Hacking Softmodding tutorial for japanese black 4.1J Wii needed...

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
timthedevil87 said:
So does this mean that the store I bought my wii from didn't modify it correctly?
And u recommend I use this tutorial?
And it's best to install cIOSCORP v3.4 or else I can't play copied games?

Thx for replying, G0dLiKe u sure are a god XD
Lookin 4ward for ur advice

Maybe the store didnt mod it the right way, dunno bout that(hopefully you didnt have to pay more for it than retail price^^)...

I recommend this guide, yes. When you do exactly what it says, nothing can go wrong. Take your time and read what every program does to your Wii and dont push buttons like mad, processes takes their time.

cIOSCORP, well I have 3.1 installed, as it works best for me but 3.4 is the latest revision so it should be up to date. I would say the following, if you gonna play backup games via DVD, cIOSCORP and preloader regionfree hacks are the way to play, if you prefer to play games via USB HD you can skip cIOSCORP. You can also play backups via backup launcher or Gecko OS 1.9.2(you´ll find more info here on the site- I didnt take it into my tutorial because I personally dont use them so...)

Posts merged

QUOTE(bazamuffin @ Sep 28 2009, 06:38 PM) An awful lot of bother here, just to have a black U or E console. Why not just do a re-case?

Would be a possibility too^^but hey, when its possible to region change your Wii... last problem for me here in Europe would be to find an universal power adapter for ma Wii, the ones which dont care if they get 110 or 220 volts input...

timthedevil87

Trophies
XP
Country
OK I'll give it a shot, but I'll go buy a bigger SD card 1st then try this tutorial out
Thx G0dLiKe, I'll let u kno how I get on.

***G0dLiKe, the G0d who solves all your problems***

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
some quick question...

so that means you can still use any region changer to region change a wii and update it to SM4.2? i tought region change wii's are getting error #003 when updated to SM4.2 or that problem is just for region changed korean wii's and still safe region changing jap->us/eu or eu->us. btw i'm just tlaking about 4.2X to 4.2X with anyregion changer

and what happens when you are on a official 4.2 update in nintendo servers can you still do that region change on jap and eu wii's?

i' just concered since i have a jap 4.1 wii and my friend has a eu 4.2 wii which he want's me to region change to us so he could use it on his regular non multi-system tv.

and i install , preloader, bootmii in boot2, homebrew channel, disable diagnostic disk check on preloader and might try and get indiapawns save file and get a gamecube controller and drive chip with autoboot i might get around that 003 error just in case.

and last it is still safe to go from sm4.2 to 4.1 or thats a no, no, just want to get a glimps of that 4.2..try to hack it and go back to 4.1 if possible, is not i'll just stick with 4.1

aria1810

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Euh I have a problem allready. When I do the 2)trucha bug thing-downgrade on the 4.2, it gives me this:

Could not open file: sd:/IOS15-64-v266.wad
Could not open file: sd:/IOS15-64-v266.wad.out.wad
Downgrade failed
Press any button to.......

When I tried the 4.1, it doesnt downgrade eather, it goes to setp one, and then gets an error.

What's the deal here?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
aria1810 said:
Euh I have a problem allready. When I do the 2)trucha bug thing-downgrade on the 4.2, it gives me this:

Downgrade failed

When I tried the 4.1, it doesnt downgrade eather, it goes to setp one, and then gets an error.

What's the deal here?

When you´re already on 4.2 please stick to xzxero´s guide here: xzxero´s guide

aria1810

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
G0dLiKe said:
aria1810 said:

Downgrade failed

What's the deal here?

When you´re already on 4.2 please stick to xzxero´s guide here: xzxero´s guide

ok thanks I'll check it out!

aria1810

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks to you and xzxero! I maneged to make it, mixing and matching some of xzxeros files with yours. and it worked! thanks dude you guys are awsome!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
aria1810 said:
Thanks to you and xzxero! I maneged to make it, mixing and matching some of xzxeros files with yours. and it worked! thanks dude you guys are awsome!

NP mate. Keep on playing!

aria1810

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
I think I still have one more problem... I could not play SSBB and Mario Galaxy cos the screen froze before the "please put the strap on ....". It allways became black and stuck there. So I formated the system. Now the games work perfectly, but when I tried to install HBC with bannerbomb, it says that it can't go further cos the system has no vulnerable IOS. I'm using HackMiiv0.6 which is the latest I think. What sould I do?

I forgot to add... I tried out wyndcrosser's tut (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183060&st=0) but it's giving me a black screen, similar to samusaran2311's problem (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183296).

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
aria1810 said:
I think I still have one more problem... I could not play SSBB and Mario Galaxy cos the screen froze before the "please put the strap on ....". It allways became black and stuck there. So I formated the system. Now the games work perfectly, but when I tried to install HBC with bannerbomb, it says that it can't go further cos the system has no vulnerable IOS. I'm using HackMiiv0.6 which is the latest I think. What sould I do?

I forgot to add... I tried out wyndcrosser's tut (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183060&st=0) but it's giving me a black screen, similar to samusaran2311's problem (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183296).

Did you install the optional cIOSCORP? If so than this is why you dont have a vulnerable IOS. cIOSCORP survives formatting and stuff.

Use Det1re´s Uncorp to get rid of cIOSCORP, it replaces all cioscorped IOS´s with clean hardcored NUS IOS.

Then you can run HackMii installer with no problems.

aria1810

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
G0dLiKe said:
aria1810 said:

Did you install the optional cIOSCORP? If so than this is why you dont have a vulnerable IOS. cIOSCORP survives formatting and stuff.

Use Det1re´s Uncorp to get rid of cIOSCORP, it replaces all cioscorped IOS´s with clean hardcored NUS IOS.

Then you can run HackMii installer with no problems.
I had problems before, like playing SSBB, Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports. I have succeded in playing the following without problem: Rock Band and NFS PS. Will Det1re´s Uncorp make my Wii capable of playing the other games?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Det1re´s Uncorp replaces cIOSCORPED IOS with clean hardcored NUS IOS.

This will get you clean IOS back on your Wii without having any stub IOS.

Did you install the Hermes cIOS? 202, 222, 223 as I say in the guide?

Are you playing right through the disc channel?

Edit: BTW, formatting your Wii when Homebrew is on it isn´t a good idea at all. But we gonna get your problems solved.

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi every one !

Thank you so much for this guide ! I am finishing a 4.2 J to 4.2 E via 4.0 E downgrade

as my friend that wrote in this forum, i have to mix your 4.2 and any wii xzxero guide for to make it

The two steps that i have to mix are :
1)
his truchabug restore seems to be different (not same size in ko) and his is 4.2 compatible and allowed me to IOS15 restore
So i used trucha restore from xzxero

2)
and then before waninkoko IOS rev 14 (otherwise i was stuck with -1035 error)
I use Any Title deleter as an extra needed step

i had to do "Deleting stub IOS's"
Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Go to System Titles and press A.
Select IOS222 and press A to delete.
Select IOS223 and press A to delete.
Select IOS249 and press A to delete.
Select IOS250 and press A to delete.

after that no worry... I am done with it... SUCESS

I SKIP DUPLICATE CHANEL REMOVER because i only have two in japanese (meteo and another one not yet identified) and Info and shop channel in pal so i just hidden them. I never use them anyway.

Thanks for all

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
frenchderf said:
Hi every one !

Thank you so much for this guide ! I am finishing a 4.2 J to 4.2 E via 4.0 E downgrade

as my friend that wrote in this forum, i have to mix your 4.2 and any wii xzxero guide for
1)
his truchabug restore seems to be different (not same size in ko) and his is 4.2 compatible and allowed me to IOS15 restore

2)
and then before waninkoko IOS rev 14 (otherwise i was stuck with -1035 error)
i had to do "Deleting stub IOS's"
Run Any Title Deleter DB
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Go to System Titles and press A.
Select IOS222 and press A to delete.
Select IOS223 and press A to delete.
Select IOS249 and press A to delete.
Select IOS250 and press A to delete.

after that no worry... I am currently finishing safe 4.2 update...

Thanks for all

NP mate, glad it helped you.

As for my guide... it´s for all Wiis up to 4.1, you were on 4.2 already, this is why some apps did not work.

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GodLike,

Everything is working now. I have to reset many setting in usbloader_gx to launch games.
After doing some searches, i found out that the guide is not making a 100% 4.2E because it leave the Video Game Console to NTSC (J?). I saw it with Waninkoko Anyregion changer 1.1b from his own site. I cannot change it because of a -1017 error un sysconf while writing the setting.

I saw a version 1.1.2 for korean region change but did not dare to use it yet.

That is why some of people write getting a black or green screen on starting games. Changing video settings of each game in USBloader_gx allows to play them all (? not tested all yet)

If you know something to set Video Game Console to PAL

Thank you

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
This is odd because if done correctly this guide will make your Wii 100% US or PAL. Maybe the "problem" is that you´ve already been on 4.2...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: