Gaming So is smash ultimate a port?

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
There is a difference. From brawl to sm4sh there was a huge improvement over the gameplay style, assets and engine. This one shares just too much with sm4sh, even after watching a a bit of the threehouse all i see is sm4sh but with a few tweaks in the gameplay.

Would really try to upload comparative images of the two, but i really dont want to expend time doing that when i can be playing or been a dick over everything and to everyone.
k then

Reactions: DarthDub

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is a difference. From brawl to sm4sh there was a huge improvement over the gameplay style, assets and engine. This one shares just too much with sm4sh, even after watching a a bit of the threehouse all i see is sm4sh but with a few tweaks in the gameplay.

Would really try to upload comparative images of the two, but i really dont want to expend time doing that when i can be playing or drawing dicks.
so mario galaxy 2 is not a sequel?
wolfenstein 2 is not a sequel?

all smash games have the same style... being more floaty or less doesnt make t be a diferent engine you can tooogle then engine, project M mod in brawl modded the brawl engine and by changing afew values on the engine they make it play like ssbm wich again same engine with moded values...

mr.game.and.watc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nah, is not a port
xkJmv4M.png

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so mario galaxy 2 is not a sequel?
wolfenstein 2 is not a sequel?

all smash games have the same style... being more floaty or less doesnt make t be a diferent engine you can tooogle then engine, project M mod in brawl modded the brawl engine and by changing afew values on the engine they make it play like ssbm wich again same engine with moded values...
You cant get the point. In the past they did A LOT of improvements, this one screams SM4SH all over the place. Hell, even after a second or two when they showed actuall in game footage i thought it was sm4sh :/

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You cant get the point. In the past they did A LOT of improvements, this one screams SM4SH all over the place. Hell, even after a second or two when they showed actuall in game footage i thought it was sm4sh :/
like i said without seeing any footage you cant even tell if they didnt changed the combot around.

Last edited by pedro702,

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Different engine, new content, looks faster than sm4sh gameplay wise. Improvements all across the board from everywhere. Not a port. Sorry. Also, I've been cruising around and some people are confirming that it is unreal engine. A bit too early to tell, but the fact that some are noticing the different looks that much is a bit telling.

Last edited by FierceDeityLinkMask,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT"S A NEW ENGINE YOU GOOFS

it uses Unreal, so it's not a port. a "deluxe" or along that lines, but not a port
Well, i could have used that word instead. It describes it better.

Still pretty dissapointed or i had just too high hopes for it. Ridley was the only 10/10 thing out of it.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Completle Agree , its now a new smash .
I like much more the wii version that had solo play story ,, now that was 2 games in 1 .
I hope the will repeat that someday .

FierceDeityLinkMask

GbaTemp's Official Deity
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the engine is from everything that appeared on the stream, even epic games is in there.
That much is too early to tell. It could very well be running on unreal or a different engine. If it does then it wouldn't be a port with that many changes. With maybe a few hours some trusted source or genius is going to give us the facts.

Edit: Although I believe either way it isn't really a port.

Last edited by FierceDeityLinkMask,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would take every Smash character thus far in the previous engine, over a much reduced roster in a new engine.

What would you possibly gain from rebuilding the bloody thing anyway, slightly better graphics and that's it, what a bloody waste of time and money for a game of this graphical style.

All those old characters haven't just been dropped in from their previous games, all the new moves, all the old and alternative stages, the assists, the finishers, the 10,000 mechanical changes!

That sounds like a much better use of their time than rebuilding a new game engine, just because.

They way fighters interact on stages is what makes a fighting game, all those characters and stages changes up the gameplay so much, that this is more of a new game than an engine rebuild would have created.

Like I said, anyone obsessing over the term 'port' is massively missing the point. And probably had no intention of understanding it in the first place, logic is a lower priority than opinion on the good ol internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAhLq0prdoc