Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader

masaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auto DevKit original pack: compiling OK but has fat problem
devkitProUpdater-1.4.7: compiling error 1(forgot the error message)
devkitProUpdater-1.4.7 + latest Libfat+libogc :complile error 2
(Error: TEXT segment 0 memory size (0xda520) does not equal file size (0x5fd00))
Auto DevKit + latest Libfat+libogc:All work fine
*Auto DevKit downloaded here:

sess said:
Do I need to install or do anything if I'm using the Auto DevKit? It compiled just fine for me...

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
@Everybody with the strange compiling errors:
Did you all upgrade from "Auto DevKit"?

nope, fresh install of the latest devkitPPC, with updated libogc and libofat from GIT

EDIT: Just replaced my devkitPPC folder with the one contained in Auto DevKit and now it compiles fine :\, looks like a problem with elf2dol.exe in the latest devkitPPC ??? This exe isnt even included in the old devkitPPC, but if I remove it from the 'latest' build of devkitPPC it complains it cant find it at the elf>dol compiling stage

EDIT 2 : Just checked out the difference between wii_rules file from both builds

From "Auto DevKit"
CODEifeq ($(strip $(DEVKITPPC)),)
$(error "Please set DEVKITPPC in your environment. export DEVKITPPC=devkitPro/devkitPPC)
endif

exportÂÂÂÂLIBOGC_INCÂÂÂÂ:=ÂÂÂÂ$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/include
exportÂÂÂÂLIBOGC_LIBÂÂÂÂ:=ÂÂÂÂ$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/lib/wii

MACHDEP =ÂÂ-DGEKKO -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float

include $(DEVKITPPC)/base_rules

%.dol: %.elf
ÂÂÂÂ@echo output ... $(notdir $@)
ÂÂÂÂ@$(OBJCOPY)ÂÂ-O binary $< $@

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%.elf:
ÂÂÂÂ@echo linking ... $(notdir $@)
ÂÂÂÂ@$(LD)ÂÂ$^ $(LDFLAGS) $(LIBPATHS) $(LIBS) -o $@

From devkitPPC_r16
CODEifeq ($(strip $(DEVKITPPC)),)
$(error "Please set DEVKITPPC in your environment. export DEVKITPPC=devkitPro/devkitPPC)
endif

exportÂÂÂÂLIBOGC_INCÂÂÂÂ:=ÂÂÂÂ$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/include
exportÂÂÂÂLIBOGC_LIBÂÂÂÂ:=ÂÂÂÂ$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/lib/wii

MACHDEP =ÂÂ-DGEKKO -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float

include $(DEVKITPPC)/base_rules

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%.dol: %.elf
ÂÂÂÂ@echo output ... $(notdir $@)
ÂÂÂÂ@elf2dol $< $@

%.tpl : %.scf
ÂÂÂÂ@echo $(notdir $

luccax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The latest libfat doesn't like SoftChip, after fixing the compile problems here, it's impossible to open a file without crashes. I'll make more tests later, but for now, if you want to compile and use SoftChip, get the old libfat/libogc...

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I give one kind of a sugestion here? Something that shouldn't be hard (I think), make SoftChip show the current revision on the menu screen. Not really important, but yeah...
tongue.gif

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sess said:
Can I give one kind of a sugestion here? Something that shouldn't be hard (I think), make SoftChip show the current revision on the menu screen. Not really important, but yeah...
tongue.gif
If you mean on the banner, then that would be too hard, and pointless. There's a new revision of SoftChip at least twice a week, and changing and making the channel would take too much time just to show which revision it is. Also, many people use the linking channel, which wouldn't be updated with the revision because it was made for simplicity, so that you don't have to make a new one each time.

luccax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bad news, after solving the libfat issue, SoftChip won't load any games, it hangs on random locations... New libogc must be messing with something that we use...

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Summersett said:
If you mean on the banner, then that would be too hard, and pointless. There's a new revision of SoftChip at least twice a week, and changing and making the channel would take too much time just to show which revision it is. Also, many people use the linking channel, which wouldn't be updated with the revision because it was made for simplicity, so that you don't have to make a new one each time.

Not the banner, I meant on the menu where you choose the booting options. I mean, there has to be some code that you put in like "Current version: &currentv", and that string shows you automatically what revision you're using, you know what I mean? That way, even people using the linking channel (which I think is kind of lame
tongue.gif
) could see the current revision.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
luccax said:
Bad news, after solving the libfat issue, SoftChip won't load any games, it hangs on random locations... New libogc must be messing with something that we use...

Does Gamma/GeckoOs work with the newest libogc?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That would be nice.. but doubtful. These rev's for softchip have only small changes added and the typical person that doesn't know anything about coding (That would be me..) more than likely wouldn't know what the coder did. That said, I think that someone would definately post something like..hey new rev load fixes #002 error. It would be nice. But I haven't seen anything like that happen since I have been watching this project. The Softchip's compatibility is pretty even with Gamma. I wish I could shove my foot in my mouth and be wrong this time.
smile.gif

They are working hard and doing what they can with what they have (the coders).. so, I would not recommend wasting their time with silly questions. They will let you know if something significant happens with their revised updates. Good luck coders.

NeoGodSpeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone found a way to load a backup of NFS Undercover EUR or USA without getting a 002 error yet?

Other then having a chip installed just using a softchip type?

This is the only one I had a problem with so far....

anyone know of any other games that have the same error yet also?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: btw hi everyone