Homebrew So, the updated Quake ports...

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Quake_Wii

So this Piko guy has resumed work on the QuakeGX port with his own branch imaginatively titled "Quake Wii" for now. Fixed a few bugs, added a couple of features and, according to what I've read, can be taken online somehow! Anyone know how? Something to do with a TCP client but I haven't played Quake in so long that I forget how all this shit works. Anyone wanna do a write-up for those of us that don't know how?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
UranusKiller said:
load quake, press multiplayer > join game (with a internet connection)
Yup..simply press A some times, and you have it
smile.gif
. Tried it out, looks good. I played for 15 Minutes, until I killed myself and recognized that I was the only player
tongue.gif
...great...

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I never seem to be able to find a connection, is it a Nintendo-brand USB thing? I kno DS homebrew used to hate that thing....

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I can connect now, w00t! Problem is, the nunchuk controls go totally haywire when I'm playing online, to the point where it barely does what I'm telling it to. Anyone else having these issues?

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
skroooagh said:
Okay, so I can connect now, w00t! Problem is, the nunchuk controls go totally haywire when I'm playing online, to the point where it barely does what I'm telling it to. Anyone else having these issues?

Yeah I'm getting the same

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ben. said:
skroooagh said:

I'm told that it's because the Wii port uses NetQuake code that just naturally lags and has crappy controls in the way Quake Wii does, I hope it gets fixed...

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
skroooagh said:
Ben. said:
skroooagh said:

I'm told that it's because the Wii port uses NetQuake code that just naturally lags and has crappy controls in the way Quake Wii does, I hope it gets fixed...

Couldn't Piko use the revamped code? "To improve the quality of online play, id Software released QuakeWorld on December 17, 1996, a build of Quake that featured significantly revamped network code including the addition of client-side prediction."
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ben. said:
skroooagh said:
Ben. said:
skroooagh said:

Couldn't Piko use the revamped code? "To improve the quality of online play, id Software released QuakeWorld on December 17, 1996, a build of Quake that featured significantly revamped network code including the addition of client-side prediction."
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quake

I'm sure he could if he wanted to. He's using NetQuake code because someone else made a Wii Quake port called Q1Rev (based on a DS Quake port) and he just took the code straight from that release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...