Hardware So what kind of CD is the Zelda OST used from?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to replicate it so I have a copy of my own and one for a friend who doesnt have a 3DS yet but is a Zelda fan. Whats the best way of getting it to look like the OST CD as best as possible?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping for a more specific answer.

Like was it a DVD-R used? What would you recommend to get the actual image into the CD, I wanna make it look authentic.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ deathking

You meant to say "Blank CD" right? Just wanted to make sure. Anyways I just wanted to ask in case there are different kinds of CDs as there are to DVDs.

What kind of CDs would I go about getting to get the art printed onto it.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I being trolled? It's just a normal CD with some art on the front. It's not a DVD (hurr) or anything else, just a normal CD. Download the art then press it on.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to remember... kids these days hardly know what CDs are... They grew up with CDs already being replaced by other mediums.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
koji2009 said:
You have to remember... kids these days hardly know what CDs are... They grew up with CDs already being replaced by other mediums.

lol.. so true!! of course its on a cd! oh man.. i love these kinds of posts!
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

koji2009 said:

Anyone else remember these?

FloppyDisks.jpg

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
brandonspikes said:
koji2009 said:

Anyone else remember these?

snip

Dude, remember these?
biggrin.gif

floppy8.gif

On topic: Just using normal write and printable CD's will work okay. There will still be some white on them since they're not perfect in that way. also, the under side of the disk will be of some greenish color, not like retail CD's.. So authencity ends there.
But honestly, why care so overly much about authencity when it clearly isn't authentic, nor meant to be? (Hope you're not going to try to sell them on ebay to make an easy buck)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, music CD's bought in a store are "pressed" in a machining process, not written like a CDR. As long as there is no copy protection on the original disk, you can use just about any old CD copying program to copy it to a CDR. But if the original disk IS copy-protected, just use a program like Exact Audio Copy (since it ignores the copy-protection and just looks for the audio files) to "rip" the music to a high bitrate MP3 (or whatever other audio format you prefer) then burn it to the CDR as a music CD. It will turn the MP3's (or whatever) back into standard CD audio files on the copy. Another thing to keep in mind, not all CD players will play burned audio CD's. Most will, but some just won't. So maybe just giving your friend the MP3's would suffice.

As far as the labeling of a CDR.....well, you could use a lightscribe drive, but they generally only print in black & white, not to mention the CDR has to be lightscribe compatible and they usually only print plain text. There does exist special paper you could buy to print a replica of the design of the original disk, but you'd have to scan the original disk in a scanner to get the design, then you have to have the correct program (and a printer that will cooperate) to print to that special disk label, then stick it on the CDR.

I imagine there are newer ways to copy the imagery of an original disk to a CDR that I'm not aware of, but it's likely you'd have to spend more money to do it than it's worth.

It's MUCH easier to just copy the disk and then label it with a Sharpie or something. It's not as pretty, but it's the music on the disk that's important, not the label. If you have leet art skills, you could always attempt to draw a copy of whatever is on the original disk to the CDR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?