Gaming some questions regarding GEN(a or b, whatever)

Dio141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so here's the thing: i read on some sites that gen's only problem is supporting some plugins( i just use pops and cxmb) and themes, but themes are possible to convert...and emulators i read too that most of them doesn't work, but i just google and there's a gpsp version that works on gen b, which is the only emulator i do use... and it looks like SC:BD only works on geb b...

so here are the questions: should i update? there are other emulators that work on gen? if i want to Downgrade back to m33-6, how i do it?

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What PSP version are you using? You only really want GEN B for the PSN store or games like Resistance Retribution Infrastructure. GEN CFW is unstable compared to M33. Themes work for both. Overall, I heard M33 is better. If you want to downgrade, you either need a Pandora's battery or Hellcat's flasher, I'm not sure if Hellcat's flasher works though, I heard contradictory statements of it's workings.

Dio141

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my psp version is 1001, and like i said, the number of games that only works on gen is increasing. and what you mean by unstable? it just stops working or something like that? and i heard that there are other FW's like MHU and U3R. are they better?

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, don't you mean the number of games that only work on 5.55 is increasing, not 5.50? Unstable as in crashes/issues with certain plugins as you said above. I have no idea about the other firmwares as I don't use them. I heard that M33 is the best. They're really the same you could say, some people prefer one over the other. Theres no real problem with it except for personal preferences.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dio141 said:
my psp version is 1001, and like i said, the number of games that only works on gen is increasing. and what you mean by unstable? it just stops working or something like that?

since I switched to GEN i've had all my system settings disappear, my GPS software has become unreliable, and occassionally games just won't load. a reboot fixes it, but it was NEVER an issue with M33 firmware

that being said, I went to GEN for some multiplayer and PSN stuff, but I'll be flashing back to M33 soonish

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
CWCHEAT activated will crash some of your PSP games with GEN B so Im going back to M33. The only game I want for GEN B is the IdolM@ster SP but it's patched so Im going back to M33.

How do you downgrade without pandora? Im going to search google right away.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
If you want to downgrade from 5.50 GEN-B (FULL) to 5.00 M33-6 directly, you follow this step.

please download Hellcat's Flash Recovery 1.60 here http://pspslimhacks.com/hellcats-recovery-...n-for-hen-mode/

then download the 5.00 OFW here http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-500-m33-6-released/

ignore the M33-6 file

you can reset the CFW and you're good to go. I just tried it with no problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Vs4xJPH5U

Good luck on downgrading. I can confirm this works. People says it's not working are a bunch of bullshit.

Now that I downgraded, what benefits should I obtain aside from stable firmware?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
TO avoid being bricked, NEVER TOUCH THE POWER SWITCH AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN RECOVERING PROCESS.

in other means, I see no reason for you bricking your PSP in that method of downgrading. Someone kindly enlighten me on brick case while downgrading?

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Chris_Skylock said:
If you want to downgrade from 5.50 GEN-B (FULL) to 5.00 M33-6 directly, you follow this step.

please download Hellcat's Flash Recovery 1.60 here http://pspslimhacks.com/hellcats-recovery-...n-for-hen-mode/

then download the 5.00 OFW here http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-500-m33-6-released/

ignore the M33-6 file

you can reset the CFW and you're good to go. I just tried it with no problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Vs4xJPH5U

Good luck on downgrading. I can confirm this works. People says it's not working are a bunch of bullshit.

Now that I downgraded, what benefits should I obtain aside from stable firmware?

so, you confirm its working...
do you have a psp1000 ?
i have and its NOT working, i get error messages on start already (missing prxs)
and the "downgrade" fails and just deletes my settings
also it says "HEN mode" detected i only have a 5.50 GEN-B, but no HEN mode ( i didn't install that)

the psp in the video is a slim

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
you didnt mentioned you have a PSP 1000.

when you say "deletes my settings", what do you mean?

I used the video by someone else because I have a slim. I tried on my 2 hackable PSP 2001 and the all work and downgraded successfully.

Again, you didnt mentioned you have an original PSP 1000.

I was reffering to the people who have PSP2000 not working. I saw many people complain.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Chris_Skylock said:
you didnt mentioned you have a PSP 1000.
i only posted once in this thread, now twice, did i ?

back to the real problem:
hellcats software did not metion, it was limited to psp-2000, does it ?
or did i miss that ?

deletes my settings means:
- i have to choose the language (and the other stuff under settings (like key sounds, time, date,...)
- thew background pic is deselected (but still there as wallpaper)
- the recovery menu options are resetted (skip sony logo, show pic1 from psx games,...)

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hellcat's flasher works on 1000's. HEN mode is the mode you're in when you run ChickHEN but I'm not sure why you get that since I assume you're running CFW 5.00 M33?

To back up your flash, I believe for PSP 2000's, you go to the recovery menu by powering on while holding R. Then go to your configurations and change your USB mode from Memory stick to Flash0. I'm not sure as I only own a PSP 3000 but that should be close. Copy and paste all 5 files to a secure location where you can access it later.

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrgone said:
i run 5.50 GEN-B
i wanna downgrade because - compared to 5.00 m33 - there are features missing (video playback)
i think downgrading is as simple as using hellcat recovery flasher to install M33 again.
DO NOT DO WHAT I SAY without knowing it works xD

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looking into this Hako seems to have the definitive answer

5.50 GEN-B Update

But 5.50 GEN-B Back to 5.00 M33-6 ..> You have need Pandoras battery..

So to get back to 5.00M33 from 5.50 Gen B you must re Pandora, from Gen A you can run Hellcats recovery flasher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings