I like your style

edit:
-searched :
cause 002 wii
-read
-replaced softchip 99 with 100
-enabled appropriate

-profited

thanks for your help....I appreciate you doing it this way !

alexjrock

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Translated by google .....

Hi,

I regret not speak 100% English, I learned a lot in this forum, and I really really like the homebrew on the wii.

I need someone to help me with this issue of softChip, I need the following configuration by default:

QUOTE said:
Default IOS: IOS 249 (rev14)

Game's Languaje: System Default
Patch Country Strings: Disabled
September Video Mode using: Force Wii region
Fake IOS version: Enabled
Request Load IOS: Enabled
Autoboot: Enable
Silent: Disable
Logging: Disable

I have knowledge of c++ 30% but I could not properly handle the DevkitPro.

I hope someone can help me with this compilation since I need to play GH5 and RB2. My port of the Wii SD harm, so I could no longer use the SoftChip.

Thanks.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Using softchip + showmiiwads + cioscorp ensures high compatability and makes it easy.

Incase you never noticed showmiiwads 1.2 now can change where IOS are installed and then repack the wad.

So you can keep your original IOS and install the cioscorp wads to other slots EG cIOS36 > cIOS136, using softchip you can run a game from that slot.

I've not played about with this yet, but I will
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slimmmmmm said:
Using softchip + showmiiwads + cioscorp ensures high compatability and makes it easy.

Incase you never noticed showmiiwads 1.2 now can change where IOS are installed and then repack the wad.

So you can keep your original IOS and install the cioscorp wads to other slots EG cIOS36 > cIOS136, using softchip you can run a game from that slot.

smile.gif

That defeats the point of cioscorp. Cioscorp is for disc channel backups and IOS Reloading games. Well mostly, while your method only helps the instrument games.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Slimmmmmm said:

smile.gif

That defeats the point of cioscorp. Cioscorp is for disc channel backups and IOS Reloading games. Well mostly, while your method only helps the instrument games.

No my method does a few more things too
smile.gif

You can have as many cios installed as you wish, you of all people will know some work better with some games than others.
wink.gif

*EDIT*
Thought I'd re-edit rather than post again.
Yes I know about the problems with some games, but my point is that games that need a cIOS "in the right place" some people don't like this because they don't like replacing ISO with cioscorp IOS, my point is they can patch the game to run off a different slot EG 136 for IOS 36 requesting games, and install the cioscorp wad to that slot by using showmiiwads.
This way they CAN use that game, BUT they can ALSO keep the original IOS 36 on their system. Best of both worlds is my point.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's only intrument and wifi games that have trouble with the cIOS. There are more IOS Reloading games than that group. And IOS Reloading games only work IOS version patched, or if they are 002 games at the same time, they only work with the cioscorp cIOS in the right places.

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi WiiPower, I have a simple question that has been bothering me since cios rev15 was launched. Is there any "universal launcher" for discs? I know that

1) Neogamma + cIOS rev15 throws 001 error
2) Neogamma + cIOS rev14 causes DL and dumping errors
3) Neogamma + cIOS rev13b- has compatibility issues with newest games.

I ve read that probably Softchip r101 has fixed all these errors but I m not sure. There s not much information about it. Does SoftChip r101 + cIOS rev15 solve the error 001 with the option Enable/Disable Sam & Max fix? Does it solve any other known error?

Thanks for you answer.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
claud10 said:
Hi WiiPower, I have a simple question that has been bothering me since cios rev15 was launched. Is there any "universal launcher" for discs? [...]

Funny place to ask this question. If you get the different cIOS installed into different IOS slots, you can play every game with SoftChip. But it's complicated, some games just have special requirements. Until now New Super Mario Bros needs to be patched, and for IOS Reloading games you better install the matching cIOS.

sak50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo wii power if you dont mind helping me... Im thinking sofchip may be the answer to my problem..I recently updated my wii to cios 38 rev 14 to play the new super mario bros but now RB2, RBBeatles and all track packs dont work, meaning the drums and guitar dont sync up..(the mic does though)...The only one that works is RB1 because I bought this one. Any ideas??? I also use the latest neogamma to load games..

Sketter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Until WiiPower allows neogamma to work under different IOS's, you will need to use softchip, and choose 222 or 223.

Oh you'll also need to install those. uumm... Here

then load softchip and change the loaders ios.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick and dirty: Get cIOS37 from cioscorp, install it and select IOS37 in SoftChip. All games using usb intruments should work with it.

Sketter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Quick and dirty: Get cIOS37 from cioscorp, install it and select IOS37 in SoftChip. All games using usb intruments should work with it.

Are you against other cios?

Why haven't you let neogamma use others?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sketter said:
WiiPower said:

Are you against other cios?

Why haven't you let neogamma use others?

Yes i'm against other cIOS, that's why i'm one of the SoftChip developers...

I'm too lazy to write Hermes support for NeoGamma or IOS selection code for it. That's all.

sak50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiipower i dont care if you are tooo lazy i want to try both is there a channel wad you have for soft chip....? and if anyone else has one for u loader thanks

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I have been unable to compile the latest revision myself. I have even tried reinstalling devkitPro and redownloading the softchip source, I always get the same error. This is what I get.

D:\Wii\SoftChip\loader>make
main.cpp
In file included from d:/Wii/SoftChip/loader/include/SoftChip.h:23,
from d:/Wii/SoftChip/loader/source/main.cpp:18:
d:/Wii/SoftChip/loader/include/Storage.h:33: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration
of 'FILE' with no type
d:/Wii/SoftChip/loader/include/Storage.h:33: error: expected ';' before '*' toke
n
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

Sorry about the mess, code tags don't seem to be working for me. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi