Sony announces the PlayStation Classic

L-lead-hand-755x425.jpg

Sony is borrowing its best friend Nintendo's idea to bring its classic console in palm format. Meet the PlayStation Classic.

Announced in a blog post today, this miniature rehash of the classic console with a very original name will feature defining titles like Final Fantasy VII, Tekken 3, Wild Arms and 17 other "legendary titles".

L-angle.jpg

20180919_095149.png

"The mini console is approximately 45% smaller than the original PlayStation, and it emulates the original’s look and feel by featuring similar controllers and packaging," reads the blog post.

Each unit will come bundled with an HDMI cable, a USB cable, and two controllers for local multiplayer within compatible titles.

Pre-loaded with 20 classic title, the new mini-console launches December 3 at an MSRP of $99.99.
:arrow: SOURCE

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Sony will make a PS One Classic for DualShock games. It makes sense.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Trash_Bandatcoot its a trend people are buying into, why not jump on this bandwagon while there is money to be made and gain their market share.

Sometimes it’s a show of force, and a statement that another company will not dominate 100% of that niche.
Right on. People keep bringing up that Nintendo began the trend but it was SEGA (and published by the shitty AtGames) with the SEGA Mega Drive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now wait until the thing gets released and hacked, just like Nintendo's classics...
It's probably a PSTV under the shell.

Reactions: KiiWii

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is already up for pre-order and we don't even know what the full list is.

I don't understand why they didn't announce the full list at reveal.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Right on. People keep bringing up that Nintendo began the trend but it was SEGA (and published by the shitty AtGames) with the SEGA Mega Drive.

The concept goes back much further, not even including the pirated NES games we had the plug and play systems with Atari 2600, etc.

Thing is already up for pre-order and we don't even know what the full list is.

I don't understand why they didn't announce the full list at reveal.

Because people are pre-ordering it anyway.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re either still working on the full list or concerned about what people think of it.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Because people are pre-ordering it anyway.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re either still working on the full list or concerned about what people think of it.

And depending on the full list people might cancel their pre-order.
Personally I wouldn't want to pre-order it if I can get the majority of titles on PSN
And considering 4 out of the 5 that they did reveal are on PSN

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
And depending on the full list people might cancel their pre-order.
Personally I wouldn't want to pre-order it if I can get the majority of titles on PSN
And considering 4 out of the 5 that they did reveal are on PSN

Depends, they could be betting on people not cancelling either out of laziness or difficulty (particularly places which take the funds in advance or require you to contact them).

They may also be hoping that retailers use the pre-orders to make their store orders, so even if a percentage cancel they may still hope to take more orders than they otherwise would.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...