Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you two going to fight over Casual versus Core now for no apparent reason in a completely unrelated thread? Really?

It doesn't matter if the WiiU is Casual or Core at this point - it has a handful of games that are not available on other platforms and those games are not exactly stellar to begin with - starting next year, the WiiU will be a viable purchase, but not right now... and before people accuse me of fanboyism or anything of the sort, I wouldn't buy a PS4 or an XBox 720 close to launch either, as you never know what kind of issues with the system will pop up or what kind of support it will receive from developers.

Smart move I like that and I will do so.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a general explanation:

Casual is when you only play games like Wii Sports, and only when friends are over. Hardcore is when you like to play action/RPG/FPS games by yourself or online, usually as a regular thing.

Don't let the marketing droids fool you, the Wii enjoys an attach rate that's higher than the PS3, and is a close second to the 360. The whole casual gamer who only plays Wii Sports really is a rare person indeed.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't let the marketing droids fool you, the Wii enjoys an attach rate that's higher than the PS3, and is a close second to the 360. The whole casual gamer who only plays Wii Sports really is a rare person indeed.
I don’t think Foxi4 will like what you said D: he will go cray Now , that aside what are you saying the Wii Sport is the best game the Wii actually have beside the Wii Sport Resort this the most sold game in the entire history of Nintendo,Sir I tell you know that Foxi4 is coming hard after he reads this :angry:.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think Foxi4 will like what you said D: he will go cray Now , that aside what are you saying the Wii Sport is the best game the Wii actually have beside the Wii Sport Resort this the most sold game in the entire history of Nintendo,Sir I tell you know that Foxi4 is coming hard after he reads this :angry:.

I didn't say anything about Wii Sports or Resort beyond that Wii owners didn't stop there (The attach rate is higher than 2....) Although picking up Resort was a no brainer you essentially got the game almost free with buying a second controller. Sales gimmicks aside most Wii owners do buy games :)

Even with the Wii being the easiest system to pirate on.

"695.37 million games life to date divided by 86 million systems sold is an attach rate of 8.6 games per system."

Older numbers of course but I doubt they went down any since then.

http://3dsforums.com/lounge-2/myth-busting-game-console-attach-rates-14585/

Reactions: MegaBassBX

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah most sold because a copy comes with every Wii system.

You know that is the dumbest record. I mean, even for Super Mario Bros. If it comes with the system, then it wasn't actually sold, because people are paying for the console, not the game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...I'm starting to be an element of a folk tale told to children when they don't want to go to bed here - "Don't say good things about Nintendo or Foxi4 will come after you and eat you in your sleep!". :lol:

Seriously though, yeah, WiiSports sold great because it was bundled with the system - it's really that simple. I acknowledge that the Wii introduced some really cool features and for what it's worth, it's a great console - I certainly enjoyed mine. That said, it WAS severely underpowered and it DID affect the overall library in, in my opinion, a negative way.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I Own a wii U its wonderful I am very happy to be an launch day Adopter. I would not change that at all.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
…I'm starting to be an element of a folk tale told to children when they don't want to go to bed here - "Don't say good things about Nintendo or Foxi4 will come after you and eat you in your sleep!".:lol:

Sorry for making a monster out of you :ha:

Seriously though, yeah, WiiSports sold great because it was bundled with the system - it's really that simple. I acknowledge that the Wii introduced some really cool features and for what it's worth, it's a great console - I certainly enjoyed mine. That said, it WAS severely underpowered and it DID affect the overall library in, in my opinion, a negative way.

Exactly it doesn’t have a big game library, not even near the PS3 or Xbox 360.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i made shitty flowchart to help make up your mind.
5afb9f8da72a46dc926eaff.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: