• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So, uh... the gas prices

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but as you pointed out, that's because strategic reserves are being released. Once that dries up corporations will go right back to gouging people just because they can.

Slave labor is not a requirement, and it still pollutes/destabilizes a lot less land than drilling for oil/fracking.

I was identifying a problem without a current solution, not "complaining." Nuclear power is the best stopgap for the US in particular until we reach a breakthrough in battery technology. That said, a lot of states also have the option to go 100% renewable right now.
Prices will go back up because of simple supply and demand. Econ 101, familiarize yourself with it.

It just so happens that rare earth materials for batteries are all mined in third world countries. Do you think they have a 40 hour work week and livable wages? I laugh in your general direction. :rofl2:

You admit that we are being transitioned to a technology that needs a breakthrough. At least we were able to meet part of the way. That's progress.

City

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thats the price we have to pay to not let russia win in ukraine, even if thousands will die of cold in the west,that is a small price to not let russia win
Damn are you a muslim political terrorist? Because that's one massive suicide bombing to your own campaign.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

matthi321

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn are you a muslim political terrorist? Because that's one massive suicide bombing to your own campaign.
no im just a ukraine supporter.ukriane winning this war is the only thing thats matters now.fuck our own people in the west,if some poor fuckers die of cold or hunger,so be it we cant leet russia win this war.besides if russia win this war, they will just continue to annex countries,until they have annexd the whole world including Antarctia

City

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
no im just a ukraine supporter.ukriane winning this war is the only thing thats matters now.fuck our own people in the west,if some poor fuckers die of cold or hunger,so be it we cant leet russia win this war.besides if russia win this war, they will just continue to annex countries,until they have annexd the whole world including Antarctia

Except Ukraine is never going to win the war alone. The only way for Ukraine to win the war is to be granted a NATO membership, but that will never happen. So maybe let's not make people die of frostbite just because we're too chicken to stop this war by doing the only right thing.

We stopped buying oil from Russia. What did India and other countries do? Bought them at a lower price. The money pressure is clearly not working.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Prices will go back up because of simple supply and demand. Econ 101, familiarize yourself with it.
Wrong, I already told you the price per barrel of oil is at the same level as the late 2000s. Therefore if corporations are charging more per a gallon of gas than they were at that time, it's unnecessary gouging/profiteering, plain and simple. You don't gotta shill for fucking Exxon, much as you seem to enjoy it.

It just so happens that rare earth materials for batteries are all mined in third world countries. Do you think they have a 40 hour work week and livable wages? I laugh in your general direction. :rofl2:
The corporations producing solar panels and wind turbines are international. Same as oil corporations. This is just concern trolling.

You admit that we are being transitioned to a technology that needs a breakthrough. At least we were able to meet part of the way. That's progress.
Again your reading comprehension has failed you. We need a breakthrough in battery technology (or grid capacity) to transfer green energy to certain specific states that don't get enough sun or wind to generate their own. At least half the country could switch to 100% renewables without any issue right now. The other half is better off using nuclear power in the meantime to reduce emissions and pollution.

Reactions: KingVamp

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong, I already told you the price per barrel of oil is at the same level as the late 2000s. Therefore if corporations are charging more per a gallon of gas than they were at that time, it's unnecessary gouging/profiteering, plain and simple. You don't gotta shill for fucking Exxon, much as you seem to enjoy it.

The corporations producing solar panels and wind turbines are international. Same as oil corporations. This is just concern trolling.

Again your reading comprehension has failed you. We need a breakthrough in battery technology (or grid capacity) to transfer green energy to certain specific states that don't get enough sun or wind to generate their own. At least half the country could switch to 100% renewables without any issue right now. The other half is better off using nuclear power in the meantime to reduce emissions and pollution.
So every energy company all around the world are price gouging in unison? Our prices are a lot better than Europe's because they depend on other countries for their energy and that supply got cut off. Supply/demand. Please read up on it.

So solar and wind corporations are just as evil as oil companies. Duly noted.

So we need a breakthrough but half the country could switch right now. Your cognitive dissonance is astounding.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So every energy company all around the world are price gouging in unison?
"Every" he says, as if there aren't only three or four major international oil players that can easily coordinate price fixing.

So solar and wind corporations are just as evil as oil companies. Duly noted.
There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, but the product provided by wind and solar companies can make countries, states, or even individuals energy independent. Meaning it's virtually impossible to gouge the middle and lower classes if we transition to renewables fully. The price of renewables per kWh is already much lower than that of electricity generated by oil, coal, or natural gas.

So we need a breakthrough but half the country could switch right now. Your cognitive dissonance is astounding.
I've been trying my hardest not to insult you, but fuck, your stupidity is really testing my patience here. How is it "cognitive dissonance" if I tell you that one half of the country could fully switch to renewables now, but THE OTHER HALF needs to utilize a stopgap instead? You understand that 50% + 50% = 100%, yes?

Last edited by Xzi,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Every" he says, as if there aren't only three or four major international oil players that can easily coordinate price fixing.

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, but the product provided by wind and solar companies can make countries, states, or even individuals energy independent. Meaning it's virtually impossible to gouge the middle and lower classes if we transition to renewables fully. The price of renewables per kWh is already much lower than that of electricity generated by oil, coal, or natural gas.

I've been trying my hardest not to insult you, but fuck, your stupidity is really testing my patience here. How is it "cognitive dissonance" if I tell you that one half of the country could fully switch to renewables now, but THE OTHER HALF needs to utilize a stopgap instead? You understand that 50% + 50% = 100%, yes?
Imagine equating oil to all energy production. Have you never heard of natural gas, propane, or coal? Please read up on topics before commenting.

Tell that to California who pay the highest in energy costs in the country. The cost is lower because we stopped drilling. Supply and demand. For the love God, read up on it.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. You didn't even back it up with any kind of studies. Sorry if I'm not gonna believe everything you blurt out your butthole.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Imagine equating oil to all energy production. Have you never heard of natural gas, propane, or coal? Please read up on topics before commenting.
You lost the thread somewhere along the way, not me. I was referring specifically to gasoline prices with my comments about gouging and profiteering. You even responded with a comment about strategic reserves being released, remember?

Tell that to California who pay the highest in energy costs in the country. The cost is lower because we stopped drilling.
Lmao way to contradict yourself.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. You didn't even back it up with any kind of studies. Sorry if I'm not gonna believe everything you blurt out your butthole.
Why the fuck would I need a study for a concept so simple a sixth grader could understand it? Some states do not see enough sunshine or wind annually to generate 100% of their own renewable energy, so installing a high number of solar panels and/or wind turbines in those states would be fruitless. Until we have the battery technology to transfer renewable energy from states that can generate an excess of it, those renewable-deficient states need a stopgap to reduce emissions and pollution generated by oil and natural gas. My suggestion would be nuclear energy, but there are other options as well.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You lost the thread somewhere along the way, not me. I was referring specifically to gasoline prices with my comments about gouging and profiteering. You even responded with a comment about strategic reserves being released, remember?

Lmao way to contradict yourself.

Why the fuck would I need a study for a concept so simple a sixth grader could understand it? Some states do not see enough sunshine or wind annually to generate 100% of their own renewable energy, so installing a high number of solar panels and/or wind turbines in those states would be fruitless. Until we have the battery technology to transfer renewable energy from states that can generate an excess of it, those renewable-deficient states need a stopgap to reduce emissions and pollution generated by oil and natural gas. My suggestion would be nuclear energy, but there are other options as well.
Batteries do not transfer power, they store power. Power lines transfer power. Next you gonna tell me that bullets travels 5 times as rapidly as a bullet shot out of any other gun. :rofl2:

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're educated, they'll have a good career and won't be homeless, duh.
If they are educated, they shouldn't need help paying off their student loans. If they don't know how to pay loans back, they won't know how to pay a mortgage or rent.

Poor people will be paying off loans for people with master's degrees.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If they are educated, they shouldn't need help paying off their student loans. If they don't know how to pay loans back, they won't know how to pay a mortgage or rent.

Poor people will be paying off loans for people with master's degrees.
Studentoans shouldn't exist in the first place, silly. :rolleyes:
It's classist as fuck, and only hurts poorer communities, like uh... The entire general population.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Studentoans shouldn't exist in the first place, silly. :rolleyes:
It's classist as fuck, and only hurts poorer communities, like uh... The entire general population.
Well, I live in the real world where they do. Wishing them away will not accomplish much.

I think student loans should be backed by the universities and the billions they receive in endowments, which are tax free. Then they will have skin in the game and not offer stupid degrees to people leading to jobs at Starbucks.

Instead they are taxpayer backed and people can't even claim them in a bankruptcy. Thanks Obama.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so called "libertarians" when you suggest we should break free from corporate moguls and be independent syndicalists:
crying_baby.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs