pgfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I FINALLY received my dstt.

So from the official website, do i download the English kernel: TTMenu OS v1.10, 2008-03-31 ??
and just drag that onto the microsd?

If so, is there anything I need to do after that?

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBAtemp review has great first-hand info. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=69748

If you feel dirty downloading ROMs, get an EZ 3in1 or slot-2 and backup your own carts. On the plus side, you can load GBA games from slot-1 to the EZ 3in1, add additional RAM, rumble. It's a little less than 20 bucks at DealExtreme. If I can recall correctly, you don't even need a slot-2 to back up your cart, just use WiFi with rudolph's backup tool wifi.

ah, here we go.. http://www.monroeworld.com/myfaq/index.php...&artlang=en

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, you just put all the files @ the microSD (inside the TTmenu folder).
well.. after that..? put what you want on there (preferably games in a "games" or "NDS" folder, and media in a "media" folder and so on.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@thaigrocer: You don't need an EZ3in1 to backup your own carts.

@pgfreak: In a nutshell: Reformat your microSD card (FAT16 if it's under 4GB, otherwise FAT32). Unzip the kernel that you downloaded (yes, that's the latest version) and place the TTMenu.dat file and TTMENU folder on the root of your card. Create a folder named "games" and drop one or two .nds files in it. Use the "safely remove hardware" utility on Windows to remove your microSD card. Put the DSTT in the NDS. Put the microSD card in the DSTT. Turn on the NDS. You should see your games in a list. Click one to play.

-Bri

pgfreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the replies
for homebrew like... dsorganize and moonshell .. they seem to have many folders, do i put all of them on the microsd?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell and DSOrganize each have a single data folder (named "moonshl" and ""DSOrganize" respectively) with lots of files inside. These folders can go in a folder named "data" that is at the root of your microSD card (they will also work if you place the data folders directly at the root of the card instead of in the "data" folder). Well-behaved homebrew will allow you to put the data in the "data" folder that is at the root of your card, but some require data at the root of the card. Luckily, Moonshell and DSOrganize support the "data" folder.

You can put the .nds files for Moonshell and DSOrganize anywhere you want (for example a "homebrew" folder or "apps" folder).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?