So I bought a new laptop two or three days ago.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
MTWdeluxe said:
master00d said:
its great
biggrin.gif
i also bought a new lap and the first thing iv done was
1.update windows
smile.gif

2.install ubuntu
but i had problems with the wifi card :s
but now is ok ,also i just have only 2.5h of battery
cry.gif
which kinda suck ,now its like 2.5-3 h coz of the new linux kernel but still ......it suck
so you will have more battery once you go linux
biggrin.gif

but you have a nice one !!!
congrat and treat it well
smile.gif

solution: don't use linux or pc craptops, buy a mac and enjoy 9 hours of battery life.
dont use linux?
wtf.gif

and what use mac or win with real money
tpi.gif
for those crap performances they have with the "craptops"
aslo i use a battery which on win is like 2 h and 3h on linux coz i have a 6 cell battery,but if i had a 9 cell one the battery would be even better
also a mac costs like x2 the original prize of a laptop .............
wtf.gif

you having a mac .......doesnt mean the other are craptop

pistone

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Foxi4 said:
MTWdeluxe said:
solution: don't use linux or pc craptops, buy a mac and enjoy 9 hours of battery life.

*sighs* I realize that you need some sort of confirmation that your overpriced purchase was well-motivated and "right", but...

It's not.
obrazek.jpg

Mmm-kay?
iknow that one word comments are banned
tpi.gif

but lol !!!!
also i know one
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.
smileipb2.png

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The irony behind it is that regardless if it's a normal laptop or a Mac, it's still the same x64 platform. It's the exact same hardware. Any modern laptop can boot MacOS (Hackintosh) without breaking a sweat, sometimes beating Mac Books performance-wise at it.

IT'S THE SAME ARCHITECTURE.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MTWdeluex

Trolololololo.

OP:

I've seen some good, and really bad laptops. Good being my dad's huge Toshiba laptop, and the bad being the puny Acer, it lags even on start up, even sounds like it.

pistone

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Foxi4 said:
The irony behind it is that regardless if it's a normal laptop or a Mac, it's still the same x64 platform. It's the exact same hardware. Any modern laptop can boot MacOS (Hackintosh) without breaking a sweat, sometimes beating Mac Books performance-wise at it.

IT'S THE SAME ARCHITECTURE.
weah its like that but the boot loaders...........i hate them .......but you also need to have a intel if im ont wrong :s
..........also i found my last one for this night
tpi.gif

Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. Linux is the answer.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Looks like MTWdeluex got banned
tpi.gif

I like the laptop specs, but I don't care for Acers, I've always had bad luck with them.
Nah, he got deleted. Different from a ban.
tpi.gif

(Though was does it say he's still viewing this topic?)

But yeah, I've had issues with Acers as well, speed issues.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KirbyBoy said:
tpi.gif

I like the laptop specs, but I don't care for Acers, I've always had bad luck with them.
tpi.gif

Strange
unsure.gif

My issues wasn't just the speed issue, it's was more like customer service is just plain awful.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
tpi.gif

tpi.gif

Strange
unsure.gif

My issues wasn't just the speed issue, it's was more like customer service is just plain awful.
Hmm, then it probably depends on the model, whenever it starts up you can always hear the start up sound lagging, and it takes forever to load.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing MTW's posts just got deleted because he was trolling. Doubt that mods have the power to lock a thread for a specific user (how helpful that would be).

@OP: Glad you like the Aspire. Just a general rule of thumb, no matter what manufacturer you buy from, a 17 inch laptop is likely to overheat with that much surface area. But it sounds like it's properly equipped with more fans so it should be okay.

@MTW: If you're trolling this thread because you can get more battery life on your Macbook then that's just sad. The Acer Aspire Ethos AS5951G-9694 can achieve just as much battery life on a bigger screen, more RAM, 250GB more HDD, and a Blu-Ray drive all for $1400. To even get close, a MacbookPro would have to be upgraded to $2100 and STILL not have a Blu-Ray drive.

KirbyBoy said:
Hmm, then it probably depends on the model, whenever it starts up you can always hear the start up sound lagging, and it takes forever to load.
That sounds like Windows is fragmented and has too many startup items rather than hardware failure.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
I'm guessing MTW's posts just got deleted because he was trolling. Doubt that mods have the power to lock a thread for a specific user (how helpful that would be).

@OP: Glad you like the Aspire. Just a general rule of thumb, no matter what manufacturer you buy from, a 17 inch laptop is likely to overheat with that much surface area. But it sounds like it's properly equipped with more fans so it should be okay.

@MTW: If you're trolling this thread because you can get more battery life on your Macbook then that's just sad. The Acer Aspire Ethos AS5951G-9694 can achieve just as much battery life on a bigger screen, more RAM, 250GB more HDD, and a Blu-Ray drive all for $1400. To even get close, a MacbookPro would have to be upgraded to $2100 and STILL not have a Blu-Ray drive.

KirbyBoy said:
That sounds like Windows is fragmented and has too many startup items rather than hardware failure.
Thing is, my dad is the only one that messes with it, and he barely downloads anything (He's one of those people that are afraid of everything online, he even buys Anti-Virus for us every year.) The only start up thing that I know he runs is that little sidebar on the right that shows the time and day.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hakoda said:
Actually they were deleted because he was banned, look at his account

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Thing is, my dad is the only one that messes with it, and he barely downloads anything (He's one of those people that are afraid of everything online, he even buys Anti-Virus for us every year.) The only start up thing that I know he runs is that little sidebar on the right that shows the time and day.
Regardless, some software adds some things to the startup whether you're aware of it or not. To see what starts up with your system, press the Windows key + R and type "msconfig". Click on the "Startup" tab to see what applications are on the list. Some things are essential while other things aren't. It's possible you'll find things that you need like your antivirus and others you don't need like Adobe Flash Updater or something.

There's also the fact that the NTFS file system fragments quite often, slowing down system performance. Windows includes a built-in Disk Defragmenter to help cope with this issue. It is usually found in the "System Tools" folder of the "Accessories" folder in the start menu.

@Catboy: good riddance.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KirbyBoy said:
tpi.gif

tpi.gif

QUOTE(Hakoda @ Jul 18 2011, 06:50 PM)
Actually they were deleted because he was banned, look at his account
Yeah, that was me.
Gotta love the spambot button.
tpi.gif

(As you were)

unnkown95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply the fact that it is an ACer makes me despise it, they use cheap parts, and AMD proccessors overheat way to much. AT BJ's they had an ASUS i5 2.8 GHZ dualcore 2nd gen, for 449$ w/ 6gb ram and 500 GB ram which i bought, and i have an acer aspire also its a 5741-5763 it has already been sent in once it had a faulty cpu. Acer sucks with repairs they dont offer onsite and it takes for ever to get anything back. AMD phenom is good but yours isnt too powerful at 2.2 ghz i would over clock it and replace your graphics card.

Over all i rate the computer at 4/10 cause its an acer.

Do you know the windows experience rating on it by any chance, i doubt it though since you hate windows.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unnkown95 said:
Simply the fact that it is an ACer makes me despise it, they use cheap parts, and AMD proccessors overheat way to much. AT BJ's they had an ASUS i5 2.8 GHZ dualcore 2nd gen, for 449$ w/ 6gb ram and 500 GB ram which i bought, and i have an acer aspire also its a 5741-5763 it has already been sent in once it had a faulty cpu. Acer sucks with repairs they dont offer onsite and it takes for ever to get anything back. AMD phenom is good but yours isnt too powerful at 2.2 ghz i would over clock it and replace your graphics card.

Over all i rate the computer at 4/10 cause its an acer.

Do you know the windows experience rating on it by any chance, i doubt it though since you hate windows.
You don't seem to making a proper critique of Acer. They can't be using "cheap parts" if they're using the same PC hardware as everyone else. However, if you're referring to things that Acer actually makes then you are justified. However, by stating you don't like Acer because their AMD CPU's overheat is not entirely because of Acer, it's also partly AMD. I say partly because if Acer doesn't cool the laptop properly with enough fans then it can overheat, regardless of which CPU brand you choose. But if the WiFi card just "fails" or the hard drive stops spinning then you can only blame the original company, not the manufacturer.

On the contrary, I've heard on multiple occasions that their customer service blows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway