Android So I think that I screwed up my Galaxy S6..

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted here the other day, and since then I've:
- lost all my contacts
- installed a custom rom that can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/development/multi-csc-t3487409 (cant get a concrete answer on it's name)
- cant get friggin pokemon go to work lol
- data isn't working - kind of

My contacts problem I don't think can be fixed :c
Pokemon go, I havent got a single idea.
My most important problem is the data. I can send texts and call, but as soon as I'm off of wifi, I cant browse the internet. I go into the APN settings and everything is greyed out, and none of the options are selected. And if I go to activate phone, it crashes with the error "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."

I have a Sprint Galaxy S6 non-edge, SM-G920P

I installed the custom rom, hoping that I'd fix my issues, and gain a few extra cool features, but I guess that just isn't gonna happen.

If anyone has suggestions, please toss 'em forward..

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you this, if you're rooted/jailbroken, you can't play Pokemon Go since version 0.37 (I think) since it introduced the "If you're rooted/jailbroken, you can't play" rule. There is a way to play while being rooted but it requires you to use stock rom only. (Magisk)

You could always go back to stock :P Hope someone else can help ya with the rest.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you this, if you're rooted/jailbroken, you can't play Pokemon Go since version 0.37 (I think) since it introduced the "If you're rooted/jailbroken, you can't play" rule. There is a way to play while being rooted but it requires you to use stock rom only. (Magisk)

You could always go back to stock :P Hope someone else can help ya with the rest.
quick question. If i got back to stock rom for the s6 edge, would that work? it's stock, but just not for my phone.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted here the other day, and since then I've:
- lost all my contacts
- installed a custom rom that can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/development/multi-csc-t3487409 (cant get a concrete answer on it's name)
- cant get friggin pokemon go to work lol
- data isn't working - kind of

My contacts problem I don't think can be fixed :c
Pokemon go, I havent got a single idea.
My most important problem is the data. I can send texts and call, but as soon as I'm off of wifi, I cant browse the internet. I go into the APN settings and everything is greyed out, and none of the options are selected. And if I go to activate phone, it crashes with the error "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped."

I have a Sprint Galaxy S6 non-edge, SM-G920P

I installed the custom rom, hoping that I'd fix my issues, and gain a few extra cool features, but I guess that just isn't gonna happen.

If anyone has suggestions, please toss 'em forward..
Sigh, Custom roms make pokemon go unable to play ;D, due to an implementation, lets just say to simplify this, that root makes the game not able to launch. and all custom roms or 99% of them are rooted.
Now,
The problem with your contacts, call and everything id probably due the base rom, i bet you did not check your base rom, and im pretty sure it wasnt G920PVPS4CPI3, theres where your problem resides, since its not the base rom, you needed, all your settings are screwed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sigh, Custom roms make pokemon go unable to play ;D, due to an implementation, lets just say to simplify this, that root makes the game not able to launch. and all custom roms or 99% of them are rooted.
Now,
The problem with your contacts, call and everything id probably due the base rom, i bet you did not check your base rom, and im pretty sure it wasnt G920PVPS4CPI3, theres where your problem resides, since its not the base rom, you needed, all your settings are screwed.
You can fix everything, by just downloading any 5.x+ firmware and flashing it oding, then do a hard factory reset, and you will got it working again.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now,
it isn't my base rom :c
would I be able to install edge features on stock rom with twrp?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

us folks with a jailbroken phones have had a way around that for a while now :P

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users