SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tanveer said:
SamAsh07 said:
Look at the bright side,
more time the PSN is down = more ppl will be online at the same time when it comes back = more ppl to co-op with.
OR server overload and more downtime?
Hopefully they can get things to work
smile.gif
. Getting 3DS soon, but also considering to get a 360 Slim for Xbox Live... in the meantime I could have played some stuff online on the PS3 :/. Good luck to them.
Oh yeah...I forgot it's Sony we are talking about lol

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
I just don't find online console capabilities as uber-important, they've never been a huge selling point for me and hence my stance. Call me childish if you will, but there's nothing better than elbowing your opponent in the ribs when playing spit-screen. If PSN/WFC/XBox Live would be indefinatelly closed tomorrow, I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Moreover, being the fanatically againts online software distribution, PSN/DSiWare/WiiWare/XBoxyWhatevery can burn to all hells for all I care.

I find neither of those features essential.
Your logic assumes that the user should simply be grateful for the remaining services that are still operational and not retain any critical reservations. Why should the user simply be satisfied with "spit-screen" when he was promised something more substantial, especially when the parent company played a large role in the downtime of PSN in general? It's clear that your "stance" is nothing more than a hodgepodge of weak abstractions in defense of Sony and big business in general, completely obfuscating the bigger picture.

Edit: One more point. What is essential for you in gaming may not be essential for the average user. Do not enforce your circumstances on theirs or lump them with that of yours.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Foxi4 said:
I just don't find online console capabilities as uber-important, they've never been a huge selling point for me and hence my stance. Call me childish if you will, but there's nothing better than elbowing your opponent in the ribs when playing spit-screen. If PSN/WFC/XBox Live would be indefinatelly closed tomorrow, I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Moreover, being the fanatically againts online software distribution, PSN/DSiWare/WiiWare/XBoxyWhatevery can burn to all hells for all I care.

Your logic assumes that the user should simply be grateful for the remaining services that are still operational and not retain any critical reservations. Why should the user simply be satisfied with "spit-screen" when he was promised something more substantial, especially when the parent company played a large role in the downtime of PSN in general? It's clear that your "stance" is nothing more than a hodgepodge of weak abstractions in defense of Sony and big business in general, completely obfuscating the bigger picture.

This is my opinion. It doesn't have to be generally accepted, it can be funny, it can be petty but it's my own. Message boards are to state your opinions, are they not?

I said that I don't see a reason for complaints because I do not. Whether you do or not is your piece of cake. Have it, I don't want any, I have my own cake.

It is true that I tend to defend big companies. I'd defend Microsoft if they were in the same situation and I'd defend Nintendo if they got hacked, although with the friendcode system it's very unlikely, it's hard enough to connect and find a specific person as it is with all the jolly numbers. I'm not saying that no errors were made, I'm saying "give it a break already, at least they're working on it" and cutting them some slack.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
at least it will give ppl to do something other than playing games... maybe making a game?
i agree that sony is doing their best to make sure nothing is gonna go wrong this time but 31st May? How bad are the servers at the moment? Is it like a complete overhaul of security cuz they did have many issues as it came out.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
This is my opinion. It doesn't have to be generally accepted, it can be funny, it can be petty but it's my own. Message boards are to state your opinions, are they not?

I said that I don't see a reason for complaints because I do not. Whether you do or not is your piece of cake. Have it, I don't want any, I have my own cake.

It is true that I tend to defend big companies. I'd defend Microsoft if they were in the same situation and I'd defend Nintendo if they got hacked, although with the friendcode system it's very unlikely, it's hard enough to connect and find a specific person as it is with all the jolly numbers. I'm not saying that no errors were made, I'm saying "give it a break already, at least they're working on it" and cutting them some slack.
By all means, defend your right to have an opinion, pending further political developments. My only point is that your "opinion" or "stance" should be able to stand up at least under basic scrutiny, which is also what message boards are for. It's clear that yours cannot. Not only that, your opinion stands on the side of reaction, assuming the role of apologist for big business. Sony does not deserve nor have they earned such a privilege, as far as I know. In short: You may have your opinion here, but your opinion is wrong. Its main weakness lies in that it is accountable to nothing and nobody except yourself; hence all the talk of "it's my own" and "its not a huge selling point for me". You're the one who wants to have their cake and eat it too. But you do not want to merely eat it, you want to stuff yourself until you become sick.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:

Moreover, being as fanatically againts online software distribution as I am, PSN/DSiWare/WiiWare/XBoxyWhatevery can burn to all hells for all I care.

Makes me look back at the days when every multiplayer game had Splitscreen. Those were the days. Actual gaming parties. Now it's just staring at the screen with headphones and a mic attached to your skull. Meh. Not my thing.

Yep, the good old days of split screen, now you have people talking and playing online with random strangers it completely kills the split screen, now in order to play with someone in the same household as you, you have to have 2 ps3, tvs, and games, it's redclious, people lean on online so much that if it's taken away it's almost like a drug, I think today's games are making people more antisocial IMO

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm simply giving over since I don't feel like discussing it any further. I think that Sony as a company deserved every right to be properly defended, their contribution to the video game industry is massive and they're doing everything in their power to set things straight. There are no wrongs and rights in this discussion simply because Online is a personal choice - some gamers treat it as the main event and some treat it like an addition.

For me, a video game that doesn't have a well-developed single player campaign with decent replay value is just *not a good game*.

All the PS3's in the world didn't die a few weeks ago - you can still play games, and that's the whole point of even having a console. Sure, you can't do multi, but soon you will, and you're getting loads of freebies from Sony to pay you back for your lost online time.

My cake is delicious enough that I could eat it all day long, sorry.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
I'm simply giving over since I don't feel like discussing it any further. I think that Sony as a company deserved every right to be properly defended, their contribution to the video game industry is massive and they're doing everything in their power to set things straight. There are no wrongs and rights in this discussion simply because Online is a personal choice - some gamers treat it as the main event and some treat it like an addition.

For me, a video game that doesn't have a well-developed single player campaign with decent replay value is just *not a good game*.

All the PS3's in the world didn't die a few weeks ago - you can still play games, and that's the whole point of even having a console. Sure, you can't do multi, but soon you will, and you're getting loads of freebies from Sony to pay you back for your lost online time.

My cake is delicious enough that I could eat it all day long, sorry.
Thank you for your reply; moreover, thank you for proving my point. Happy split-screen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
now in order to play with someone in the same household as you, you have to have 2 ps3, tvs, and games, it's redclious, people lean on online so much that if it's taken away it's almost like a drug

My thoughts exactly. I mean, if most of the "good" games don't even feature splitscreen, why have multiple pads support in the first place? A splitscreen option should be *mandatory* for every single multiplayer game in existence.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my favorite part is that they are probably building and entire network from almost scratch in about 2 months. they spent years on the ps3 and couldn't get that right...PSN down till 2015 FTW!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
jalaneme said:
You see why I hate online gaming so much? People buy stuff from the store and can't acess their stuff, just imagine what it would be like near the end of the ps3s life when Sony shut down psn for good a lot of people will be angy.

On top of that the era of dlc makes more reliance on psn even more that's why the old days of the ps2 ps1 will always be the best!
What the hell are you on about? Only 2 games bought from the store cannot be accessed and they are both due to the DRM Capcom has placed on them. Everything else works fine, except online gaming which honestly is still non-essential.

and i have those 2 games. and i still need to beat one of them. BC:2 RA!! now on topic this is really pissing me off they lied last week. and i bet they are lying again. (well maybe lying) i don't have an RL friends around me but there is one thing for sure i need to rip some heads off on people on MK. i use to love single player games and now i don't (for some odd reason) but still what does it stand for us online fans nothing but i'm going tell sony this!! if it's not on by the 31 i'm so fuck you guys and going buy a different system to then this should not be happing it's almost like the video game crash of 83

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
QUOTE said:
now in order to play with someone in the same household as you, you have to have 2 ps3, tvs, and games, it's redclious, people lean on online so much that if it's taken away it's almost like a drug

My thoughts exactly. I mean, if most of the "good" games don't even feature splitscreen, why have multiple pads support in the first place? A splitscreen option should be *mandatory* for every single multiplayer game in existence.

exactly, especially for people who don't even have online at all, it's not a option for them, on top of that you have made a good point about the extra game pads, why do we need them anymore lol

QUOTE(Foxi4 @ May 9 2011, 03:01 PM)

well said man. +1 most recent game devs abandon single player because the online part of the game is so much popular, it's a shame really, that why when i buy games i always make sure it has a decent single player first before anything else.

bassgs 435

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Foxi4 said:
QUOTE said:

exactly, especially for people who don't even have online at all, it's not a option for them, on top of that you have made a good point about the extra game pads, why do we need them anymore lol

QUOTE(Foxi4 @ May 9 2011, 03:01 PM)

well said man. +1 most recent game devs abandon single player because the online part of the game is so much popular, it's a shame really, that why when i buy games i always make sure it has a decent single player first before anything else.
I completely agree. I like online for random matches and all in games like RG2 o NUNS2. but they're fun offline too. this gen has created online fanboys that can't apreciate the joy of good ol' offline. there are a lot of classical games that were fun and didn't have online at all . and they were still good and ejoyable. this gen depends too much on the online.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PSN May never come. my pun kinda sucks but at least I gave it a try

Well at least I have my 3DS, Class of Heroes 3D x 3D comes in July and Senran Kagura in August, and even single player games on the PS3 and PSP like Gundam Memories and Atelier Meruru in June. I also have the PS Front Mission games and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 2 as PS classics bought way before the hack.

Conclusion: Don't need the PSN right now.

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
The 1 month free PS+ is gonna be a bit shit for those of us who are PS+ subscribers already as that will most likely only cover the actual downtime of what we would of had anyway, they should make it 2 months free.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Stewy12 said:
The 1 month free PS+ is gonna be a bit shit for those of us who are PS+ subscribers already as that will most likely only cover the actual downtime of what we would of had anyway, they should make it 2 months free.
It's double for those who were already using the service.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk