Hacking So a PR was just sent to pegaswitch to allow it to dump files from the console.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from reading the switch is a Nvidia android shield portable just with nintendo's os on it so when the switch's fw is dumped and decrypted what would be stopping us from putting the Switch's os on the Nvidia shield and playing switch games?

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from reading the switch is a Nvidia android shield portable just with nintendo's os on it so when the switch's fw is dumped and decrypted what would be stopping us from putting the Switch's os on the Nvidia shield and playing switch games?
Probably nothing however games may or may not run due to ram limitations (the switch has more custom ram than the shield), im more interested in what has been or is being dumped from the switch with the this webkit tool if its is in fact real.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Xbox One is just an AMD PC running a custom OS, what's to stop us from putting its OS on a standard PC?
The PC4 is just an AMD PC running a custom OS, what's to stop us from putting its OS on a standard PC too?

Oh, wait, things aren't that simple.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be honest, I think it would need some patches because the Shield TV has 3GB's of RAM and the Nintendo Switch has 4GB's. So some games might work flawlessly and others might not run at all?

The reverse should be easy enough though with some patches to Android I think you could run Shield TV's OS on the Switch fairly easy? (only because the whole open source nature of Android and drivers and all that.)

Edit: What would be nice about that is if you could dual boot, this would give you Android freedom on the Nintendo with emulation and media playing. While still allowing you to play Nintendo games.

Last edited by Psionic Roshambo,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Xbox One is just an AMD PC running a custom OS, what's to stop us from putting its OS on a standard PC?
The PC4 is just an AMD PC running a custom OS, what's to stop us from putting its OS on a standard PC too?

This case it might be different the switch is a rebranded shield with extended ram.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

O ok i see what you did there but the os has not been decrypted on them tho.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably nothing however games may or may not run due to ram limitations (the switch has more custom ram than the shield), im more interested in what has been or is being dumped from the switch with the this webkit tool if its is in fact real.
There are other android devices out there with way better ram and processors so I can see others buying them over the switch and installing the switch's os on them and using that over what nintendo has out. But i know something like that is still very far off.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are other android devices out there with way better ram and processors so I can see others buying them over the switch and installing the switch's os on them and using that over what nintendo has out. But i know something like that is still very far off.
I could totally see this happening, slowly but surely game consoles will have to become more PC like to stay relevant and this will probably start to backfire.

Reactions: leerpsp

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could totally see this happening, slowly but surely game consoles will have to become more PC like to stay relevant and this will probably start to backfire.
Yep and believe me when it happens to the switch i'm buying a way bigger and better table and using my 3d printer to make some case/holder for the switch joy-cons for it.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CPU's maybe... there is better but if they are better it's not by a lot, GPU wise? No the X1 is the top of the pyramid in Android land right now and unless Nvidia or AMD makes something better, it will remain that way for a while.

Edit: I say this now and watch, Nvidia launches the X2 next week based on it's new architecture 50% faster at the same power envelope. (I want that to be in the Switch XL lol)

Last edited by Psionic Roshambo,
Reactions: leerpsp

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1