Sonic Colors DS/Wii scans (Nintendo Power)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This month's Nintendo Power has the first look at the newly announced Sonic game for DS and Wii- Sonic Colors. It lives up to its name for sure, being very quirky and colorful. Have a look-

100_0977.jpg
100_0968.jpg
100_0967.jpg

100_0982.jpg
100_0978.jpg
100_0981.jpg

5pho5x.png
100_0979.jpg
100_0980.jpg

14jqiqp.png
w0pe0i.png

It was rumored last week that the Storybook team that made Secret Rings and Black Knight is working on the Wii version. Looks to be the case. And Dimps (Sonic Rush) is rumored to be working on the DS version. Makes sense if that's true. It looks just like Sonic Rush 3 in fact. Even has the Rush gauge it looks like. Looks like the Wii version plays similarly to the day stages in Sonic Unleashed. At any rate, there you go. It has been confirmed to be playable at E3, so we'll get some better screens and video then.

As for the source, i'd give it, but these screens were posted at a popular Sonic hacking site. They host copyrighted commercial roms, so it's not something i can link to without suffering dire consequences. Hope these screens are enough proof. I take full responsibility for not having a source and other mods can deleted this topic if they deem it inappropriate without a source.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So basically, Sega are finally making two Sonic games from the best bits of their recent, most successful outings?
Daytime Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Rush 3? The fans may finally be pleased!

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
syko5150 said:
hmm i think that if this game fails Sega should drop sonic and move on to better things
That'd be like asking Nintendo to drop Mario, or rather, to drop dead.
well they keep attempting to please their Sonic fans and failing where as Nintendo keeps succeeding with Mario so they would have no need to ever drop him...Sega has plenty of other great series that they ignore completely to focus on making horrible Sonic games...other then the classic Sonic games there's what like 3 or 4 Sonic games in the past 15 or so years that are good? that means that well over half of the games are terrible.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Sega just needs to concentrate on what we like instead of trying to push no things on us. We like the classic sonics and we liked sonic adventures.....Sonic Heroes was a good idea and even Shadow the hedgehog was pretty good...after that.....Just stick to what we like and when its time try something new.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SEGA will continue to produce the same old stuff as long as stupid people continue to buy their crap. They listen to sales, not words. If their games don't sell, a company will either fix what is causing the sale loss, or they will simply die out.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping it would look good, but in my opinion, it looks like another side-scrolling game where you can just run through the levels without really doing anything. I like the Sonic Adventure games, because it's more than that. You actually have to do things besides running through a linear level.

Yeah, I know the first Sonic games were linear, but they need to do something different with the series instead of making linear games (I say linear a lot because that's what it is).

I want a good adventure game (Not the recent 3D Sonic platformer crap), I want to do missions and be able to run around trying to find things, not speeding through a side-scrolling level hoping I don't run into an enemy. I want to be able to control what direction Sonic goes in, not just moving him left and right and making him jump when he needs to (I'm referring to the newer 3D games like Secret Rings and such).

/rant

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
SEGA will continue to produce the same old stuff as long as stupid people continue to buy their crap. They listen to sales, not words. If their games don't sell, a company will either fix what is causing the sale loss, or they will simply die out.

True...meaning we as fans will have to realize this and stop buying the crap. Rent it and if its good go buy it.....if not, then screw it.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
RupeeClock said:
So basically, Sega are finally making two Sonic games from the best bits of their recent, most successful outings?
The DS version should be very good. It's by the developers of Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure and the upcoming Sonic 4. They also made the daytime stages from Sonic Unleashed.

The Wii version, on the other hand, is developed by the people behind Sonic and the Black Knight, the single worst Sonic game to date. I'm very skeptical about that game. Still, The Black Knight had potential (the graphics, for example, were really good), so they might actually make a good game.

tl;dr: the DS version will rock, the Wii version might.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
RupeeClock said:
The DS version should be very good. It's by the developers of Sonic Advance 1, 2 and 3, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure and the upcoming Sonic 4. They also made the daytime stages from Sonic Unleashed.

The Wii version, on the other hand, is developed by the people behind Sonic and the Black Knight, the single worst Sonic game to date. I'm very skeptical about that game. Still, The Black Knight had potential (the graphics, for example, were really good), so they might actually make a good game.

tl;dr: the DS version will rock, the Wii version might.
It's worth mentioning that Dimp's games have been getting progressively worse though.
Sonic Rush wasn't quite as good as Sonic Advance 3, then Sonic Rush Adventure was not quite as good as Sonic Rush...and Sonic 4 looks to be absolutely terrible, to say the least.

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, the most enjoyment I got from Sonic games came from the chao garden. Perhaps we'll see a reincarnation of it in these games much like how you could interact with the Sonic Adventure series via your GBA.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RupeeClock said:
Sonic Rush wasn't quite as good as Sonic Advance 3, then Sonic Rush Adventure was not quite as good as Sonic Rush...and Sonic 4 looks to be absolutely terrible, to say the least.
I disagree. Sonic Rush was different but still very good and stage-wise i think SRA was even a little better then the original SR (even though both were great games).

And one shouldn`t forget, that Sonic Team did the daytime-stages for Sonic Unleashed on PS360, which were pretty good... If they concentrate just on Sonic these two games have potential.

But normally I have the same expectation as Maikel Steneker: the DS version, if it is anything like SR(A) will be very good and the Wii-version might be good, if they take the daytime-stages of Unleashed and concentrate just one them.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow that actually looks like fun, unlike all the other "modern" Sonic titles. I love the donut scene.. maybe just because it's the clearest of the screenshots.. But it looks great.

I guess these are all screens from the Wii version? Only the fifth pic with those jelly pudding things in various colors and the 8th pic might be from the DS.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
DS Version :
Looks like sonic rush, but one thing is that we don't know if it'll have the boost (if it has attacks/Special moves instead of it like Sonic Advance, GOOD)

Wii Version :
Looks like Sonic Unleashed Day time stages, Awesome! just add more spin dash
wink.gif

but most of all, i'm hoping for more playable characters, as in knuckles and tails, and not blaze (which has very little difference to sonic's gameplay, which is stupid)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
I was hoping it would look good, but in my opinion, it looks like another side-scrolling game where you can just run through the levels without really doing anything. I like the Sonic Adventure games, because it's more than that. You actually have to do things besides running through a linear level.

Yeah, I know the first Sonic games were linear, but they need to do something different with the series instead of making linear games (I say linear a lot because that's what it is).

I want a good adventure game (Not the recent 3D Sonic platformer crap), I want to do missions and be able to run around trying to find things, not speeding through a side-scrolling level hoping I don't run into an enemy. I want to be able to control what direction Sonic goes in, not just moving him left and right and making him jump when he needs to (I'm referring to the newer 3D games like Secret Rings and such).

/rant
like those games , just which I had more control. :/ As in the stories was a good idea and they look good too.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been a Sonic fan since the very beginning and I'm pretty sure I've played every Sonic game in existance. I was shaken to my very core when I played Sonic 2006. It made me lose my faith in humanity. Then Sonic Unleashes came along and the day stages were awesome, the night stages were OK but simply don't belong in a Sonic game. Neither were a match for the sheer brilliance of the originals. Ironicly the handheld selection seems to have gone the opposite way. They started off mostly crap with stuff like Sonic Labyrinth and the like, then the GBA came along and saved us all. But I've just about had it with Sonic's fall from grace. A fall that's taken him from the peak of excellence into a face-dive straight into a big steamy pile of shit. This is the last time I'm gonna put my childhood memories on the line, Sega. Fuck it up this time and you'll have convinced the mst die-hard Sonic fan (who actually finished Sonic 2006 simply to maintain his record) that he's officially dead. Then I shall have to kill you. /rant

TLDR: Sega, so help me God if you fuck this up I will come to your office and go Wolvie-Berzerk style on yo' asses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: remember the Michael Jackson episodes?