So I installed Win 7

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This shit is weird.

Then again, I was just getting used to Vista, and I only had that for like a week. I do notice an improvement in speed though, so that's nice.

Anyways, what are you guys up to? Anything?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to upgrade when my pc is up and runnin had a few issues like a dead power supply. Sad thing is I got 250 gigs if data to back up or delete first to a 40 gig hard drive(wanna do a clean install)

Oh and BTW I hate vista with a passion

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm trying to buy a AMD N640 2.9GHZ X2 for my brand new notebook.. but the vendor seems tricky..

I second that Vista really sucks..

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkShinigami said:
I plan to upgrade when my pc is up and runnin had a few issues like a dead power supply. Sad thing is I got 250 gigs if data to back up or delete first to a 40 gig hard drive(wanna do a clean install)

Oh and BTW I hate vista with a passion

I just backed my shit up to USB flashdrives. Luckily I didn't have a whole lot, only 100 gigs or so. But still, couldn't get it all.

And I wouldn't say Vista sucks, it's good, just a bit hungry for power.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Coto said:
I'm trying to buy a AMD N640 2.9GHZ X2 for my brand new notebook.. but the vendor seems tricky..

Vista isn't as resource efficient as Win7, that's about it. Otherwise Win7 is just more sleek. Considering Vista is older, it's still quite functional. They just did a lot more idiot proofing so people wouldn't rage at a bunch of problems the people themselves likely created.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saying Vista was inneffecient is a bit of an understatement, it was slow, bulky and RAM hungry. Windows 7 is way better, but if you really want to see your PC fly, try Tiny 7 (google it) I have it on my netbook and it runs faster than XP SP3!

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Good on ya SS. Just make sure to get all the relevant drivers, or your computer won't end up supporting DirectX or OpenGL, among other things

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Actshually Windows Vista eventually evolved into Windows 7 via updates. Microsoft want more money so they keep some bugs in Vista and releases 7 with bug fixes, visual polish, and very very slight increase in performance (but big if compared to Vista pre-patch).

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:
Actshually Windows Vista eventually evolved into Windows 7 via updates. Microsoft want more money so they keep some bugs in Vista and releases 7 with bug fixes, visual polish, and very very slight increase in performance (but big if compared to Vista pre-patch).
You think people would try Vista again if they just released some updates?
No, I think not.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hells Malice said:
Coto said:

Vista isn't as resource efficient as Win7, that's about it. Otherwise Win7 is just more sleek. Considering Vista is older, it's still quite functional. They just did a lot more idiot proofing so people wouldn't rage at a bunch of problems the people themselves likely created.

It may, but Vista eats a lot of CPU & RAM unnecesarily. That makes it unrefined, slow and useless. However without Vista Win7 wouldn't have been possilbe at all.

ronfar23x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I originally installed Vista32 on my machine, and it was crappy! But after reformatting and installing the 64 bit everything was gravy! haven't had a problem out of it.

Vista 32 = crap
Vista 64 = yummy!

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:

This statement is curios, as the whole kernel for WIN7 and Vista is totally diferent. THe kernel in Win 7 is more efficient, and the biggest advantage of the new kernel is that win 7 received a lot of feedback thanks to the Betas and RC that microsoft released.

Right now I'm planing to test Win 8 in a VHD in my Win 7 Ultimate Laptop.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Midna said:
Good on ya SS. Just make sure to get all the relevant drivers, or your computer won't end up supporting DirectX or OpenGL, among other things

That's what I'm doing now. I only installed it last night, and by the time it was done, it was late and I had to wake up early, so I just left it. Still not used to the thing. I'm curious about that snap feature where it resizes windows or whatever.

What are some tips about 7 that I should know? I'd like to know how to take full use of it.

QUOTE(ronfar23x @ Sep 26 2011, 07:46 AM) I originally installed Vista32 on my machine, and it was crappy! But after reformatting and installing the 64 bit everything was gravy! haven't had a problem out of it.

Vista 32 = crap
Vista 64 = yummy!

I was running 64bit, maybe that's why I didn't understand all the hate Vista was getting, because it was smooth for me.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Windows 8 comes out in 2012, glad you caught up
wink.gif
I'm running Windows 8 on one system already lol. But I think I still prefer win7 for non-touchscreen.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
amptor said:
Windows 8 comes out in 2012, glad you caught up
wink.gif
I'm running Windows 8 on one system already lol. But I think I still prefer win7 for non-touchscreen.

You mean the one with the "metro" design? I kinda hated it..

As for smoothness seems W8 is a bit ahead of W7 (at least, in Windows Developer Preview which I installed once). But if I want a touch screen SO, I'd preffer Apple devices (which I don't like at all..) or Android

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it