesn't matter if it failed.
A second screen concept? A WIRELESS second screen concept? Definitely not new. Been around for a fair bit. Literally everything we have in modern times is a "perfected" (I can't believe how loosely you use this word) form of prior technology. You acting like Sony is a bane of technology while oh so ignorantly claiming THAT as a new tech is just so bad...

Last edited by Kioku,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A second screen concept? A WIRELESS second screen concept? Definitely not new. Been around for a fair bit.
Okay name me one console that did it prior to the Wii u that did do that and even used it as a second screen ? If you said it was already done on a gaming console then you should name one

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They guy asked me to name something entirely new done by a company not done prior on the console market. I named something new, doesn't matter if it failed. The thing is I can still name new concepts on consoles while I can't with playstation. It's as simple as that
Yeah, it doesn't matter to me it failed either. I wasn't making a point around it. It is unfortunate.
For me it is a pity it failed, because I wanted games that used it. I haven't seen new ideas from any brand since them, not in the Switch either.
For me that idea was something as interesting and revolutionary as using dual analogues for movement and camera control.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1