Hacking Some FAQ For The New 3.0 BETA Update

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I managed to get the exploit working on my 9.2 3DS, but now everytime I trigger the exploit it goes directly into GW Mode, I doesn't let me Back up my sysnad or install cias. Should I try the exploit without the red card in the 3ds or is there some button I should be holding down? (keep in mind it's my first time using GW)

Try holding L.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated the FAQ some more, however I haven't put in anything regarding emuNAND because I'm unsure of the state of it and I don't have a spare SD card right now I can test with on my 9.2 3DS, but from what others are saying I think it works? Not 100% though.

Reactions: AdowTatep

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I get the blue card to work on 9.2 3DS XL?
Downloaded the 3.0 files and put the files from the r4i foler on the blue card and the launcher.dat on the 3DS SD card, however an error shows up when I boot the blue gateway card.
What should I do?

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Update the FAQ some more, however I haven't put in anything regarding emuNAND because I'm unsure of the state of it and I don't have a spare SD card right now I can test with on my 9.2 3DS, but from what others are saying I think it works? Not 100% though.
I am terribly curious about emunand. I hope it works without downgrading...

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I get the blue card to work on 9.2 3DS XL?
Downloaded the 3.0 files and put the files from the r4i foler on the blue card and the launcher.dat on the 3DS SD card, however an error shows up when I boot the blue gateway card.
What should I do?
This is one of the questions on the FAQ. The blue card is not needed and cannot be used on 9.2. It is blocked.

SaintTsubasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Try holding L.

Will try that. (Edit: Worked like a charm, thanks!)
Also, does the SD card (the one that goes inside the 3ds with the Launcher.dat) have to be 4GB or less? Or can I use my 32GB one with all my paid e-shop games?
And how do you install .cia files with this new GW fw?

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Will try that. Also, does the SD card (the one that goes inside the 3ds with the Launcher.dat) have to be 4GB or less? Or can I use my 32GB one with all my paid e-shop games?

Is that from the 3DS you're running the exploit on or a different one? If it's the same then it should be fine, if it's different then another 3DS can't use content from another one.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have some questions (i dont know if this is the place tho ask them, but they'll get buried in the other thread).

-Do I need to use the browser everytime i turn my 3DS on?

-Can I use mi DStwo (or another DS flashcard) after using this right?

Yes and it should.

I just tried loading Cooking Mama 3 and Sonic Rush off of my R4i 3DS GOLD and it works like a dream!

Reactions: Phantom_User

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
No problem, hope you're all up and running now! :)

Yup, got it working on the home menu, just dumping sysnand now. I don't suppose you could answer whether a system transfer is now possible between this 3DS XL and a new 3DS XL I'm expecting to get on monday? I want to keep my new 3DS XL official, but want to keep my current 3DS XL for gateway/homebrew.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Quick question
Can i remove and reinsert the sd card in the main menu of the gateway menu (the menu right after the browser exploit)?.
Also , can i do something more in this menu? ( i'm done with the nand backup) because i don´t have the gateway card yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...