Hacking Homebrew So I now have 3.03 OE-C...

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far, it's very, very nice. Runs my homebrew. Ran my ISO. Now I can kiss my devhook goodbye... or so I thought. When I tried running a game in OE-C, it didn't recognise the saves I made when I played the game in devhook. Does that mean my (partially completed) games can't be played? I REALLY don't want to go back to devhook now.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So far, it's very, very nice. Runs my homebrew. Ran my ISO. Now I can kiss my devhook goodbye... or so I thought. When I tried running a game in OE-C, it didn't recognise the saves I made when I played the game in devhook. Does that mean my (partially completed) games can't be played? I REALLY don't want to go back to devhook now.

It happens because on Sony's newer firmwares (3.x) they force a signature check to stop the sharing of saved games I believe. So on some of the newer games that you played using a hybrid devhook, those save games will be corrupt in the new OE firmwares, that's not DA's fault, it's a "feature" on the new firmwares. Either start over and run devhook from 3.03 OE, simple to do as well if you can't leave those saved games.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

If you save a game under devhook it's going to have problems running on a 'proper' firmware like OE-C. Sadly you're either going to have to use devhook on OE-C and finish those games or just start again and play them normally.

D

Deleted User

It happens because on Sony's newer firmwares (3.x) they force a signature check to stop the sharing of saved games I believe. So on some of the newer games that you played using a hybrid devhook, those save games will be corrupt in the new OE firmwares, that's not DA's fault, it's a "feature" on the new firmwares. Either start over and run devhook from 3.03 OE, simple to do as well if you can't leave those saved games.
Sony and their damn 'features'! Thank God I only used devhook v .44 with fw 2.71, then forgot about my PSP until 3.02OE-A was released.

But, anyways, does this mean I can't even copy a normally created savegame from my friends PSP to mine? And what's to do if I break my PSP, do I really need to play all those games again from start?

D

Deleted User

So it only affects savegames created with a newer version of devhook that runs a firmware higher than 2.71, e.g. the hybrid versions tama_mog mentioned.
unsure.gif

Makes me glad I haven't used those, because I kind of forgot about my PSP until 3.02OE-A was released.
smile.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, what I meant was some of the games that worked on devhook indeed required firmware higher than 2.71. But a hybrid devhook basically tricks some of those first games that came requiring higher than 2.71 with some replaced prx's. But Sony's newer firmwares does an individual sigcheck on each psp to make sure the upgraded firmware is valid and those games that were ran from the hybrid devhook before falls in the area where the games that require the higher firmwares don't have these encrypted saves the new firmware uses. Hence all the older games from 2.71 down's saves seem to work for me still and everyone else still but the games requiring the hybrid devhook like portable ops, Ultimate Aliance etc got the shaft when trying to revive the game under 3.0xOE....bottom line? If you want those saved games, the hybrid devhook should be used till u finish....not a big deal since you can run a .46 hybrid easily from 3.0xOE's.....just put the execution eboot and folder in GAME150/GAME (pending on your kernel) and the dh/kd files in root as usual.

D

Deleted User

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, what I meant was some of the games that worked on devhook indeed required firmware higher than 2.71. But a hybrid devhook basically tricks some of those first games that came requiring higher than 2.71 with some replaced prx's. But Sony's newer firmwares does an individual sigcheck on each psp to make sure the upgraded firmware is valid and those games that were ran from the hybrid devhook before falls in the area where the games that require the higher firmwares don't have these encrypted saves the new firmware uses. Hence all the older games from 2.71 down's saves seem to work for me still and everyone else still but the games requiring the hybrid devhook like portable ops, Ultimate Aliance etc got the shaft when trying to revive the game under 3.0xOE....bottom line? If you want those saved games, the hybrid devhook should be used till u finish....not a big deal since you can run a .46 hybrid easily from 3.0xOE's.....just put the execution eboot and folder in GAME150/GAME (pending on your kernel) and the dh/kd files in root as usual.
Thanks.
smile.gif
That clears it up!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1